Article submission - Is it good?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by omrishabbat, Aug 9, 2010.

1. omrishabbat New Member

I recommend to send your article to not more than 5 article directories (the major ones). What do you think?
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree if you are submitting the same one. I like to use UAW - a unique spinner that will spin really nice articles and submits them to several hundred blogs and directories for you. [IMG]
  3. talfighel Silver Member

You should use a software that can do this for you. If you log into each and every article directory and submit your articles manually, this can take you a long time.

I am not too sure what's the name but I am sure that you will find it somewhere.

I think it is a good idea to submit your articles to as many directories as possible. More links linking to you from more websites is better, I guess.

Tal
  4. heyahey New Member

I think that the links strategy is long gone. I know it from my own experience, there are so many techniques Google and other search engines are changing and implementing everyday, so is most probably you will not receive any return for your efforts to submit your article to thousand directories, or trying to get links...

My opinion is that you must concentrate to give value to your website by updating it with lot of fresh and unique content.

By doing that, people will keep coming to your website over and over again.

You have no idea how much you can get in return.

Keep in mind one thing, Google is following people and is not very much concerned about your website. So if your website is visited by real people, I assure you that Google will be your daily guest, without being necessary to invite him...Hope you get my point...
  5. JerickT New Member

Unique and quality content of the article is the key in article submission.. Your website must be visited by real people so the content is really important and not the number of submission.
  6. newaaff New Member

I didn't understand what you are trying to say. If you mean that one should not submit same article to article directories, you are right. This would be duplication of the content.
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

heyahey: Keep in mind one thing, Google is following people and is not very much concerned about your website. So if your website is visited by real people, I assure you that Google will be your daily guest, without being necessary to invite him...Hope you get my point...
    well written and I do agree. Although I still think article marketing is the way to get your site out there in the beginning stages...
  8. Cesar Fasano New Member

Article Marketing is NOT dead...

I've never used any kind of software with my articles and I've managed to attract targeted people into my sales funnel.

As always, it all comes down to how much value you are giving away in your articles...Here's where I failed at first...And I'm pretty sure that many out there are experiencing the same thing.

In my opinion, you can focus in 5 or 10 main directories. I personally love ArticlesBase.com for SEO purposes but others like:

- EzineArticles.com
    - GoArticles.com
    - Amazines.com
    - Buzzle.com

can give you pretty decent traffic...

If you want your articles to be highly ranked in the main search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) there's important to understand elements like Keyword Research, Using These Keywords In Your Content Wisely and Building Backlinks to your articles. (A great way to do this is bookmarking them in places like digg or stumbleupon)

Good Luck!

Cesar
  9. gjohansson1 New Member

I use Free Traffic System fairly often because you can spin articles and submit to 30 blogs for free. In terms of submitting multiple copies of the same article, don't submit a duplicate to EzineArticles.

I still get decent traffic from duplicates on other sources however. The other directories are not as picky, but I still would recommend an article spinning software.
  10. fdo528 New Member

Article writing is one of the best source for traffic and its FREE. Submit to Ezine Articles and you will get lots of traffic to your site. It will also gives you backlinks to your site and increase your ranking at Google.
  11. MayaLocke New Member

Yes syndicating articles will result in backlinks to your website. Its a good technique for building backlinks.
  12. j11_cook New Member

The more original and unique content that you have out there, the more exposure you are going to get. I use Article Spinners and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has saved me a great deal of time, and I get more traffic to my sites due to having more articles out.
  13. MartinJames New Member

Article submission still one of the most effective techniques in SEO. Good content still important. I think same article can submit to different directories but not more then 10 directories.
  14. andyveer New Member

I think you should submit to good sem rush rank and page rank directories and also submit spinned or rewrite article not original one.
    Regards
  15. newbiz02 New Member

At this point in my IM career, i pretty much focus only on ezinearticles. I dont have time to waste on the other ones. Goarticles has dropped in page rank and is not as good as it once was.

Articlesbase is getting better, but doesnt have as much traffic as ezine.

For me, i simply use software to blast articles to those 800 less reputable directories and i dont really care if they are accepted or not. At least 500 of them will be accepted. [IMG]

I use them merely for backlinks to push my money site because that is all they are good for. lol
  16. Tess_T New Member

heyahey: I think that the links strategy is long gone. I know it from my own experience, there are so many techniques Google and other search engines are changing and implementing everyday, so is most probably you will not receive any return for your efforts to submit your article to thousand directories, or trying to get links...
    Building quality incoming links to your site is CRUCIAL for seo! While you are right in saying that you need to offer fresh, useful content on your site, good backlinks are one of the aspects of effective SEO - especially with Google!

Submitting quality articles to several of the top ranked article directories is effective for SEO purposes - I have been doing this for 3 years now with great success. Just MHO[IMG]
  17. wrlawrence New Member

Thanks for all the post. I have used only e-zine articles and had great results with traffic and link to my sites. I quess I need to ramp things up.
  18. lymand New Member

I think it???‚¬?„?s a combination of both adding backlinks and adding good content. Article marketing seems to be the quickest and most effective way to get backlinks.
  19. Mazzini Auto New Member

in my opinion most of the article spinners are junk that don't produce articles that can be read.
  20. shannonpaul2 New Member

Article submission is very effective way of promotion and with certain directories you can directly deep links to your site the submitted article itself.