blog or website?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by rgov, Dec 7, 2008.

1. rgov

rgov New Member

I want to build a site something like this, same market. is this a website or a well done blog? I see it hosted at blogspot.com which makes me think its a blog. or can you upload webpages to blogspot.com

http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/

Thanks.
  2. BeInProfitMode

BeInProfitMode New Member

To me it just looks like a well done blog. You wouldn't know it was a blogger blog if not for the url and the search bar at the top.

I'm sure there are some people in here that would know how to get it done but maybe your best bet would be to email the owner of that blog and ask them.

If I were them I would also buy a domain name to make it look even more professional. I don't think you could go wrong following their lead and building a page like that.
  3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Randy,

It's a blog.

If you know what you're doing, you can make a site look how ever you want.

It helps to know web coding languages such as HTML and CSS.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

For a Blogger blog, yes this is a nice looking blog, looks like they have a custom header which you could outsource if you can't do it yourself. The rest is typical blog stuff that you can learn by googling. It's amazing how much info is on the net if you go after it. You may also be able to get help in forums.

Go ahead and take action it helps to do hands on because once you're in there you're forced to learn or give up, then all the work you did so far is wasted. If you have put forth effort you're more likely to follow through and keep going. My 2 cents.
    Sonni
  5. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

You are a classic example of how a blog can be easily percieved as a website. Unless you know what you are looking for blogs can be made to look like websites. If the owner of the blog removed the blogger header thingy (which can be done) and hosted on his own domain, it could be easily be seen as a website [​IMG].

Like newbieshield said it does help to know web coding languages
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Randy,

Although it is a nice looking blog, it seems to be very obviously a blog, not just by the address and flavicon.

The structure is a chronological list of posts, with each new post pushing the previous one farther and farther down into obscurity. That is very 'bloggish' from my perspective.

It's my understanding, though, that you don't have to have that layout, but can make a blog more like a static website.

I'm going to send you a pm of an interesting article comparing the pros and cons of blogging versus regular website building. It's an interesting read (and I don't even know a lot about blogs). [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  7. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

happywife,

Would you mind sending me a pm of that article as well?

Either way, thanks in advance!
  8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Sure, it's on its way! [​IMG]

Angie
  9. KDMiller55

KDMiller55 New Member

Thanks, Angie!
  10. 040107

040107 Member

That's a pretty nice looking blog![​IMG]

Actually, glassyeyes.com is the the same but instead to cloaking the