Best Autoresponder Free

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by inter, Jun 6, 2006.

1. inter

inter New Member

I would like to add an autoresponder to my website. Anybody can help.
  2. netjobs

netjobs Member

3. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

Free autobot allows you to create any number of free auto responders.
  4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Quoting: arunkumarsuriFree autobot allows you to create any number of free auto responders.

Yes. But u need to create the autoreponders with different accounts name.

I used to use Free autobot. But in the end, i need to remember all the different autoreponders id and password.
  5. Marktech

Marktech Member

I've heard that paid autoresponders are so much better than the free ones that it's really not worth it to use the free ones. I really don't know. I have never used an autoresponder yet, but I know I need to.
  6. aplina

aplina New Member

l would not recommend free , try using Aweber
  7. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for hosting your own autoresponder? It seems somewhere I was reading something about a good free autoresponder script that you could just host and use yourself. For those of us that are into web development, maybe that would be an option.
  8. imakemoney

imakemoney New Member

Hi there,

I think getresponse.com is one of the best, and you can increase your business with unique, high quality email leads from them!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Patriot

Patriot New Member

Does your hosting service use CPanel, for the Administration panel?
    If so you should have an Auto-responder installed already. It is a basic one but it will work fine, and also should include a "mail merge" feature that will direct your list from any source. such as your hard drive.
    As far as hosting an Auto-responder, be careful most hosting companies don't allow this as they suck up too much bandwidth.

Adweber or Getrespones is a good alternative if you don,t have CPanel.
  10. mupegasus

mupegasus New Member

I used Free Autobot couple years ago for my business.
    You can post unlimited messages you want, just send them an email to ask for it!

Even though they are free stuff, but their service never too lousy!
  11. unselfishbuddy

unselfishbuddy New Member

I strongly recommend not to be cheap when it comes to an autoresponder. I've tried and used most the the free ones and I have to tell you that they were giving me headache. Now I'm using something that is super user friendly and highly effective in terms of deliverability. It certainly is worth every penny. You can go the the first website on my signature and at the bottom of the page, you should be able to take a test drive for free on this autoresponder.
  12. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I would never compromise your business with a free autoresponder.
    A Weber is by far the best, and only charges $19.95 per month.

You need to consider the future. If you build a decent list, and outgrow your free version, you will have to go to a professional paid service.
    You will lose many subscribers when they have to opt in again.
    There are other prominent reasons as well.

In the link below, you can check it out in the blog, or go to AWeber. com.

I hope this helps!
    Victoria
  13. Seth

Seth New Member

i do not recommend using "FREE" a/r

Here are my top picks

-Aweber
    -Get Response
    -iContact
  14. Meshmore

Meshmore New Member

I wasted my time looking for the free autoresponder solutions - and this really held me back from advancing.

So I would discourage anyone from even thinking about them.

Also avoid free trials

As everyone else has said; Go for the tried and tested

Getresponse.com and Aweber.com

They're very reliable and most seasoned marketers use them
  15. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Meshmore: Getresponse.com and Aweber.com

Yep, don't bother with anything else.

~Newbie Shield~
  16. tmv

tmv New Member

spend the money and get "get response"

Remember you get what you pay for![​IMG]
  17. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Vishal,

How is your software solution working out? Pros and cons?

~Newbie Shield~
  18. Claire

Claire New Member

The hosting company I use has a real easy site builder and I made opt in forms on my sites in like 2 minutes, but I have to handle sending out the emails myself. I know I could probably get an email service that has an autoresponder in it and maybe I even already have one.
    But if I get Aweber or anything like that, can't I transfer my mailing list or will they all have to opt in again?
    I did get the free version of GetResponse, but haven't tried it yet.
  19. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom New Member

With free versions you will only get 5 or so messages and there will be ads in the messages as well.It doesn??t make a good impression for you as a marketer. Invest in a proper auto responder solution (Aweber or Getresponse).Also, you often need to contact a person more than 7 times before they will act on your offer.
  20. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Newbie Shield: Vishal,

How is your software solution working out? Pros and cons?

~Newbie Shield~
    Apart from the sending feature, which I haven't used till now, the software seems to be working fine. I did some test mailings but the Personal edition is pretty slow in that. One can open a max connections of only 3. Therefore I had to shell out another $200 or so for the business edition through which you can open as many as 256 connections. Apart from the cost [​IMG], I'm pretty happy with the software. However, my requirements are different so it may not suit or please all.

Another thing that one has to look out while using PC based software is that you'll have to find a reliable and cheap SMTP server to send mails. Their default method of sending direct emails will be blocked by most email servers. So that's an additional expense to consider.