Article Marketing : Unique content vs Duplicate

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Justine, Nov 17, 2010.

1. JohnRobertson

JohnRobertson New Member

Hello,

One of the big problems with posting the same content to multiple directories or websites is that when the search engines index each site, most of those duplicates get ignored - they won't appear in the search rankings at all, and often won't pass any favorable link juice back to your main site either.

Rather than submitting the same article to multiple sites, i prefer to repackage the article and submit to other sites in different formats.

My main article might be on my blog, a very similar one on EzineArticles, a rewritten version on HubPages, a pdf on somewhere like Scribd (and yes the contents of the document are crawled and indexed, and the links do count), you can even type up the main points as a powerpoint presentation and share that, turn the ppt into a video and share that on as many video sites as you like - there is no duplicate content for videos...

It doesn't take a lot to save a document into a new format and share it - backlinks form each, new audiences from each, and with good keyword research you can get a lot of love from that one single article you wrote.

At least thats how i am doing my article marketing [​IMG]

Cheers
    John

2. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

At the moment dup content doesn't seem to matter too much, but with Mr G changing algorithms all the time I reckon that it is only a matter of time before crappy dup content starts to be discarded.
    (We've all seen examples of spun articles that make no-sense whatsoever![​IMG] )

At the moment it is more about keeping the variety of links coming into your site, that's where your diff formats, diff Web 2.0 properties, bookmarking, article directories and blogs all play a part, so that if Google does clamp down on one, you still get link love from elsewhere.

And remember.... according to Google it's all about the end reader, not how many links we have links, so think quality, quality, quality.....

3. loganquinn

loganquinn New Member

Here's another "spin" on this we've been doing recently that works very well.

First, we write about 10 high quality, absolutely unique (not spun) articles about our niche. We post these articles to the top directories (Ezine, GoArticles etc).

We then use spun articles (30-50% uniqueness) which we submit to the lower quality directories to link back to our articles. We're more than happy to build 1000's of links since articles on Ezine can often get that amount of links naturally in days anyway.

Then obviously in our quality articles we link to our money sites.

Hands down, this is the most effective method I've come across yet for getting top, sustainable ranks QUICKLY. (And I haven't met too many people who are doing the same thing.)

-Logan

4. PassiveMike

PassiveMike New Member

So many opinions.

So if I have an article in EzineArticles.com, should I post the exact same article on my blog?

Or does that penalize me for duplicate content?

Very intriguing subject here.

5. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Without a doubt, you need to post unique articles every time.

Especially if you want top article directories like ezinearticles.com or articledashboard.com to accept them.

Not only that though, google loves to index new fresh content, and with your article being totally unique, you are bound to receive a higher search engine position for your article submission.

If your not a writer though, then you could try your hand at rewriting articles, but again they have to be at least 90% unique to be accepted.

Your best bet probably would be to buy an ebook on article marketing from somewhere and follow the steps given.

6. Ron S

Ron S New Member

Google has launched an Algorithm Change on Feb2011 to reduce rankings for low-quality sites ??“ sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. It will provide better rankings for high-quality sites ??“ sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on.

7. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Yes google is really cracking down now, and soon it will be so much harder for the average internet user to achieve success online.

It's pretty hard now as it is, so as stated above, when creating websites/blogs, always add unique content where possible, and google will thank you kindly for it with a high search engine position and a good ranking.

8. jamess

jamess Member

I would not suggest anyone to spun articles to use because these articles are not quality content. And Search Engine are getting smart day by day. So it wont go long..

9. whitney black

whitney black Member

Unique is always the best way to go, but if you're submitting articles in bulk to multiple sites at once you cant' really worry about uniqueness.