Article submission?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by bayaba, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bayaba

bayaba New Member

Is there a place to place them or do you think you will make a separate room for that?
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry there'll not be any room for article submissions as I want to keep this forum a forum itself. I'm sorry that's the reason I had to remove your article.
  3. bayaba

bayaba New Member

Understandable the reason I ask because when i read some post they basically sound like articles. But i respect your decision thanks for the reply
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Quoting: bayababecause when i read some post they basically sound like articles.

I'm not against posts that sound like articles but am averse to posts that are articles. I mean basically posts with article like templates: title-author-body-resource box. Another reason I discourage articles is because I want to keep the content on this forum unique. Most often when users post articles, they have also been posted somewhere else.
  5. KirkhamsEbooks

KirkhamsEbooks New Member

This brings up a question from a newbie

Some forums are very strict on this so I'm trying to stay out of trouble

Say someone has a question and I just finished writing an article on that on my site. Is there some way I can direct that person who asked the question to the article without breaking any rules

Or can I copy the article and post it here as long as I'm the author? I understand about not wanting ArticleEzine.com articles published etc..

Rick
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Quoting: KirkhamsEbooksIs there some way I can direct that person who asked the question to the article without breaking any rules

Or can I copy the article and post it here as long as I'm the author? I understand about not wanting ArticleEzine.com articles published etc..

Hi Rick,

Yes this forum does not permit you to post articles that has been posted elsewhere. As self-serving links are also not allowed, you may not post the link to the article. You can however:

1) Send a PM (private message) to the person regarding the article.
    2) Post a summary of the article in this forum or rewrite and post the article to make it appear unique.
  7. KirkhamsEbooks

I know this is all due to spammers

But here's what drives me nuts and I'm not picking on just this forum or trying to get personal.

When I write an article or make a free book, it's usually because I've seen it as a solution to a problem which I've seen several times in forums or groups. In other words the article or free book was made because of a common problem.

Now, because of these !@#$ spammers who see value in just dropping an ad and running, I can't share the work I've done in some forums because it's my work. I can send people to some other site, but why should I? If I wrote the article or book I obviously think it's better or offers a different solution than JoeBlow.com's article or book

Do you have any idea how an exteacher feels having his hands tied like that?

Again, not personal, just an observation that whether we want to believe it or not, due to policies, spammers are running things and hindering the help that those of us who see value in networking wish to offer

Rick
  8. Vishal P. Rao

Hi Rick,

This has nothing to do with spammers. The reason some forums and sites have this policy is because they do not want any duplicate content on their sites.

Search engines hate sites having exact same content and even penalize sites that have large amount of duplicate content. Therefore, we have to enforce strict rules to prevent users from posting articles and content that has been posted elsewhere. Hence I had mentioned you to either post a summary of the article of rewrite it.
  9. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

Quoting: KirkhamsEbooks
    I know this is all due to spammers

But here's what drives me nuts and I'm not picking on just this forum or trying to get personal.

When I write an article or make a free book, it's usually because I've seen it as a solution to a problem which I've seen several times in forums or groups. In other words the article or free book was made because of a common problem.

Now, because of these !@#$ spammers who see value in just dropping an ad and running, I can't share the work I've done in some forums because it's my work. I can send people to some other site, but why should I? If I wrote the article or book I obviously think it's better or offers a different solution than JoeBlow.com's article or book

Do you have any idea how an exteacher feels having his hands tied like that?

Again, not personal, just an observation that whether we want to believe it or not, due to policies, spammers are running things and hindering the help that those of us who see value in networking wish to offer

Rick

Hi Rick,

Use the sig file to promote your e-books and articles. Vishal allows us 255 characters, including a link, in our signatures. Some forums don't allow anything! Really, you can do a lot with a sig file, particularly it it has:

* A headline that grabs the reader's attention
    * Copy that further intrigues
    * A call to action that takes the visitor to
    * A lead capture page

I hope this helps,

Mark
  10. KirkhamsEbooks

Thanks that helps some

I think I see a new article forming

Rick
  11. KirkhamsEbooks

Quoting: Vishal P. RaoTherefore, we have to enforce strict rules to prevent users from posting articles and content that has been posted elsewhere. Hence I had mentioned you to either post a summary of the article of rewrite it.

Thank you, but I'll have to post a link to the compete article then so they can read the whole thing right?

Rick
  12. Vishal P. Rao

Quoting: KirkhamsEbooksThank you, but I'll have to post a link to the compete article then so they can read the whole thing right?

Usually that wouldn't be allowed as it's against forum terms but I can allow that in some cases [​IMG]