ATTENTION! Save your computer before you lose everything!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JackDProvost, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JackDProvost New Member

Hey guys!
    Sorry for the harsh title but I have ran across this issue 2x in the past 2 years where I lost everything! Now I am protected and I love it! Not only is my computer running fast but my computer is protected as well..

Now what I created this post for was to help some of you save a headache and potential HUGE data loss!

Okay so step 1 is to get you a pretty good anit virus for free..
    What I use that works GREAT and it is free is MICRO SOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS

Next this step is the 2nd and the last!
    Now this is going to cost you but it is a one time fee and will not only repair almost every single problem your computer has but it is going to speed it up as well as protect it and place a secondary fire wall on your PC to protect from intruders.

Now the program is called SYSTEM SUITE 11 "PC Tune up and Repair"
    it costs $40 at your local wal mart and has an optional 2 year warranty on replacing the cd for an addiontal $3. It also comes with a 3 PC license so you can install it on all your home computers and laptops. It comes with more tools then I care to sit here and type! lol

Now these tools are ran at a one click basis! So there is no need to manually run all 60 tools.. it will do it for you.

Now I am not affiliated with these services or products at all! I am just sharing with you what I have found that works and works well!

STOP WASTING TIME WITH THOSE CRAPPY PROGRAMS..

Spend a little bit of money and do it right the first time.. Not a bad investment considering you are covered!

Anyways there you go! A $40 fix and you basically are covered period! Now imagine the money you save considering the techie's over at best buy tried to charge me $200 to fix my $290 computer.. well I say BEST INVESTMENT EVER!
  2. JackDProvost New Member

FORGOT TO ADD the software System Suit 11 comes with built in anti virus and anti malware but I keep Microsoft security essentials also because they do not conflict as well as I have had security essentials detect something that system suit did not [IMG]

EDIT!!!

Forgot to add one more thing! 90 day money back guarantee [IMG]

yes this is the best I have found for the price
  3. ericlenhard New Member

Usually I just save all my data to an external drive, so I will try it! [IMG] Thanks for sharing!
  4. JackDProvost New Member

yup no problem. An External drive is a good idea as well [IMG]
  5. I use Norton paid version and back up everything.

I have found in the past that if it is free, it doesn't do the same job as a paid version.
  6. Just2EZ Gold Member

Barb Thornback: I use Norton paid version and back up everything.

I have found in the past that if it is free, it doesn't do the same job as a paid version.
    Funny you should say that.
    As a tech I have fixed more Norton crashes than any other A/V.
    Free does not mean bad or less effective, such as AVG or Comodo.
    Norton has been a constant pain, and memory hog, that locks up machines.
    I shouldn't bad mouth them since I get paid to fix them a lot.

Back up is the #1 protection, multiple offsite copies if you can.
  7. JackDProvost New Member

I agree Norton is crap.. In fact I have had trouble removing some norton program that came pre installed on my computer.. Cant find the dang stuff to remove. Then when I did find some stuff to remove it would not be completely removed.
  8. Well, all I can say is I had AVG free version and twice lost everything.

I had Norton a few years ago and had problems but they have cleaned up their act and seem to be very proficient now.

Just2EZ
    Why are they free? Why have they got paid version?
  9. Just2EZ Gold Member

Barb Thornback: Why have they got paid version?
    For Commercial use, and for people who think paying makes it better.