Article marketing still works!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by mbasa, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mbasa Member

I am very excited right now! To cut my long story short, i have decided to bite the bullet and stick to article marketing as I have wasted a lot of time and money on programs that promise riches without doing any work. This is how it has gone so far:

1. I only started this week.
    2. I have done 4 articles so far (snail's pace- one article a day)
    3. One of my articles is already on first page of google and bing.

I am making use of articlesbase at the moment. I do have an ezinearticles account but have found that having to wait the whole week before my articles are featured is a bit demoralising. I understand that they are perceived to be the best, so i will re-write my articles and post to ezinearticles as well.

My advice out there to struggling new internet marketers: stop wasting your time as start doing article marketing.
  2. SovereignWealth New Member

Article marketing will always work as long as you provide good content with the reader in mind when you write it.

Here's a tip to greatly increase traffic from your article marketing efforts.

Open up Powerpoint or your favorite slideshow software and break up your article in to slides. Then turn that slideshow into a video and upload it to youtube.

Once you get it, it is quick to do and you could see alot more traffic to your site.

To your success,

-Mike
  3. Jose Roman New Member

SovereignWealth

Nice tip. Especially works if your not fond of being in front of the camera. It's quite effective.
  4. mbasa Member

I am still struggling though with ezinearticles. It's been over seven days now and my one article is still pending.
  5. talfighel Silver Member

Zimkhitha,

I think that in order to do well in article marketing in any given niche, I would suggest that you write as many articles as possible and do this on a consistent basis.

Make sure that you write good articles that have great content. remember, you have real people reading it.

Tal
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

To add to what you are doing, posting to your own blog would be a good ideal also. You can link back to yourli

The ideal with online marketing is to create a web presence to be found in your category or niche as much as possible by those that have an interest.
  7. robinincarolina Silver Member

Yes article marketing works, but to see money coming in, it takes a lot of work. A lot of articles. I have used article marketing as my primary source for almost 2 years. It took that long pretty much to support myself and my small family. It takes persistence, patience, and you have to stick with it.

Once you are established as an expert in your niche, other doors start opening. I was offered a non paying position as a mentor on a popular forum in my niche, to a moderator, to now the proud new owner of a forum of my own, which will evolve into a dynamic site.

Never when I started article marketing did I envision what is unfolding now. Don't give up, keep your vision focused, but also keep it open to new possibilities.

Through article marketing I learned a lot of what is now needed to grow my site and drive traffic. It's been quite an exciting journey.

Don't give up, don't stop.
  8. katereber New Member

robinincarolina: Don't give up, don't stop.
    Good advice robinincarolina, after all the efforts you have done (mbasa), keep on working on it.. Believe in yourself and think positive.. Goodluck to you.

Have a nice day!! [IMG]
  9. gowriter Member

Jeff Herring offers some great tips about article marketing on his Ezine Article's Page. They're free. Check them out here.
  10. mreese601 Member

Yes article marketing will always work! The thing is you have to have great content that people will want to pass around! But the key to article marketing is doing it everyday! Focus on building a list. The you will have prospects that you can market too over and over again too!
  11. Blazing New Member

Ezine articles is not worth the wait. SInce the Panda its traffic has decreased and it back links are much less powerful. I am sure their PR will drop at the next review.

However, article marketing is a great way to get traffic and backlinks. ArticleDashboard, GoArticles, Article Snatch, etc.

Remember Friends Don't Let Friends Publish Spun Gibberish.
  12. bakana25 New Member

Article marketing is still very good. It should be part of a structured SEO effort.
  13. mogulmedia New Member

Good effort, I hope it pays as well for you as it used to!
  14. shuvo Member

I also decrease my efforts for article marketing after panda update but yet I believe its one of the finest method of building traffic and backlinks.
  15. printisnotdead New Member

Article marketing is really a long term solution, and that's why it's not a surprise that it "still works" as is said here. The trick is in writing the right articles and in being skillful enough with your SEO to get your content out to as many people as possible in a short amount of time.
  16. Mavrhiley New Member

I fiund article writing rather painful to start. Didn't really get the hang of it until someone showed me the way to write the articles to get people to flow to your site. Works great now. I now concentrate my SEO on my articles.
  17. sunnyblue New Member

No doubt about it, it still works if you submit quality and fresh articles to only top article directories.
  18. Tess_T New Member

It sounds as though most of you have a misconception about article marketing. Of course it's obvious to everyone now that submitting your articles to directories isn't nearly as effective as it once was, but it is a good idea to get your article syndicated. Which brings me to my point:

Article marketing is the process of having your articles picked up by other webmasters, not submitting articles to directories for backlinks or to get traffic directly from your own article placed on Ezine Articles! Think about it this way:

Why would you want an article YOU wrote to rank higher on Ezine Articles than on your own website? That's right - you should be placing every article you write on your own website first, then submitting to article directories only AFTER your article (on your own site) is indexed. This helps you build your own real estate, rather than that of the article directories.

Additionally, many people misunderstand what submitting articles to directories will do for them. While a site such as Ezine Articles may have a page rank 5 or 6, this does NOT mean that you are getting a PR5 or PR6 backlink to your website! The page on Ezine Articles that your article will be displayed on is a PR0 - ZERO!! plain and simple.

Submit your articles to directories so others will pick them for syndication on their own sites, but not before you place them on your own site for indexing.

That's it for this rant, I'm done[IMG]
  19. everythingsimpl New Member

Well put.
  20. sunnyblue New Member

If you research keywords and then write articles it would be effective and can get visitors from search engines.