Aren't online 'paid surveys' kind of a joke?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by dann, Feb 12, 2012.

1. dann

dann New Member

Don't they all pay less than minimum wage (not that its some fixed hourly rate , but on average.)

I would think they'd only be of value for people who have a high risk of becoming homeless or something.

2. As long as you complete quite a few surveys, you can earn some regular income. Every bit helps with a lot of folk!

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Just be careful with surveys and make sure you read all the fine print. All I ever got was a massive headache and charges on my credit card, but I know some people make money with them.

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I would encourage anyone reading this post to find some sort of an MLM opportunity online and focus all your efforts there. Don't waste time with PAID SURVEYS. Just like a JOB, the income stops when you stop doing any of them even if they pay really low.

5. Gringo

Gringo New Member

Instead of wasting your time doing nothing on the internet why not try out online surveys. You will never make a ton of money but you can make between 1 -3 $ for just answering a few questions that will take between 5 -20 minutes of your time. you have nothing to lose with only money to gain so why not give it a try.

6. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

Some sites are better than others, but it's really hard to make decent money. The more you sign up for the better. It's all free money and not a bad idea to get started, however other methods are much more lucrative.

Joanne

7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

One thing I haven't seen in my 5 years marketing online is a crowd of people raving about making any income of significance with surveys.

If its something one wants to do in their spare time sure, but if one is looking for some serious income potential with a home business your time is likely better spent doing something OTHER than online surveys, that you rarely qualify for.

8. sk8erpizimp

sk8erpizimp New Member

Their good if you dont have another way to make money online, its better to do something to make money than nothing on the internet.

9. happygal

happygal Member

I think they can be a nice, solid supplemental income. But not a steady source. I have done them for years and do pretty well with them. But it's not my job. I refer to it as my gravy [​IMG]

What I do while watching TV at night, etc. But there is money to be made there for sure.

10. EG23

EG23 New Member

I've really tried the whole paid survey thing, and maybe I've just been visiting the wrong sites, but I've only been able to find those sites that have surveys that literally NEVER end! Q&A galore with no real ending. So if anyone's had luck with this, more power to you. It's just been an annoyance for me, that and the payout just doesnt seem worth it.

11. aaronempowered

aaronempowered New Member

Yes, pretty much IMO. But you can't compare them to a job. It's something that you do on the side, but I know I can find something that pays more for the time invested, online or off.

Best I ever saw a survey pay is $1-2 and those are few and far between.

12. Ritu Anand

Ritu Anand Member

dann
    I don't know about paid surveys being a joke. I found them particularly painful - they just go on and on and on. I have spent sometimes upto 15 mins going on with an endless survey and finally decided to quit because I am quite unsure how long it will continue.[​IMG] I think they should let you know how long the survey is before you take it up. [​IMG]

13. kmstudio

kmstudio Member

I was with an online survey company for awhile, but I would only get sent to do one every couple of days, so it definitely didn't make me much extra income, but for a 15 minute survey, I'd get like $3. That ends up being like $12/hr. So not fantastic, but not bad to do quickly on a lunch break or something. I enjoyed it for awhile, but then got bored. I think it also started to not work properly on my computer for some reason, which is another reason I quit. I didn't like any of the other companies I tried going through though, and I forget what this particular one was called.

14. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Let's just put it this way.

The people who are raking in the nice profits online with paid surveys are the people who own these programs which you have to pay a fee to join and their affiliates.

15. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

talfighel: The people who are raking in the nice profits online with paid surveys are the people who own these programs which you have to pay a fee to join and their affiliates.
    I don't agree. When I first started making money online, I wanted to make money with sites that were both free to join and offered free ways to make money. It took a ton of time and research to find the really good survey sites, but they are out there. Making money for free became the niche I focused on.

I've consistantly made money with sites like these for 6+ years and I have never paid a fee to join anything.

In fact, I stress that ANY income opportunity should be free to start, whether it is making money with surveys, or making money with something else.

16. John Jansen

John Jansen New Member

I agree with Ritu Anand. Also, there are times when you are sent the same survey over and over again, it gets tiring. It makes me wonder if the job is real.

17. jberri12

jberri12 New Member

I will have to say my experience is very similar to payment proof above. I also am concentrating on making money that doesn't require an investment upfront. You can make money doing surveys, it's just not going to make you rich. It is one of a number of opportunities you can use to create a stream of income on-line.

18. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

payment proof: In fact, I stress that ANY income opportunity should be free to start, whether it is making money with surveys, or making money with something else.
    Yea, but when its time to make some real money, investment is a must.
    Im in this to make some real money [​IMG]

19. JayW

JayW New Member

In some cases paid surveys can make you some money if you are involved with the right research firms. Many survey sites are low quality and don't pay much, but serious firms are willing to pay you a bit more, but the surveys will also be a lot longer and more engaging.

20. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

JayW: In some cases paid surveys can make you some money if you are involved with the right research firms. Many survey sites are low quality and don't pay much, but serious firms are willing to pay you a bit more, but the surveys will also be a lot longer and more engaging.
    That's true JayW. Longer surveys can pay more and they are a lot more engaging. Often more technical as well. A lot of survey sites also referral/affiliate programs, so that may be something else to consider.

Just be sure the site is free to join and also offers free ways to make money.