Blog OR Website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by getreffs, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ucoxganteng

ucoxganteng New Member

i use both blog and website, for blog i use wordpress is easy to me to install it,
  2. edesigner008

edesigner008 New Member

If you want a free site, try blog. If you would like to pay, opt for website.
    Blog is generally kept as one page, websites keep many pages.
    The purpose of blog and website are also different.
  3. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Blogs are cheaper and easy when you first start your online marketing but a website allows you more options to monetize such as Google Adsense.
  4. prohomeworker

prohomeworker New Member

I would say both... Website for static product info, blog for updates, news and offers...
  5. TimHicks

TimHicks New Member

Personally, I'm partial to Wordpress blogs, but not the ones hosted on Wordpress.com. They have rules against affiliate marketing and network marketing.

I use my own webhosting and install WordPress to create my site. Many hosts offer Fantastico or SimpleScripts which make the installation a piece of cake.

In 1995, when I built my first website, HTML was really the only option that the average person had. It served its purpose, but now, with so many platforms you can use, it can get very confusing in a hurry. To me, using a blog built on the WP platform just keeps it simple. Plus, Google appears to really love blogs by the fact that I can have an article indexed in a matter of hours as opposed to days.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Tim Hicks
  6. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Blog are away the best way to go. If you post on a day to day basic you will find yourself on the first page of google, that's of course you have quality info on your blog.
  7. mbasa

mbasa Member

Personally, I prefer a blog because you get feedback on your content, as well as suggestions from your subscribers, which means more traffic for you!! I believe a blog is easier to manage as well as does not require complicated technical know-how.
  8. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I'd advise anyone to go with a blog rather than a regular html or php website.

Blogs come with more than half of the on page seo done already for starters, and then really it's just a matter of choosing a nice theme, adding some top plugins, posting some content and building a few one way backlinks to get it on the map.

Wordpress should be given a medal from the queen i think lol.
  9. katereber

katereber New Member

Website is collection of web pages where blog is website entries..
    Blogs are web sites that allow you publish content about a certain
    topic.. All what you want is there. Actually blogs can also called online
    newspaper or magazine column without newspaper and magazine..
    Blogs can easily update your content.. This are instant publishing tool.
  10. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

Blogs are faster and easier to rank for and that's right off Wordpress stock stuff. I couldn't believe it. I definitely recommend self hosted of course like mentioned earlier. Nowadays with all this customization its hard to tell the difference sometimes.
  11. katereber

katereber New Member

Blogs is just a website.. They are same. You can optimize your website by SEO in order to bring your website into higher position and rank in the search engine result page.

Good SEO = Higher exposure = more visitors and sales. [​IMG]
  12. Biznurse

Biznurse New Member

Personally, I don't think it matters. YOU talking live to them is where the difference is. The Video Emails showed us that intrusive NEVER builds income. Permission Marketing however ROCKS! Pick up the phone and start that oh so critical relationship showing them how you will help them, and THEN send them to your blog or website... preferably with your Compensation plan clear to see.... Linda/RN
  13. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I started with blogs and I still update them, actually those are what supports me now while I am working on my site. I have one that just exploded overnight and traffic remains consistent as long as I post content. I don't understand the whys, I just do it. Working understanding these things though, which is why I come here.
  14. katereber

katereber New Member

robinincarolina: I started with blogs and I still update them, actually those are what supports me now while I am working on my site. I have one that just exploded overnight and traffic remains consistent as long as I post content. I don't understand the whys, I just do it. Working understanding these things though, which is why I come here.
    Good day,
    Nice to hear that from you.. And so happy here that you get traffic remains consistent. You worked hard for it, so you deserved it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    More success in business.. [​IMG]
  15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I definitely prefer static websites to blogs, although I do have a blog feature on each of my static websites. It seems that for long term business success, a well ordered website is going to be more user friendly than a blog.

There are definitely some blogs that make excellent money, of course, but I suspect the percentage is very much skewed in favor of "regular" static sites.

Either way, they both have to be built correctly and provide high value content based on keyword research to succeed. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  16. weblogger

weblogger New Member

more and more websites are converting to the blog-like model as blogs are aimed not to sell to people but offer value in first hand... But that was past [​IMG]
  17. homesjobsneeded

homesjobsneeded New Member

The hybrid for many businesses is the way to go. That is using the blogging software to manage both the static pages and the blog. For example I just did a site for a State University's department and made it all in Word Press. However the "static pages" (although they are not truly static because they can be altered dynamically by through an interface instantly) look like normal sites and the blog part looks like a blog.

When dealing with most professional companies a website looking fully like a blog may give the unprofessional feeling to surfers. This is really the only reason really why they want a static looking site is for aesthetics.

But I agree with talfighel that in reality they are one in the same if it provides quality information for me.
  18. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

As somewhat of a newbie in all of this, I would recommend a blog for ease of setup and adding new content. But if you are trying to have appearance be a main factor in gaining a great first impression, I don't think you can beat the options of creating a website, although much more time consuming.

Chad
  19. Interesting,

The internet is a fast moving target, and what worked when this thread started does not mean it works now. Blogging has exploded over the past few years, and for good reason, it was easier to do then create a complete webpage for most, and less costly than creating a quality website.

I research and evaluate everything, and I started with web sites like most old timers, but then tried blogging. The real issue is what good is a high quality blog if no one sees it. It is like having a billboard in the middle of the desert, totally useless. My first blogs had hardly any traffic and never got indexed, even my Google blogs never got indexed, so lesson learned.

If you want to learn all about blogging in 2012, check out EmpowerNetwork, it will get your blog indexed like lightening, and better yet, you can actually get paid to blog about your businesses or whatever. It is all about traffic, always has been, always will be.

Sucess to all,