Are you with the same company as you were a year ago?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dawnmo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. dawnmo New Member

Hi everyone!

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in a very long time. How is everyone doing?

Are your businesses continuing to grow?

I am curious as to how many here have stayed with their company for at least a year.

I am on my third year in SendOutCard and although I had some growth and increase in pay the first two years...I am really starting to see things take off this year. I am so happy that I didn't give up in the first year or two.

If you've been with your company for a few months to a year, and you are doing at least a little bit every week to move your business forward...DON'T GIVE UP! Keep doing what you are doing....get a part time job if you need more income....but in another year or two you will be happy you stuck with it.

Now....who is in for the long haul? Who has been with their current company for at least a year?
  2. happywife Gold Member

Hi Dawn,

Nice to see you back in the forum again. I assume you are specifically referring to MLM companies when you ask how long we've stayed with a company.

I've been with AIM/BarleyLife for a couple of years and will continue to stay with them indefinitely, but I do better with my affiliate marketing than I do with MLM still.

I use SBI to build niche websites and have been doing that for 4 years. It has really paid off and continues to grow steadily each year. I actually use my health site to not only promote affiliates and earn adsense income but also promote the AIM products, so it works well.

Blessings,
    Angie

Extra tip: You may want to change your email address in your signature so that it isn't a live email. use (at) instead of @ and (dot) instead of . The reason is because there is software that trolls the internet for live addresses and you will increase your incoming spam in a big way by leaving it live.
  3. annalaurab New Member

Yes I am. I have been with Scent Sations for over 5 years. It's the only MLM I've ever done and while I am a customer of several others including send out cards, I really love Scent Sations. I also believe that you have to stick with one company for several years in order to really give it your all and to make it to the top.
  4. StayBalanced New Member

I'm am new to this form. Just joined today. Good question Dawn, and good points.
    I've been with Market America for 3 going on 4 years now. Because I work a regular busness as a Nutritionist, building the Unfranchise business is a little slow for me, but I am getting regular commission checks which is very nice.
    Because I continue to work it part time every week, it will continue to grow until I can totally retire. I think most people give up on direct sales companies because they expect to "get rich quick" , and that is not reality. It is like any other business, it takes time, effort, dedication and a positive attitude.
    I also just joined The Customer Advantage yesterday as a means to advertise my Nutrition business, so not sure where that will go if anywhere.
  5. westfam11 Member

I am on my third year with Trivita, a health and wellness company. I am happy that I chose this company, it has paid me every month since joining.

I also use send out cards to correspond with my customers at Trivita. I really enjoy the service.
  6. dawnmo New Member

Great to hear you have all been with the same company for a few years.

Have you found that your business started to take off after the 2 or 3rd year? This is the case with most of the people I have spoken with. Sadly, most people give up too soon.

I think this is a message that needs to get out more often.
  7. bashfulmarketer New Member

I am a TriVita affiliate and I have about 90 customers in my "downline." My upline sponsor and his bro have helped me get customers below me by buying customer "bundles" for me. I have also used most of my commissions to buy a few customer bundles myself.

This month my total sales volume is about $750 and may get close to $900, I think. So, that may earn me a commission check of over $100(maybe closer to $130-150...will have to crunch the numbers).

I want to continue to build my business, and I just want to say that I am seeing that this business model works, and I just need to continue to acquire more customers(and reach a critical mass, if you will).

TriVita continues to send marketing materials to some of my customers and I have seen 2-3 people reorder products this month that I wouldn't normally expect to do so. One of these customers ordered $280 worth of products--that will earn me around 40 bucks or so.

So, I am seeing that TriVita will work even for a bashful network marketer such as myself.[IMG]
  8. talfighel Silver Member

One of the main products that I have been promoting is called the Plug In Profit Site. This program not only closes leads for me into sales but it allows me and others to get a person not in ONE mlm company but 5.

I like the idea that I can generate 5 income streams at the same time instead of focusing on ONE and not knowing if that company will be around in a few months or years.

I have seen some good companies out there that either went out of business or merged with other companies that ruined the person's chance to build long term residual income.

If you are doing well with one company, look for others that you can build even more streams of income.