Best Way to Learn How to Build Websites?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by jjandry03, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Teddy

Teddy New Member

As far as building websites go I have done it with Wordpress. It is a blogging platform but can also work as I have found. The search engines also love it. To create my html I used a very rude program called Easy Text to HTML and it is free. It also supports tables etc. As a newbie I tried to do things easy as I don't have the skills yet and made do with I could learn quick. It may not be the right way...

Teddy.
  2. paulgressel

paulgressel New Member

jjandry03
    One great resource to find out is IM report card. that will give you a list of very credible sites out there that teach you how to do it. I used that resource to do the exact same thing and within a month I have built a website and more importantly, learned the tools necessary to make money online.

hope this helps.
  3. deloons

deloons New Member

Ive never really gone into web design cos Im not very artsy... but I discover I'm more inclined to digital art rather than drawing, sketching, etc.

Is there a good tutorial online on how to start designing websites??
  4. mmanceli2010

mmanceli2010 New Member

Try Blink Web or Wix, their easy to manage free website (or blog) has cool features that include drag and drop capability, switch designs on the fly, youtube and google video, custom html, upload images, flikr photo gallery, visitor stats and more. You can also buy a new domain instantly, or host your existing domain for free and make it your own (www.yourown.com)

If your looking for something more advanced but still user friendly then try XsitePro, Sitebuilder Designs or Calvary Studios, they have everything you need in building your own website: domain name registration or domain transfer, web hosting, web builder, site maintenance and email accounts. Everything is laid out in an easy to follow step by step instruction. Some of the features included enable you to add your own themes, videos, images or mp3 music making your site unique to you. Pricing is comparable and affordable too.

I hope that I was of some help and answered your question.
  5. flexiblework

flexiblework New Member

I have been studying from this site for a few weeks. Lots of short, detailed videos. I have really learned a lot. Now have a web site up and running
  6. KB24

KB24 Member

Sign up with weebly its literaly drag and drop..there are a few others but in the long run you should get your own hosting/domain so your in control of your own sight..
  7. edesigner008

edesigner008 New Member

At w3schools.com, first learn about tags. Some basic tags are HEAD, BODY, FORM etc. Learning HTML and CSS is not tough. But you should also learn JavaScript to establish yourself in web designing field.
  8. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

Best way to learn how to build websites? Learn through videos with step-by-step clear and concise instruction.

Chris Farrell's Membership site has such videos. I built my first website in one day, back in Feb 2008, with his eBook. In those days, he hasn't produced any video but his eBook was clear and concise with lots of graphics on each and every step needed to build and upload a one-page website quickly.

Of course, I had a domain name and a hosting plan beforehand. Use some free website hosting (if you haven't have one yet) and upload your texts and graphics. Then check and edit to your heart's content that the website looks satisfactory to you.

Start building simple website and then add on some fanciful stuff.

Bye
  9. prohomeworker

prohomeworker New Member

10. Ron S

Ron S New Member

Also learn the content management system (CMS) such as Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal. CMS is getting very popular with the increasing demands of dynamic contents.
  11. biltongonline

biltongonline New Member

There are other options , such as joomla(my favourite !) i have built many site with this now and while there is a little bit of a learning curve in the beginning it is well worth it . why start from the bottom ? unless you have the time there are easier ways . Wordpress is very good as well and of course you can do the 30day challenge ( actually now just called the challenge ) it is free (good for students ) and it will teach you all you need to know about marketing .. website plus marketing skills = money
  12. pincpassion

pincpassion New Member

You will realize that you have a lot of options here. You can even learn for free, right?

Just a reminder that you also need to learn how to practice ethics online. Most often you will be mingling with people (if you with to serve them online) and people will also be checking on you and your behavior.

Even if you know you are doing correct website making and content building there might be some instances that you are offending (readers, search engines, etc.) without purposely doing it.

I hope this is also helpful...
  13. I learnt how to build wordpress websites with The Niche Blogger.
  14. jgthomas

jgthomas New Member

I learn how to build websites with Komposer. It's free and easy to follow. If you click on my link below I can email you a free ebook that gives you step by step instructions on how to create a website with komposer. I hope this helps...

Good Luck
  15. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

For me, wordpress is always the way to go. It can be customized with a wide range of seo plugins.

And In some recent tests between wordpress and regular html websites, those running WP got ranked on the search engines far quicker and started earning revenue.

The html one didnt do as well until they did some extra link building.
  16. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Another easy way to start building websites is by using a drag and drop website builder. I first started out with one of those and i made some really nice websites for myself and other people, i made some good money on ebay selling them to newbies. Just search google for "drag and drop website builder".
  17. jaybird1973

jaybird1973 New Member

I've been wanting to build my own website for about a month and I didn't know if I could do it, but I think I can do it using some of the website building tips and tricks that I'm seeing on here.
  18. nbaker

nbaker New Member

If you are just going to learn how to create a web site, I think it will be a longer run before you get your first contract. You may learn how to do html as a start. I used w3schools' materials when I was still in college, and they provided me with really useful stuff though they are far from what we use in the corporate.

Not to put you down or anything, there are more advanced technologies now and you have to catch up and fast if you want to make money out of it.
  19. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I'd advise anyone to use the wordpress blogging platform to get started with a new website.

Once you have setup your blog then the possibilitys are endless.

You can easily choose your blogs look and feel from the many wordpress themes that are available, plus add unlimited functions using wordpress plugins.

Newbies take note, you need to get your new wordpress blog up and running asap!
  20. billgibson

billgibson New Member

There are several different TUTORIALS to understand how to build the website and through these tutorial you will become capable enough to understand the basic coding and will able to do all that all coding after getting knowledge from these tutorials. you can also get ready made Website Templates from different sites. and can be able to get the website of your own style.