Arise formerly known as Willow...Any body working for them??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RichTXn, Mar 15, 2007.

1. medtransathome

medtransathome New Member

How did you know which client to choose? Do you know the allowable hours before you go through training for each individual company and pay the fees? I am an at-home medical transcriptionist and have done so for 14 years. I'm a little burned out on it and would enjoy more "human" interaction. Clearly, I am disciplined and set up for at-home work so I would require no settle in time for that. I can give you my direct e-mail address if you prefer. Thank you. I have read a number of your posts and you certainly do not back down from responses. I respect that.
  2. cfshabazz

cfshabazz New Member

I currently work full time, but am in need of supplemental income. I am a very hard and dedicated worker and am going to take a chance on Arise. I just submitted the online test, after completing the script exercise. It would be a dream come true if I could earn just $100 per week to keep spending money in my pocket. Being a divorced mom of 3 (2 teens), the little boost of pocket cash would be extremely beneficial. I am willing to dedicate 15-20 hrs per week and am hoping this will be the answer to my prayers. I have been scammed so many times with "at home employment". Any guidance from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can also check out freelance writing jobs, it is easy to get work
  4. ltorres

ltorres New Member

Does arise primarily do customer service with some upsell opportunities? Anyone know/do any sales/telemarketing/cold calling and how is that working? Thanks
  5. sstuart

sstuart New Member

I am currently in the process of taking the ACP101 with Arise. I still have to incorporate and purchase some equipment. Then there are the costs of the client certifications. There has been a complaint filed against Arise that claims they do not have any work. Supposedly the claimant had not had a single opportunity to work, even after five months. This has been the only complaint or adverse posting against Arise that I have found, other than the handful of resoled complaints that are listed on the Better Business Bureau website.
    So, does Arise offer real opportunities to make a decent wage after one deducts all of the start up costs, taxes, etc.
    I am excited about this opportunity, but can't afford to be burned.
    Thanks in advance for any help/information that anyone can offer.
  6. aqueminilove

aqueminilove New Member

Hey all!

I am almost done completing the Arise process. Thus far I paid $25 to get certified through arise, $14 for a background check, and $70 to become incorporated online through my state's site (Florida-sunbiz.org). Everything has been pretty simple and relatively inexpensive. I know now the only expenses I will have are the client certifications. I know several people who either have or still work for Arise and are completely satisfied. One even drew me into it showing me her paycheck from Arise, $3,000.00 for one month, and she only has 2 clients and does it part time after her regular 40 hour week full time job. If that isnt enough to make you want to do it, then dont! I was recently laid off my full time job as a Project Engineer for a commercial landscape company, none the less I have a 3 year old son and I am close to 7 months pregnant... This is an awesome opportunity in my opinion, especially for someone in my situation, considering I am also a work-a-holic... Im excited but I would like to know if there is anyone out there working for Arise willing to give me more insight on the clients... [​IMG]
  7. grits

grits New Member

i just quit arise after working for them almost 5 years. I started when it was Willow and a great company. Since it has been sold 2 years ago, my opinion, is that its gone down the tubes. They no longer wish to have any communications with agents. Any questions, problems, etc must be handled thru the "resolution center". Which means you have no idea who you are dealing with, and it takes days to get an answer. Very inpersonable!! Their rules have changed drastically since I first joined. You are not allowed any emergency!! if you drop you scheduled time slot within 48 hours, they send nasty emails--which you cannot reply to. they have eliminated all emails to them because everything goes thru resolution center. You have to sign a SOW (statement of work) after becoming certified for a client. The sow states what the pay, minimum hours required are, etc. If you agree, you sign it, and then can work. usually its a 6 month agreement. Just like a contract. However, they can change the sow anytime they want, and you can't do anything about it, except quit the client. Most training classes cost approximatly $200.00--which is non refundable. Also, they charge you 39.00 a month for the pleasure of putting up with their bs. If you are paid per talk min, you have no idea how much you are making, until you get paid. we have asked for a better system, but i don't think they will ever change.

They are very good at lying to agents about clients. Telling you the call volume will increase, and it doesn't. when I was in training for one of my last clients, they lost the contract, but never told us. they waited until the very end and sent us an email stating that the next day was the last day of that client. They know 90 days in advance when a client's contract is ending. and never told us. I do not believe anything those people say, because they have lied so much to us. It wasn't like that when it was Willow.

if you join, just beware!! if your schedule adherence falls below 90% --dropping hours--you will get nasty emails! If your internet goes down--sorry-not an acceptable excuse--so you will be penilized with your scheduel adherence rate. sorry, but things happen, and arise will not acceptt them! They will, and have fired agents for shedule aderhence policies. so just be aware!!
  8. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

I've been working at home through Arise since last fall. Last year ACP101 was free but I had to pay for the background check fee and also to incorporate my biz which I did myself through the state of Ohio for only $125. I made my investment back and more with my first paycheck. You also have to pay for client training and there's a bi-monthly maintenance fee that is taken out from your pay. However, because you are a corporation, everything is tax deductible and I feel it is all worth it.

Pay depends on the client you service. My first client was a seasonal opportunity during the holidays last year and I was making around $12 an hour. My 2nd client that I worked for 6 months, I made about $15 an hour when they paid me correctly. They were having some system issues but finally after a couple months, they paid me for all the mins they were missing from their data. After training on another client, I decided to drop that client.

Right now I'm only working part time with one of the best clients. I'll start training on another client Nov 9th because it is hard to get morning hours with my current client now. I make an average of $11-$12 of talk time and the client I'm working for now pays $5 bonus for each booking which is good because it brings my average per hour to $15-$20 per hour.

Arise have many different clients and everyone have different tastes. I've worked for a total of 3 clients so far and they are all different with different pay structures. I feel if you want to work full time or more with Arise only, you will need at least 2 clients.

Out of all the work at home job opportunities, even the one's I listed on my website, I feel ARISE is the BEST business opportunity to own and run a call center from the comfort of your home!

-Sue
  9. khandi

khandi New Member

Hello,

First of all, I want to say congratulations! I am preparing to take the ACP101 course. I just wanted a little feedback, on the course, and how do I go about getting everything set up. Do I get incorporated first? How do I go about that? How do you like working through Arise? Is the pay good? I know you get to choose your own scheduling. What about the clients? If you could provide me with information about your experience with this opportunity, it would be helpful. Thank-You so much.
  10. khandi

khandi New Member

Hello!

I just passed the ACP101 course, and I am into the Incorporation part of the process. I was hoping if you could give me a few tips on getting incorporated. What is the difference from a S or C corporation, and LLC? Which one should I chose? I don't plan to have anyone working under me. I am new to working at home, and I came across your message that was posted. I would really appreciate any information. You could also email me personally at [email protected][​IMG]
  11. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I only want to work from 4PM until like 8 or 9PM can I make any money at this? I have a full time job now but don't know for how long.
  12. aqueminilove

aqueminilove New Member

The difference between an S and a C. Essentially everyone starts off as a C corporation, you have the option of changing your corporation to a S Corporation, which is a corporation that makes a valid election to be taxed under Subchapter S of Chapter 1 of the Internal Revenue Code. Its all about taxes, as an S Corporation, you do not pay income taxes.[​IMG]

If you go to the IRS.gov site, you can find more information on it and they have the form to do the change, all you have to do is fax it in and wait for their determination. Instead, the corporation's income or losses are divided among and passed through to its shareholders. The shareholders must then report the income or loss on their own individual income tax returns.
  13. AGENTJG

AGENTJG New Member

Hi all.

I'm new and getting ready to take the ACP101 course but there is a $99 fee for this. Is this correct? In a previous post I heard maybe $39 bucks but a hundred - WOW! This is after my $26 background check that I already paid and passed. I'm also reading that once I pass the ACP101 course that I have to pay for client training that could cost anywhere from $100-$300 as well as incorporating a business which runs around $150. This could very well cost me over $700 just to get started. My concern is if I do this, will I be getting assignments or is this just a way to get my money?

Anyone know how long after you complete all of this you actually start working? Any info or suggestions would be extremley grateful.

Thanks in advance...

AGENTJG
  14. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Yikes, this all sounds like a lil too much 'work' to me... [​IMG]

Good luck to anyone actually doing this... [​IMG]
  15. mphollins

mphollins New Member

What clients have you worked for I am looking for a better client?
  16. JRUDNICK

JRUDNICK New Member

I have gone through the application process, the background check, the tests and the incorporations and have passed all and now I am sitting waiting for work. The first company that came on was Carnival and I didn't jump on it, it was taken within a few hours. Today, Encore Marketing International came up and I have done some research on them and it appears that they may be a scam company. Can anyone tell me, is this normal for Arise? Will there be anymore legitimate companys to choose from? I have spent all this money and I am hoping for a legitimate company to work for, not a scam. I'm getting a little discouraged, I have been waiting about a month.
  17. BilltheCatACK

BilltheCatACK New Member

I feel your pain I have been waiting for about a month as well
    As for the Encore opportunity, Well you didnt miss anything. I logged in at 2 min after the signup and the classes were already full.
    this seems to be the norm for the last 5-6 months, only a few opportunities, and those are filled seconds after they become available.
    Its obvious that they recently enrolled far more vsc's than they have clients for.
  18. josephjd

josephjd New Member

I am thinking of working with Arise as well. I just paid for the background check and know it is asking me to take acp 101 test which will cost $100.00 and from what I understand need an 85 in order to pass.
    If I decide to take this next step, do you know if I be able to begin work at that point after I pass this test, or will they ask for more money again. So far I seen alot say this is a scam and doesn't work, they tried to get calls but missd the time's to sign in to get these calls.
    I was wondering if you could help me in this matter, I am eager to start working but not if is here to grab all my money and left drowing in yet another scam or hoack.
  19. allgoodwmickey

allgoodwmickey New Member

I also work for arise and LOVE being able to work from home. I have been working for them for 2 yrs now and can make -depending on how much i want to work- anywhere from $800 - $2200 a month. I admit i was hesitant as you are with all the initial startup costs but I knew a friend of a friend that had worked for them for a few years and loved it so I gave it a shot. You have to be somewhat flexible w/ your hrs. I always try to make myself available for when hrs are released because they best or most desired hrs (usually while kids are at school) go first. There are ways with each client to earn the ability to post for your hrs a day early (called pre-select) but it is not necessary. I have missed posting before and periodically checked back and saw things open back up. Agents tend to take hrs frantically and then they release them at a later time.. sometimes just minutes before the next shift. I would definitely recommend Arise to anyone looking for a good at home job! If I am stuck on a call that goes past closing or am thinking how bad whatever the issue of the moment is... I have to remind myself that I am lucky - I am working at home (most times in my pj's) - and i really can't complain!! [​IMG]
  20. clawunf

clawunf New Member

Well I was hesitant just like many of you to spend my hard earned cash on what I believed to be a scam, however I have paid already for my background check, my ACP test which I passed on the 1st try, and I just incorporated through Texas which was $500. I went with the LLC option and just awaiting now through my state to get filed and then I can incorporate. Now I have been reading that many people believe this is a scam, but I have done my fair share of reading on the internet to whether this is a scam or not. I do not believe so, as Arise has already been established for a couple of years now, since 1996 I believe. I will post once I actually start working and let everyone know how it goes. Sometimes you have to take a risk!