At the grocery store saving on meat.

Discussion in 'Frugal Living' started by Dbldiamond54, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Dbldiamond54

Dbldiamond54 New Member

Every grocery store reduces dated meat, but it is still good. You probably don't usually see the good stuff because it is picked over rather quickly. But what I do is hit the meat department on Sunday mornings when everyone is either sleeping off the brown bottle flu or headed to church. And head straight for the meat dept and also check the deli meat area sometimes they put it in them free standing freezers. Anyways I always check there first and then build my meals around what I scored on. I tend to find a lot of pork chops and roasts for at least half price. And always plan this and buy it all. With pork roasts its great because roasts are universal and can be made into chops, pulled pork etc.

2. weblogger

weblogger New Member

just adding to it while buying stuff like meat, tissues, towels etc its wise to buy in bulk to save money...

3. 88Style

88Style New Member

I like meat but sadly, I'm a horrible cook and I have no time to learn. This is a great tip though i'll share this to my sister in law. maybe i'll teach myself how to cook before I get a new girlfriend! [​IMG]

4. Merrick8

Merrick8 New Member

88Style: I like meat but sadly, I'm a horrible cook and I have no time to learn. This is a great tip though i'll share this to my sister in law. maybe i'll teach myself how to cook before I get a new girlfriend!
    get a crock pot and throw the roast in and let cook for a few hours/ over night and shred and mix with bbq sauce of choice. pulled pork atleast thats how i make it ha :p