Are you doing meditation?

Discussion in 'Meditation' started by Sabelina, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Sabelina

Sabelina New Member

Hi everybody,
    I am a interior designer.I will do meditation everyday morning about one hour.It helps me to do my work perfect and fast.It made my mind very relaxed.Really it is very much helpful for my profession.Even i missed to do it one day ,I was not much happy with that day.So i never missed to do meditation.What about you?[​IMG]

James Eckburg likes this.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Yes I do it daily and yes; once you get a taste of it, you simply can't miss it.

batalash3d likes this.
  3. mothermart

mothermart New Member

I am new to this site and very happy to find a forum on meditation. I try to meditate at least once a day, mostly in the morning. If I meditate after work I just fall asleep. [​IMG] I have been meditating on a regular basis now for three years, and I too find that if I don't meditate in the morning (especially on work days) I tend to get cranky.

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Everyone!
    For quite some time, I have known and called upon my sixth sense.
    During the past several years distractions and events which were not pleasing to me were in my way..I was not focusing.
    Recently I was given the gift of "Think and Grow Rich" and just finished reading the book for the third time today.
    Next, I was led to the movie"The Secret".
    Someone in another forum made a post which was interesting enough to lead me to the movie "Abraham The Secret Behind The Secret"...
    What a journey!
    The mind really does have incredible creative ability based upon thoughts. (Hopefully positive in nature). We really are free to create desired riches, financial and spiritual.[​IMG]
    Victoria

5. greenflash

greenflash Guest

Ahh, but the key is to get to 'active' meditation. 'Passive" meditation is exactly what you are describing - and is wonderful - don't change a thing.

but i think the goal is 'active' where you can carry that peace of mind off the floor and into the traffic jam....

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

greenflash: ...where you can carry that peace of mind off the floor and into the traffic jam....

Nicely said - interesting way of putting that.

I practice both active and passive meditation.

I place quite a bit more value on passive meditation. The majority of the point for me is to Break On Through To The Other Side. With enough practice and progress, passive meditation does spill out into waking life.

You really have to learn how to achieve an intense focus. Most are unable to do so. That may be why so many prefer active meditation over passive.

Even so, the two can feed each other and I feel that active meditation is quite valuable as well. Progress in one makes progress in the other much easier. It's wise to maximize your chance at gaining more and more peace.

~Newbie Shield~

7. Kyle Morris

Kyle Morris New Member

I also do meditation but not everyday. It somehow helps me to have a clear and calm mind, in fact when making a decision, I also meditate, I will think of the circumstances that could possibly happened.

8. Vero Saenz

Vero Saenz New Member

What I see is that you are talking of two types of meditation and actually is one. Meditation is the total absence of thought because beyond the body and mind is our Being Each time we meditate we are seeking to approach Him and for that there must have empty and in absolute relax our mind.

As we all carry with many vices, defects and evils within us, it is better to fight for being aware from moment to moment in order to know more deeply and remove all our ego. This is how we settle permanently in the Self and meditation will not need more because we will have achieved the ultimate spiritual awakening.

Have a wonderfull day

James Eckburg likes this.
  9. shubha

shubha New Member

Yes i do meditation , I try to do it everyday.
    When i meditate i feel full of enthusiastic whole day.

10. batalash3d

batalash3d New Member

I have started recently. I am going on my 21st consecutive day and I love it. I found this really great app that I use and it includes guided meditations. ;)

payment proof likes this.
  11. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I should probably try to mediate more. It's a great way to relax and to increase focus.

batalash3d likes this.
  12. batalash3d

batalash3d New Member

Check out the Insight Timer app.... it's awesome !! :)

payment proof likes this.
  13. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Thanks. :) I will.

14. transilva

transilva New Member

wow! that's a very good habit. I always try to continue it but i can't.