ASD shut down

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by indysay, Aug 1, 2008.

1. indysay

indysay New Member

Help, do you have any idea what may happen to all of the money?
  2. utket

utket New Member

Wasn't Investigator threatening to file a complaint with the Attorney General? Maybe it was on another forum, but I seem to recall Investigator / GOG showing a copy of said complaint prior to filing.
  3. WhiteSox

WhiteSox New Member

I believe this will work out....BUT!! I wonder if the people who paid with a credit card at one of the rally's (Miami or Chicago) could do a chargeback since the service was never provided (advertising) with the site being down and never being able to surf or advertise. Anyone have any input? The people that paid with a cashiers check might not have any options. This is of course if ASD is found to be in violation and is shut down. Let's all hang in there and hope that Andy is the guy we all believed in and will prove his credibility and worthiness to have so many of us follow him and his reputation.
  4. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

WhiteSox: I wonder if the people who paid with a credit card at one of the rally's (Miami or Chicago) could do a chargeback since the service was never provided (advertising) with the site being down and never being able to surf or advertise. Anyone have any input?

I processed this same thought... that is going to depend on the bank that sponsors their credit card! One reason I love my AMEX is that they are very good at giving me credit when I've not received what I paid for! However, my Chase Visa was not so understanding when I chartered a sailboat that was so substandard it was downright life threatening - citing the dispute was not a billing issue. Needless to say, I rarely to never use their cards anymore!!!

Having said all of that... there is a clear statement in the ASD terms that you will not cancel payment on a credit card and that doing so will immediately terminate your membership. So, doing so prematurely would not be wise.

However, if ASD is shut down permanently, AND there was nothing forthcoming in giving people their money back through the company, I would pursue that angle in an attempt to recoup at least that portion of my ad purchases, as the site has not functioned properly since Miami's Rally, thus I have not received the advertising of my web site for which the purchase was made.

That's just my 2 cents on a topic of by far bigger personal value to me!

So for now... I'm waiting with a positive attitude, confident in Andy's integrity, that even if by some chance (and I don't believe it will come to it) that the whole business collapses, Andy will do the RIGHT THING in at least giving people their money back.