Article writing tips?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AMcCoy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

For me the toughest part of churning out lots of content isn't the research and writing, it's deciding what to write about. Here's what I do when I need to generate a lot of content:

Say I'm writing blog posts about flea collars for dogs

I'll open a text file and just copy random facts into it from researching flea collars.

For example:
    I find that most collars are made with a combination of the chemicals: 2-isopropoxyphenyl N-methyl carbamate, 3-(1-methylbutyl) phenyl N-methyl carbamate, I-napthyl N-isopropyl carbamate,

and some are made with: 2-chloro-1(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl) vinyl dimethyl phosphate

Now from that factiod alone, I can write articles on whether the first type is safe, whether the second is safe, whether one type is more effective, and whether there are alternatives to the 2 main types - 4 potentially informative articles from one little fact! During your research, you discover that 2 of the chemicals have been shown to cause allergic reactions - that's 2 more!

You just fill your text file with a lot of facts like this, then expand on the facts in terms of how they affect your would-be customers.

If it's not a niche you're intimately familiar with, the first few will be really slow because you'll have to to a lot of research. After that first few, you'll get into a groove and be writing them quickly, virtually off the top of your head.

Anyway, that's what I do if I need 50 pages of genuine, informative content. If you just need fluff, I guess I'd suggest paying someone a buck apiece to churn them out for you...
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

3. jamess

jamess Member

Article Marketing is very important thing after panda update...