Article marketing doesn't work??

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by larslarson123, Jan 20, 2009.

1. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about email listbuilding lately, and many people are saying that article marketing is not longer effective.

Are opt-in email lists really as exciting as they're made out to be?
    Not sure if I'm willing to subscribe to the idea that articles are dead.....

What are some techniques and programs you guys use for emails?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

larslarson123: and many people are saying that article marketing is not longer effective.

Wonder who is saying that? It is one of the most effective and long term methods that I know of - am I behind times here??

3. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi larslarson123,

I don't know a lot about opt out email listings but I am interested to know if you some resources about the decline of article marketing?

Thanks!

4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I agree Article marketing is still working. I am still using it.

It is not as fast as PPC. But it is a good long term internet marketing to be used.

5. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

Article marketing and PPC are in constant flux as the 2 most popular marketing techniques. Both are effective, but they are for 2 different purposes.

Article marketing seldom brings in a lot of money quickly. It takes skill to write good articles, consistency in writing and submitting, and time (like months) to really build up your results. That last one is why so many people say it doesn't work. They want overnight results with no work and article marketing isn't designed for that. On the other hand, a good article marketing program does a lot of good things long-term. First, you get immediate traffic from people reading the articles and clicking through to your site. Second, you get backlinks that help your site rank higher, meaning you get a better shot at the search traffic.

As for list building, yeah, that's always been something people endorse. "The money's in the list." is right up there with "Content is king." as a favorite vague saying to help people make money.

I'm not sure how you got the impression that list building and article marketing are mutually exclusive, though. I've known people who used article marketing exclusively to build their lists...

6. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Article marketing does work you just have to be consistent and in time your writing will improve and you will start to build upon them as an expert in your field. And if you are really good at copy writing and building your landing page you will convert. You also get backlinks as a bonus which can help with big G.
    Sonni

7. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

Article marketing does work, no question. Another great method that search engines actually recognize higher than articles is video. The only thing that ranks higher is an rss feed(podcast) Check is out and expand your quiver!

happy hunting

8. maryann2657

maryann2657 Guest

Make $200 Per Day!

Make $200 before the sun
    goes down tomorrow or I
    will give you $200.

Get Your Free Marketing System Here

[Link removed. I'm keeping this post [​IMG] - Admin]

9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Lars,

As Mountain, MyOwnBoss, and Sonni have stated, article marketing works nicely provided the author is skilled at writing.

I agree with MyOwnBoss when states that those who say it doesn't work are the ones who don't put in enough time and effort. They may also be poor writers.

List building can be powerful if you are offering value to your list as you would with any writing or offer.

With everything we hear or do, there will always be naysayers. Take it with a grain of salt. Seeing is believing. If you feel something might work, put it to the test and see for yourself. If it works, who cares what others say?

~Newbie Shield~

10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

maryann2657: Make $200 before the sun
    goes down tomorrow or I
    will give you $200.

Get Your Free Marketing System Here

Newbie Shield: Take it with a grain of salt

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

couldn't resist.[​IMG]

13. Newbie Shield

Hey! That was out of context! [​IMG]

lol@Mountain [​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

14. dans

dans New Member

I agree, using video with your articles is a fantastic idea. It doesn't take a lot of effort to turn the articles you write into video's and podcasts, then you you can submit to all the video and podcast directories out there.

Definately helps to build a lot of links back to your website.

15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Haha ive been away from this forum for a while but it is nice to comeback to some humour [​IMG]

I am all for article marketing, it has worked for me in the past, at present and i am sure in the future to.

16. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Article marketing is a proven strategy for creating free quality traffic to your website. And I would say that one doesn't have to be a skilled writer to succeed at it. However, you can't write constantly in a manner that involves self promotion. You can of course write about whatever your website is about, but you can also write about related things and in your authors resource box have comments and links directed to your site you want to have people go to.

If one is so challenged with writing articles themselves then there are many sources for a small fee to have others do it for you. But an any case to drive traffic to your website for free, one should strongly consider engaging in article marketing.

www.ezinearticles.com and www.goarticles.com are some of the better known ones to submit your articles too.

Know that writing one article is probably not going to be a magic trick, but repeated articles can benefit you website link and ranks in the search engines.

Lastly, if you are struggling with writing articles yourself, just pick a couple of articles that already exist on related to your topic and use those as a reference point to write your own. Don't engage in plagiarism, but you can rewrite and put your own spin on it. That is one of the easiest ways to get started writing articles. www.dupefreepro.com has a free software version that allows you to place articles sides beside for comparison. It's a cool source for rewriting articles.

So get started with you article marketing, it works.
    You can get a free article writing tips ebook for beginners on the blog link below.

17. s12345

s12345 New Member

hey there i think article marketing is effective if you:

1.optimizise your ads through keyword density etc

2.build links to your article for exposure

3.Get an article submitter

Hope that helps [​IMG]

18. mirab

mirab Member

I wrote a few articles back in 2006 and have been getting hits to my website from those few measly articles I wrote years ago.

19. Newbie Shield

Write an article if it's news-worthy else don't bother. Just put yourself in the shoes of the reader to know what I say is true. Is your article of value? Is it exciting, interesting, informative, and/or inspirational? See what I mean?

~Newbie Shield~

20. srama3

srama3 New Member

article marketing still works. The problem is people are becoming slack and not using it effectively. If you think about it, that leaves a wind open space for you to come and take control of your niche![​IMG]