Best book on meditation?

Discussion in 'Meditation' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 16, 2007.

1. EricHat

EricHat New Member

BEING NOBODY GOING NOWHERE
    Meditations On The Buddhist Path
    By AYYA KHEMA

2. bobby

bobby New Member

patwin
    Hello Patricia,
    I came upon your entry about the meditation you practice...dhyana meditation. I have heard about it , but not practiced. Would you mind telling me in more detail how you do it, and what your experience of it has been like?
    Bob

3. likestowrite

likestowrite New Member

patwin
    Like Patricia I started meditating with the Maharishi's people. Over the years I have tried a lot of different methods but today am dedicated to a system of high tech meditation created by Master Charles Cannon of the Synchronicity Foundation. I meditate daily using CDs and a headset. The technology brings you to a consistent deep level of meditation each session.

There is a book called The Synchronicity Experience which explains the system and the supporting life style...

Bottom line though is to just do it and enjoy the experience which is life changing.

Celeste

4. LaughsHeal

LaughsHeal New Member

Hi all,

I am a Buddhist.

Meditation comes all above in finding path to real freedom ( Nirwana) according to the Buddishm.

But, the way is out there. Means, ultimate relief lies upon you. No one would be able to come and to carry there!

The books will do nothing for them.

laughs

5. Carolynkelly

Carolynkelly New Member

I recommend "8 Minute Meditation" by Victor N. Davich and "Wherever You Go, There You Are" by Jon Kabat-Zinn.

6. StephanieH

StephanieH New Member

I know yoga was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I highly recommend it as a complement and vehicle towards meditation. Many of us (I certainly include myself) have a hard time sitting still. Practicing yoga allows you to keep moving, but also teaches you to focus on what's happening internally in your body, your breath, and staying in the present moment. These practices all help to remove our attention from the "mind chatter". Many yoga classes include some breathwork and meditation which you can then expand in your personal practice.

I have practiced yoga off and on for 11 years and taught for 4. The more frequently I do yoga, the more connected, mindful, and peaceful I am in my daily life. Some of the classics like the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras by Patanjali offer good insight into meditation as well as yoga.

7. UltimateWingman

UltimateWingman New Member

I'll definitely check out those books! Thanks for the post!

I've been looking around to find some meditation books to read, I guess this will be a good start haha

8. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

For me it was Creative Visualization. It's not just about meditation, but it's really good.