Article marketing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by larochelle, Mar 6, 2011.

1. minsardi New Member

englishexile: I am having issues with Ezine.
    I write a completely unique review of a product and it gets declined because I am mentioning the name of the product in the body of the article.
    How are you supposed to review a product without mentioning it's name...?

if you having trouble submitting articles create a blog with your content and have links too your blog and then you can get your content out their.

you can even use blogger from google. with quality content on a consistent basis you can even have a free account ranked high on google.

dream big, start small
  2. frankienov Guest

I am a big fan of article marketing. Its free traffic that gets you high listings in google. Its great exposure for your website
  3. anthony2313 New Member

taz87: I hear the even rewritten material will be looked down upon, let me rephrase: ezine articles will delete your article if it doesn't add any new information to the articles that already exist. how will they systematize this and carry it out i don't know,just something i heard!
    IF your conent is not 100% original then you will not get published or your articles will be deleted.
    taz87

Taz

I always rewrite the article and make it at least 70% and never had a problem ezine article when dealing with duplicate content.
  4. iwmichael Guest

larochelle: Article marketing seems to be having a rough time right now with Googles recent algorithm changes.

The general opinion seems to be that things are definately changing because of this and that copying plr is no longer a viable form of publishing an article.

Original material is what it is all about.

Of course on the internet things are changing all the time and keeping up is important.

So anyone got any opinions? Would be great with a little feedback
    This is getting misconstrued a lot. Article Marketing is just as effective today as it was in the past. The Farmer update targeted Content Farms and a few Websites that allow republication of their content got nailed.

There are going to be some changes at some Websites. I have yet to come across concrete statements from anyone at Google but they seem to be concerned with size and advertising. For example, if a Webpage has three paragraphs and three adsense ads, it's not a valid bit of content.

I personally can only speculate, like most people, but I suspect this is to combat RSS sites. RSS was intended for use in your browser or a reader. It allows a quick review of what's new at a Site without going to the site. However, there are numerous Article Directories being fed by feeds. Some of which generate an entire webpage for the title and summary of an article. In addition, they cloud their pages with advertising so it requires a compass for navigation.

Article Marketing is still highly effective. Websites packed with content, whom have noticed a drop in Search Traffic, are still atop of the serps for a lot of keywords. Where they got hit, in my opinion, is the very small articles where they still display three Adsense Ad Blocks.

Regardless, it does not discount the links contained on the pages that fell off the serps. It is not as though Google is avoiding those pages and outbound links it simply devalued the page itself for the keywords.

"Our recent update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites... people searching on Google typically don't want to see shallow or poorly written content, content that's copied from other websites, or information that are just not that useful."

??ā€¯Google,
    They made it clear, with Article Marketing, one should consider the quality of the entire community. There has been some statements implying Websites employing low-quality high-quantity, in regards to content, had site-wide devaluing.

In summary, the Article Directory you use for marketing has a community aspect just as this Forum. We cannot overlook the fact that Google never said this update is targeting Article Directories. Moreover, all Websites are effected by this Update, where public posting is permitted. Therefore, Directories that permit a lot of low quality content are ones that should be avoided. It won't hurt the Marketer's Website, but if the entire Directory/Forum/Blog is devalued due to the quantity of poor content, the whole community will loose recognition.

Source for much of my info:
    http://searchengineland.com/the-farmerpanda-update-new-information-from-google-and-the-latest- from-smx-west-67574
  5. taz87 New Member

They are bringing in smarter bots anthony2313 thats the rumor anyway...nothing confirmed as of yet!

Taz
  6. jhoecannon New Member

Don't give up on Ezine Articles. They have been at the top before... and with time, they will be back at the top.
  7. maxgrimnar New Member

These days, submitting the same article - especially if it is PLR content without being significantly rewritten - to multiple directories is generally not going to work. Google really wants to see original content. You can restate good advice in an article, but just do it in your own words. Google will love you then, at least that is what I have found.

A new directory I have been using that I like a lot is streetarticles.com.
  8. natorob New Member

Article marketing gets a bad rap; even with the recent Google algorithm changes.

What it boils down to is creating unique, interesting content that people actually want read.

And what most people forget about is... you can repurpose your high-quality article once you've finished it.

You can be turned into...

A video that is uploaded to the video sharing sites
    A .pdf document that can be uploaded to document sharing sites
    A free report with your links liberally sprinkled throughout the report
    A MP3 that can be uploaded to audio sites

By creating one high-quality article with good content people want to read, you can multiply your back links and traffic by mutating that article into several different types of content.

In the Google algorithm, the main changes penalize duplicate content of the same type... and of course, the article actually has to provide value to your reader.

I'm still using article marketing; and I'm still seeing consistent results.