Biggest Fears and Frustrations

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ag1279, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ag1279

ag1279 New Member

Hi,

My name is Ashley, and I've noticed there are still a lot of people who are confused about blogging and content marketing.

Here are the basics: Your list (the database of email addresses you should be collecting from prospective customers) is the lifeblood of your business. Most people don't buy the first time they visit a Website. Think about it -- we have more sources competing for our attention in today's world than ever before! This means, if you haven't collected a visitor's email address, you've most likely lost them forever. This is where content marketing comes in.

As a copywriter, I help my clients build their lists (aka potential revenue streams) by creating juicy, electronic opt-in offers, usually in the form of a PDF. These informational products are then offered as an incentive for site visitors to subscribe to receive the newsletters of my clients. This creates instant trust and reciprocity between you and your prospects because you are giving them something of value for free.

The beauty of this process is that it qualifies your prospects. The content in your opt-in offer and the ongoing content in your blog/newsletter should be strategically geared toward providing your prospects with valuable solutions to their biggest problems or desires. Then, because you've taken care of them, when they are ready to buy, they think of you first!

[Post edited - Admin]