Beginning jitters....

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by CKC, Aug 13, 2014.

1. CKC

CKC New Member

What is the best way to handle the beginning jitters? :confused: When you are just before that final step and you're asking yourself questions like: Will this work? Will people want what I am offering? What if I have no customers? What if I have too many customers? I hope I am doing the right thing. Did I do everything that I needed to in preparation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)
    payment proof likes this.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Welcome to the forum.

The best advice I can give you is to ask the following questions:

How can I make this work?

If others are succeeding, what can I learn from them so that I succeed in their level?

What actions do I need to take if I want to succeed?

And also tell yourself daily:

I can succeed.

I will succeed.

I am a winner and I will do what ever it takes.

My dream is to ______________ and I will take massive action.
    Donnell Nixon, CKC and recruiter1 like this.
  3. recruiter1

recruiter1 New Member

Everyone starts somewhere, just do it and don't worry so much, you will learn by your mistakes and successes so after you start making a comfortable income you will be more confident to grow your business successfully for the long term.
    Good Luck...
    CKC likes this.
  4. CKC

CKC New Member

Thank you so much! :)
  5. CKC

CKC New Member

Thank you - like the "don't worry so much" part. :cool:
    Just2EZ and recruiter1 like this.
  6. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Beginning jitters is nature's way of getting you to double check and make sure you have covered all the bases (or at least the major ones) before you get started.

The best way to handle it is to recognize that the anxiety and nervousness that accompanies the jitters, are your friends. Their job is simply to help you tie up any lose ends so you can do your best and look good.

Hermas
    CKC likes this.
  7. Tony VP

Tony VP New Member

Ok. Beginner's Jitters.

Honestly, no matter how much you prepare, you will never feel totally ready.

Now, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do every single thing possible to ensure your success. It just means that once you are confident that you have done ALL you can do to prepare, you open the doors to your new business and you just go for it.

You will learn along the way. There will be plenty of mistakes to learn from, and that's okay. If you have a mentor, it would be great to open up the lines of communication with this person. Sometimes that can give you that extra boost you need.

The jitters will subside as you learn and find your way in your target market. It will be okay. You will be fine.
    CKC likes this.
  8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

You have to believe in yourself and be willing to take a chance. Starting something new is often scary and taking the first step is often the scariest.

Don't let fear of failure stop you!
    Just2EZ, Donnell Nixon and CKC like this.
  9. CKC

CKC New Member

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. Your words are awesome and make me feel a lot better. :cool:
  10. Donnell Nixon

Donnell Nixon New Member

Excellent

11. Donnell Nixon

Donnell Nixon New Member

I agree with that statement. Sometimes I found myself waiting way to long before I did anything trying to plan everything out perfectly. I learned you have to take action in order to know what works not think about it.
    payment proof and CKC like this.
  12. CKC

CKC New Member

Thank you for sharing what you learned with me. :)
  13. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I think waiting for something to be perfect can block your success. Had I waited for everything to be perfect, I would never have taken that first step and I would not be making any money. Just take action. Taking action is the first step.

Some of my biggest screw ups have been my greatest teachers! Don't be afraid to mess up. Be proud you took action.
    A8ch, CKC, Just2EZ and 1 other person like this.
  14. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I love the way you put this! Mistakes are not failures. They are learning experiences! :)
    CKC likes this.
  15. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Start slow. Start with things you are comfortable doing and then begin to add more. Every day just make it a goal to improve by 1% compared to the day before. Before you know it, you'll be flying along. Having too many customers is a great problem to have. I love and hate turning people away. I keep a list of good writers that I can refer potential clients to or send my overflow work on to because of that problem.

There's no such thing as "doing it right." What is right for one person may not be right for someone else. I am NOT a phone person, but I have no problem chatting through Skype. Others may not like it, but it works for me...so it's right for me.