Are you using Pinterest?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by robinincarolina, Feb 22, 2012.

1. CoastalProfit

CoastalProfit New Member

Thanks Ina Stanley for that advice and information! I will try to start looking it to it right soon!

2. amicof

amicof Member

I'm experiencing linking pic to my youtube videos. Has anybody done it and tracked results?

3. Ina Stanley

Ina Stanley Member

I haven't yet amicof, but I was thinking about it. Perhaps we can find some references to it somewhere. I've also heard about images from catalogs being used effectively so I'd be interested to see some statistics from that as well.

4. Ina Stanley

Ina Stanley Member

Uggh, I amaze myself sometimes when I don't think of the obvious. Maybe my late idea will help any of you who are thinking of ways to use Pintrest for your businesses.

Each time I write a blog post, I create a "featured image" that represents what the blog post is about. I do this for 2 main reasons: (1) so that there is more to the post than just text to make it a little more interesting and to evoke a little more emotion about the topic being discussed and (2) so that there is an image to represent the blog post in the rss feed (so if the description doesn't give enough of an idea of what the post is about, the image will help give the general idea and entice more rss subscribers to click and read.

So the obvious idea? Why not use these same images on represent my blog posts on Pintrest? It's a way to put the blog out to a different viewership. Maybe any of you who also use featured images or other images in your posts can do the same thing. Do this ESPECIALLY if you create and / or use infographics for your business. Infographics have been the hot new thing for a while, and with Pintrest really catching on it gives you a forum for really displaying those infographics. Combine the 2 and you might see some real power from your Pintrest efforts!

5. michellej

michellej New Member

I just started using Pintrest. I also love it. I haven't used
    it myself to drive traffic to my site. I find myself looking at
    other pictures. I have to get more serious about promoting
    my business and stop looking at what everyone else is doing.

6. Ina Stanley

Ina Stanley Member

Lol, I know. It can be a real time-sucker if you're not careful. I'll be starting to explore it a bit more next week. I wanted to be sure all of my analytics were in place first. Going to test it out with about 4 or 5 ideas I've been working on so hopefully will have some good news to report soon.

7. Cheryl1007

Cheryl1007 New Member

I have been able to really increase my website traffic with Pinterest and I love it. So Pinterest does work. I track it through my blog and I can also see the exact pins people view the most and then I try to copy that idea and link to the name blog article. It does take some creativity when selling consulting and idea or something that just isn't tangible! Always open to hearing other ideas!

8. jamess

jamess Member

Social Media is getting huge day by day and pininterest, twitter and facebook are top social media sites..

9. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Pinterest-02.png
    I have joined Pinterest but I haven't put a board up yet. I need to do it, but like Cheryl said some things are hard to market with pictures because they aren't tangible. I'm working on a Pinterest strategy though and soon I will actually launch a campaign.

10. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

I use Pinterest for niches that especially lend themselves to images. We all like looking at images when it comes to fashion, cooking, art, that type of thing. I should however get into the videos too. One day very soon!
    Surely Pinterest will have to continue to grow in interest.

11. I also use Pinterest. I'm not a hardcore user by any means, but when I have what I consider a well-written blog post with a nice picture in it, I'll pin it on pinterest and write a few words.