Best Ways To Get Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DMalloyMoney, May 15, 2013.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

All the traffic placed listed can bring you good traffic, but there isn't a "magic" source for traffic that instantly leads to massive success.

Stay consistent and effective in your marketing and success will come. It's a process like Robin noted. That's not to say one can't make money rather quickly just that success is a sustained outcome of the goal desired.

2. DMalloyMoney

DMalloyMoney Member

Wow I've learned so much from you all do you all have emails

3. Dennis_Roeder

Dennis_Roeder New Member

Things are changing with marketing on the Internet. It used to be that blasting an email out to thousands of contact would get good results. Today people want to know who they are doing business with. They are more inclined to rely on reputation, trust and accessibility of the promoter than simply buying something on a sudden impulsive whim of the moment decision. It is going to take a little more time in social networks and putting your real name out there instead of a persuasive marketing letter published by somebody without a real face. In other words you wont be able to make up some artistic looking avatar and give yourself a “CB handle” for a user name and expect any results. If you will notice Google is leaning in that direction. Authority and Credibility is getting more rank in the search engines than the quantity of back-links.

4. JudyCurtis

JudyCurtis New Member

I like your advice. One has to realize this is not an overnight success. It is a process and will take time to get to the level where customers chase us. In the meantime we just need to remain focused and never give up. I like your phrase "one brick at a time". What a good philosophy!

5. Nizam Balram

Nizam Balram New Member

Do not focus on Monetization at the start. Focus on providing value first. How can you expect anyone to buy from you if you are new. Create yourself a authority blog and focus on posting high value tips and content to start building your image online. Ensure that all your blog posts are distributed to all social media platforms.

6. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

This is not a myth! Success chases Success! Put in your time and effort and it will pay off.

7. Christo Fouche

Christo Fouche New Member

Everyone has a story. Tell your story to your audience on a personal level, just where you are and see where that takes you.

Once people relate to your story, the traffic will start coming faster than you may think.

I am also starting out building a new online business and trying to get traffic, but I recently got some very good advice from a mentor, that I am now following. I can clearly see that this is taking me in another direction than chasing traffic like before.

8. BigBite

BigBite New Member

Social Bookmarking is the one and only best way to get traffic.

9. Basilcarey

Basilcarey New Member

Social media marketing is a great way to advertise your business online promotion and with the help of forums you can advertise your business too.

10. mattji

mattji New Member

I'm brand new to this forum, but what I've read recently supports the idea that content is supreme. The single best way to keep getting traffic is to continually post good content. Then people will keep coming to your site and refer others to it. Without that, people will click away and not come back. With today's Internet, you only have a few seconds to capture and hold a viewer's attention. Once you've created trust and credibility with the viewer, they'll be more receptive and likely to buy what you're selling This is "preselling".

How do you continually create compelling content? This guy explains it much more eloquently than I could:

http://www.copyblogger.com/craft-compelling-copy/

http://www.copyblogger.com/get-ideas/

How do you create content that presells? This ebook explains it well:

http://mycps.sitesell.com/download/mycps-free.pdf

(not affiliate links)

11. i♥marketing

i♥marketing New Member

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this, but facebook has millions of users. I suggest making a page all about your website with the link in your about page. Make all your posts public as well! You can gain a lot of traffic that way.

12. Khoa Nuyen

Khoa Nuyen New Member

Craigslist and other free classified places. Make sure you have a good follow up strategy in place first before you start posting, and also your posts are compliant so they don't get kicked or ghosted.

13. ericlj

ericlj New Member

Great question, I have been asking the same thing, still no answer. Some people say that you should pre sell, make review sites, build long term interest, all of which sounds great but....how do you get people to your site in the first place?

14. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

I totally agree, good things take time! Someone once told me, at the start you put in time and money but they are the two things you get back 10 fold down the track :)

15. MomsCareer

MomsCareer New Member

I agree Social Media is the best way to build your business!

16. shuvo

shuvo Member

From your list forum marketing and YouTube marketing is very much effective If you can do it right! I personally prefer paid advertising and guest blogging to drive traffic as they help me to get quality traffic that eventually converts into sales.

17. Monica Suggs

Monica Suggs New Member

If your intentions are pure.. in that you truly want to help people, and educate people, that will show through. If you are only trying to "sell" something, unfortunately, that will show through as well.

I have found that helping people and educating people is the honest... forthright way to go in any business.

You want people to trust you and bond with you. Be genuine.. be yourself, and they will come..

18. Chris Marum

Chris Marum New Member

There are loads of ways to get traffic.
    • Article Marketing
    • Blogging
    • Paid Solo ads - This is the quickest way
    Something i do and you can get a lot of traffic from is join loads of Facebook groups and just write a blog post and post it in the groups. It takes a while but you can get tons of free traffic.

19. Anders J

Anders J Member

Best traffic is most likely Google Adwords as its instant traffic. If you can get some campaigns going and learning to write converting ads and do keyword research for max ROI then it is properly the best.

The next I would sugest is video's and as any traffic option an art form to learn but as many points out allready your target market needs to trust you before they follow you anywhere. If they see you in person it is better than just a picture or just written content.

20. mouadj

mouadj New Member

The best traffic ever is organic one. Organic traffic ? :eek: sounds weird. org traffic is the one who comes from search engine generally... Paid traffic is good but it is really expensive that you don't cash more than you spent. Video marketing are strong too and twitter take a lot of time and works but it gives results....