Blog Traffic

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by thomnel53, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Use Keywords rich in content and a good title. You are looking for like minded people so show your real self no BS.

payment proof likes this.
  2. newbie2pro

newbie2pro New Member

I target specific keywords but also convert my blog post into a video with slides. I keyword it with related keywords and post on YouTube then link back to my blog and this system creates a good amount of traffic.

3. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

4. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Use Keywords and Tags

5. Christo Fouche

Christo Fouche New Member

I have found that having your keyword in the post name is a great advantage, and I would suggest only ping when you post a new post or have a serious update.

The more I have to do with this, the more I think that concentrating on great content will make the difference. Create a post that grab your readers attention and touch them on an emotional level.

The interaction that you will get from that may far surpass the "technical issues" of optimization.

6. Khoa Nuyen

Khoa Nuyen New Member

Ideally, every post should be in response to a keyword search. You can find out what keywords and their related terms are being searched in your niche by using the Google keyword tool. It's free. Then, you write a post that is in response to a searched keyword phrase. Get this right, and you will have a very good chance of ranking high.

7. Elizabeth21

Elizabeth21 New Member

I prefer simply buying traffic from sites like SEOClerks and listingdock

8. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Nice question and of course we sometimes ask it, but listen, if you intend to build affiliate websites marketing for making revenues and profits, then you must think seriously regarding choosing profitable keywords not only for your websites content but for all your articles on the web. So you always need to work with specific keywords to get targeted web traffic

9. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I put all my backlinks on the page i want to rank.
    I then make sure each of my posts is very seo friendly by using Wordpress SEO by yoast.

Once the website becomes known by Google and your page that you've put backlinks on ranks then your other posts will rank and get detected by google much faster.

10. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Great content, good keywords, and promotion. I do not pay money to get people to any of my sites. That's ridiculous to do particularly if you are just starting out.

11. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

and paid traffic is generally lower quality and does not turn into conversions.

Robin Bull likes this.
  12. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

I like to write my posts first and then do some keyword research to see what would fit well with my topic.

I'll then go back and place the keyword strategically in my posts so it doesn't look like I'm keyword stuffing.

robinincarolina and VicHugo like this.
  13. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Hello Conor
    I`m not agreeing with you in terms of writing your content without focusing on a specific keyword firstly. To get started at least, you need to do some basic research. You probably have a very rough idea of what people are searching for so that you can choose the profitable one to target.

14. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

Not really. I create content for people first, search engines second. I can find keywords easily for what people are searching for that relate to my topics after I write them. Just a different approach I guess.

15. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Keywords are the currency of any good affiliate marketer. You want traffic? You need to find the words people are searching for and become competitive for them.

So, before you ever start you inbound marketing campaigns, spend some time researching, building lists, and
    analyzing the keywords.

16. VicHugo

VicHugo New Member

I think what Conor is saying here is that he is "peppering" the keywords into his content. It makes it flow in a natural tone which is what you want. But, he did mention keyword research.

Keep in mind about Latent Semantic Indexing. That is, the body content should be full of synonyms as well. Yes, good keyword techniques and a few secondary keywords into your content is fine, but the rest of the content should also be littered with synonyms to convince search engine spiders that your not keyword stuffing.

Just2EZ likes this.
  17. VicHugo

VicHugo New Member

Great idea Conor. Also Latent Semantic Indexing is Google's reaction to keyword stuffing. So best way to avoid keyword stuffing is using plenty of synonyms in your body content.

18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Another thing to keep in mind is not all keywords are created equal. There are keywords that can drive lots of traffic and there are buyer keywords that drive more targeted traffic.

Many marketers search for keywords with a high search volume and when they find one with no competition, they think they have hit the jackpot. This isn't always true.

I will take a highly targeted buyer keyword with lower searches any day over a high volume of traffic. When a person is searching using these buyer keywords, they usually have their wallets out. The conversion rate is much higher. 50 targeted visitors a day will make you more money than 1000 that are not targeted.

Let's say I had a website on shower curtains. If I used "purple polka dot shower curtains" as my keyword, it would likely convert more sales than "purple shower curtains", because if I am looking that specific, I probably really want a purple polka dot shower curtain. I guess this could be considered long tailed keywords as well.

Using keywordsthat include terms like how to, or when also can help you get more targeted with your keywords.

19. VicHugo

VicHugo New Member

Hi thomnel53,

Good idea to pay attention to Google Analytics or the analytics program you are using to experiment to find out what sources gives you the most traffic since it depends on your target reader.

Always pays attention to analytics and track your blog posts, pages, etc..you can also use Facebook pixel code for that and/or trck.me which is a very simple tracking/analytics program that has training videos too.

I see that a lot that most do not track where their sources comes from.

SEO definitely helps in generating organic traffic to your blog......but hands down you still want to get involved with the blogosphere. The community of bloggers.

Keep in mind that you want to build your tribe and you have to get involved to do that. Read Seth Godin's Tribe.

1. Social Media: Definatelly "word by mouth" as you mentioned. Mingle with others & build relationships in the online communities.

-I like to use Socialbuzz or TribePro for that and because both are platforms that are social media communities who collaborate and get the word out about you for you.

Google+ groups
    Linkedin groups
    Facebook groups
    Meetup.com

Even better if you get involved with bloggers events within your local community as well.

Victor