Best Ways To Get Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DMalloyMoney, May 15, 2013.

1. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Im new at this so if im wrong correct me im always open for advice. SOOOO so far how I get traffic is
    -Forums post 3 times daily
    -Youtube make videos
    -Traffic Swarm
    -Twitter

What else can I do to get fast traffic!!?

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

May be you might want to change your goals to getting "presold" traffic instead of "fast traffic". You may get a few hundred curious clicks from the strategies you mentioned above but they'll hardly convert to sale. To make sales, you have to presell - build trust and inspire confidence; before your customer actually clicks on the link to your website. Then only can you really hope to make a sale. Instead of affirming to making n number of posts a day on the forums, choose to make one really useful post and see the difference.

You may want to read this:
    Getting the most mileage out of this or any forum...

Just2EZ likes this.
  3. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Your right so should I talk about what program I'm doing and show them it isn't a scam and show them my progress what do you reccomend I'm a noob at this

4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

This may sound strange - don't try to sell. Help, educate and solve their problems. This is the only way to build trust and confidence. Put yourself in the other person's shoes. How would you feel if somebody approaches you with something to sell versus somebody trying to help and educate you? Naturally you would be offended with the sales person and more responsive towards the helper.

Just2EZ likes this.
  5. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

True thanks for the advice im new to marketing and all of this is their any more tips you can give me to be successful. An I want to help people. I want to learn now while im 19 so I can help people all over the world. Share with them how I made it and all my tips and tricks how to be successful and make money. Its sad people miss family time or have to work all their life.Im trying to learn as much as I can so I can help others.

6. I agree with Vishal that you shouldn't try to sell. The key word is "Help" and "Serve" others. This build rapport, loyalty and trust.

I like your ambition and can tell you really want to create a successful online business and help people.

As far as traffic goes, there are so many ways to go about this. There are free and paid ways. Think of each traffic method as a skill that needs to be learned. I would pick one or two and then study it, master it, and then move to another method once your getting consistent quality traffic with it. Before you know it you will have many different traffic methods that will be bringing you business. It's also good to have a variety as well so your not relying on just one method.

Yes, Forum marketing is an excellent way to get traffic.

YouTube can be great as well but you need to know how to optimize your videos so they get good exposure.

Social Media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc... can be excellent ways to get traffic. With Facebook you want to set up whats called a Fan Page (business side of facebook).

Solo Ads - This is a paid method but can be extremely effective IF done correctly. This is when someone will email their list about your product. You pay money for a certain amount of clicks to your site. Before you do a solo ad though I highly recommend you thoroughly research and learn about them and how they work. You also should know how the person your buying from obtained their list. You want to make sure your paying for quality leads.

If you are looking for ways to get fast traffic then I suggest solo ads.

There are so many other methods of getting traffic but hopefully this helps. :)

To Your Ultimate Success,

Kevin

7. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Thanks so much YES! My goals are to HELP PEOPLE.
    Become and entrpuneur
    Have my oen website
    Create my own article and tell people my tips and how I got success
    And to change others lives And enjoy thier life

8. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Well right now my traffic methods are youtube
    Craiglist well I hope to try
    And I use traffic swarm

MY GOALS
    -Do right for god
    -Help others
    -Change others lives spiritually, mentally, financially
    -Become a successful entrpunuer
    -Give back to the less fortunate
    -Help cancer patients
    -Build my own website and article on success
    -Live a good wealthy life

What are some GOOD methods you reccomend?
    Like posting ads..how may should I post a day..and on what classified sites or sites
    How to make good youtube VIDEOS. I think my youtube videos are good so far check me out tell me what I need to improve on my channelname is Llifeofsuccess

9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

A better question might be how can you convert the traffic you get.
    Are you sending them to a company provided LANDING PAGE,
    or your own Capture Page to tell them your side of the story?
    There are many threads here about all the methods you use.
    Just use the search box to find some excellent opinions.
    Convert traffic to sales, or get them on a mailing list.
    Offering a free newsletter is a good capture tool.
    Quality traffic beats quantity traffic.
    Target your market well.

10. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Its a company landind page I get traffic but not many sales!! Am I targeting the wrong people I don't know what to do.

11. whitney black

whitney black Member

You forgot social media! It's the easiest free way to get traffic! Build up a targeted social following and give your links to them to be helpful :)

12. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

You mean like twitter ?

13. Dot Com Income

Dot Com Income New Member

hi
    as everyone else said,it's not just fast traffic that counts or matters - it's targeted interested traffic.
    You also need to build a list because that can either spell failure or success for you.it's amazing how many people don't know the importance of having an email list.stop driving traffic to your company's landing page,design a "squeeze" page for yourself that will add to your subscriber list.this way,even if they don't join your program,you can follow them up sending them emails to your other offers...list building is just a secret that has literally made me to make sales when i want to.
    then,if you have a website,start doing some off-site SEO. Build relevant backlinks. get backlinks from high PR sites like help.com,imreportcard.com
    start writing product reviews on your personal blog
    do a keyword research on www.google.com/keywordexternal and find out what people are looking for on google and blog about that.
    also start doing article marketing...
    if you have some cash,go buy a solo ad - this is the fastest and most effective way to make money online.look for a solo ad seller at www.soloaddirectory.com

14. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

That's truly a worthy ambition. You can do it! Your age gives you a big advantage.

At 19 you have big dreams, lots of energy and enthusiasm to pursue them, and many decades of living left to enjoy the fruits of your eventual success. Those are all good things. But it's also a double-edged sword. At 19 you are still developing the maturity of mind that is required to deliberately cultivate the tools and skills you will need to become the person you need to be to achieve those goals.

Add to that the many other teenage interests that are competing for your attention today, and you can see that the challenge is formidable. It will require commitment, discipline, the ability to make the right choices and the courage to take risks. It will not be a walk in the park.

You'll make mistakes and screw things up from time to time. That's all part of the developmental process. Simply learn from those mistakes, don't repeat them, and move on. Before you know it, good things will start to happen for you, almost like magic, without much effort on your part. That's when you'll start saying to yourself: "Hmmm! Looks like I've got something going on here."

Please don't misunderstand me. It's not my intention to throw cold water on your ambitions, only to put an objective spotlight on the matter, so that you have a better real-world understanding of what you can expect.

And in case you're wondering what qualifies me to write this, it's nothing more than the fact that I used to be 19 too, many decades ago, with ambitions similar to yours. Today, I enjoy the benefit of experience that extends more than twice the sum of your age, and appreciate the insight I've gained as a result. Plus, it's a privilege to be able to share that wisdom here.

Hermas

15. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Wow thank you so much!!!!

16. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Yeah, I do agree that it's more important to get targeted traffic than fast traffic, and I do agree that you have to take the I'm-not-trying-to-sell-you approach. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but people generally don't like pushy salesmen. So, you have to take the opposite approach to the hard sell.

Hope that helps.

17. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

True I'm just going to build a good relationship and trust with them

18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Building relationships and trust does take time. The first thing to do is to commit to the process. Understand that it will not happen overnight for most of us.

I started by writing articles on Ezine. I built a following there. Then I started a blog and got more followers. Then I implemented videos. Fast forward two years and I am considered an expert in my niche. Did I start out that way? Oh no no no!

Now I own two websites and I don't chase customers anymore, they chase me! :) This took time and it was built over years. Had I given up, I simply would not be here. Just keep building one brick at at time. Remain authentic and real!

19. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Robin, that is very true. Success doesn't happen overnight. Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

20. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Very good for you, Robin! That's the level every marketer dreams of reaching with their business. It's proof that the business has grown past the magical "tipping point" that allows it to take off with a life of its own. I wish every member of this forum would one day be able to make that statement. It would represent a significant milestone in their online marketing success. Go for it!

Hermas

robinincarolina likes this.