Banking Joke And A True Story!

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Incorporatorpro, Apr 4, 2012.

1. This was told to me about twenty years ago by a guy who at that time was like a 3rd vice President in a small bank. He now owns his own bank and hasn't changed a bit.

OK, it goes that a frog went into a bank to borrow some money with a little toy car about the size to go into one of those printer's drawers that people hang on their walls and put little trinkets into the various slots and wanted to use this toy car as collateral for a loan..

The receptionist at the bank sends the frog to a loan officer whose name was Patty Mack.

Well, the frog makes his presentation, outlining his business plan and describing in golden terms the value of his collateral.

The loan officer hasn't the slightest idea how to handle this as she has never seen such a thing being offered up as collateral, much less being offered up by a frog, so she goes to see a vice President who says he will mull over the matter for a bit.

After a while the Vice President comes into Patty Mack's office where the frog is patiently waiting and sweating the whole thing.

Patty Mack asks how the trinket can be used as collateral to which the Vice President replies:

"It's a Knick-Knack, Patty Mack!

Give the frog a loan!"

True story. Saw the guy a few weeks back at a local watering hole and reminded him of it. He re-told the joke to everyone at the table to much uproar!

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

What's a Knick-Knack?

I did not get it.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

talfighel: What's a Knick-Knack?
    I did not get it.
    That's even funnier than the joke! [​IMG]

Well, Tal, a "knick-knack" is a term used to describe some form of decoration that people place around their home. It could be anything from a small porcelain figurine, a collectible item, or just about anything that is in reality useless clutter. I've got plenty of "knick knacks" myself, so I can say that without malice. [​IMG]

The joke probably doesn't make sense to you because you may not be familiar with an old nursery rhyme/song called "This Old Man" that kids are often taught as a fun song when they are young. Part of the song goes like this...

This old man, he played one,
    He played knick-knack on my thumb;
    With a knick-knack paddywhack,
    Give the dog a bone,
    This old man came rolling home.

This old man, he played two,
    He played knick-knack on my shoe;
    With a knick-knack paddywhack,
    Give the dog a bone,
    This old man came rolling home.

...And it goes on from there through various verses (and makes absolutely no sense, which is half the fun!).

Anyway, the "bankers" remarks were a play on the words in that song, which is why people who are familiar with the song/rhyme would recognize it right away and find it cute/funny.

Hope that clarifies the confusion for you and others who didn't have the joy of learning that old nonsense piece.

Blessings,
    Angie

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yeah, I still don't get it. [​IMG]

5. happywife

happywife Gold Member

[​IMG]

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for the laugh Tal. Next time it'll be me that doesn't get it. This struck my funny bone tonight and I needed a good giggle. [​IMG]