best online marketing method

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FreeCashMan, Jun 6, 2011.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

There are so many ways to market online free and paid, and there are individuals that chose one over the other for various reason, but what would be the one and best online marketing method you would chose if you could only build and market your business with just one online marketing method.

I have had so much success and have averaged 3 or better personal referrals to my businesses monthly using forum marketing that I would have to chose it.

Forum commenting and marketing is great for some of the best free traffic and quality interested prospects. It has served me well for over 4 years. I would have to chose and recommend this to any and all currently or just getting started in marketing online. It is certainly amongst the best.

2. mbasa

mbasa Member

3. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

I agree with you both. Article marketing and forum marketing both have long lasting residual benefits. Something that a $2.00 click will never compete with Imo.

4. Freelanceken

Freelanceken New Member

For me, it would be article marketing. Quality content that is useful to my audience always results in revenue.

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Are you free lancing your article writing? If so what are you paying per article. Based on your name and site looks like you are into free lancing[​IMG]

6. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

A forum is part of my website. Yes the links I can put there far surpass any other form of marketing.

7. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

FreeCashMan - I do all my own article writing. I am a freelancer writer. However, I no longer take on private clients, as I make more writing for my own Amazon sites and OWM campaigns. The site is all about helping fellow web content writers make their way.

As far as what you should pay for articles, that all depends. Most marketers go for the cheapest price which often results in cheap copy. While that might give some short-term benefits, you will have to keep purchasing cheap content over and over again.

Quality content that is useful and informational to your audience, will cost a bit more per article. Readers don't want to see the same thing, rehashed 1000 times. Those types of articles will run $20 on up but the ROI is well worth it.

I look at it like this: There are 100 sites competing on the same product. Each site has the same content or variations. So its a crap shoot who gets the sale. On the other hand, 99 have the same content while just 1 has something unique, fresh and informative. Who do you think is going to get the sale?

Article writing and article marketing can be extremely lucrative. Just a matter of putting in the work or shelling out the bucks.

8. priceworthy

priceworthy New Member

Article marketing is a very good way
    But as stated .. you must micro target with your wording
    [​IMG]

9. amberjones1986

amberjones1986 New Member

I am quickly falling in love with forum marketing. It have met some great people that way... not to mention get traffic to sites and recruits.

It always helps to check out valuable information as well.

10. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Learn SEO and apply it to everything you do whether it is article marketing, blogging, video marketing, forum marketing, blog commenting etc.

Nothing beats long term traffic from a search engine for a targeted keyword phrase.

11. Multimastery

Multimastery New Member

jschuman: Learn SEO and apply it to everything you do whether it is article marketing, blogging, video marketing, forum marketing, blog commenting etc.
    Agreed. It may take a bit more time to do on the front end, but once done effectively, it can reap residual results. Beats paying for clicks that will run out when the money stops...unless you have deep pockets and can afford to play that game it's very risky and short-lived.

12. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I've been trying blog commenting and it has been a bit exauhsting lol

13. toddjir

toddjir New Member

Very true, when I started applying SEO to everything I did, the traffic increased 10 fold. It was like a nice little rasie for hard work done.

14. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

This is a great thread! If i had a choice between article marketing and forum marketing, i think i would go with forum marketing. With forums you get feedback/interaction. I feel that makes it more closer to being personal.

15. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I find that forums are a great resource for researching your niche, promoting a launch, some value on marketing and backlinks etc.. Article marketing / general SEO / blogging / proper link wheels etc.. provide longevity to your traffic that in my opinion far exceed forum marketing.

16. mbasa

mbasa Member

Combine blogging, article marketing and forum marketing. Forum marketing can inspire more blog posts and articles.

17. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Yes, forum marketing is a favorite of mine. Although I don't do this only.

I still believe in PAID advertising (advertising in the right places of course). You can't just go out and buy from someone 10 million hits to your site for $39.99. That kind of advertising is deceptive and they are lying to you.

PPC is a great way to advertise your site.

18. maicox

maicox New Member

I am new to forum marketing. I've like paid advertising if it's good if you take massive action you get massive results. The downside is that it is not guaranteed. You can pay for your paid marketing campaign and get null results. So I guess action would be for paid advertising is make sure you research, and the money that you invest will not hurt you if you don't get a return on it.

19. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Yes I have to agree forum marketing can be great at time but one thing I like to do is create videos. Drive the traffic back to my blog!

20. Blazing

Blazing New Member

Youtube and article marketing are my favorites.
    All Keyword researched and announced to the world via pinging, Onlywire, etc