blog posts/pinging

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by zulu5200, Jan 31, 2009.

1. zulu5200

zulu5200 New Member

Hey all!

Exactly how long does it take for Google to index your blog/website after you ping? And is it better to ping during the week and not on the weekend? How often should you add new content to your blog/website? Thanx for the info?
  2. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Good Question! Eager to the answer here myself[​IMG]
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

One of the ways to find out is to go to googlealerts.com and add your url then when you add a post and ping your blog,you will be notified know when google indexes your site.

I like to set mine at 'as it happens' and have the notification sent to my email.

I would love to add content to my blogs every day but I don't have time so I aim for a couple times a week....

I am sure others will pop by here soon but that is my few cents worth.[​IMG]
  4. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Thanks Mountainmom!

I am rather new to the whole thing, so I am sucking up every little piece of info..lol[​IMG]
  5. Marktech

Marktech Member

Just avoid pinging too often, which can be seen as spamming by the ping sites. A good rule is to ping only when you have made a change to your site.
  6. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

I have a Wordpress website, so I hear that it will ping for you once you have updated the site. At least that will be one less thing I will have to think about when I update[​IMG]