Blogger blogs only get traffic from Yahoo....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by robinincarolina, Jan 18, 2015.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have some older blogs on Blogger that I created back in 2009 and 2010. Back in the day before the Google updates they received a lot of organic traffic from Google. Not the only organic traffic they get is from Yahoo and Bing. Is there something simple that I just don't know as my wordpress sites do more in Google than other search engines. What is the reason for this and can I fix it?

2. seemajoshi26

seemajoshi26 New Member

I recommend you connect your website with Google webmaster tools and analytics. Analyze the issues and fix your bugs and then check whether your blog or any of your posts are being indexed. Also don't forget to check your Robots.txt to ensure you have the code to allow Google bots to crawl your website.

By doing so will definitely bring you traffic and also promoting your individual posts may double your traffic~

payment proof and Just2EZ like this.
  3. robinincarolina

Thank you. I am already connected with webmaster tools and analytics. I do see in my settings on Blogger that my Robots.txt is no enabled.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

following as I am curious to know about this as well....

robinincarolina likes this.
  5. robinincarolina

One of them got two hits from Google yesterday. Not sure if that's a sign or not.

6. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Well, any traffic is a good thing. :)

Hope Google picks up for you.

7. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

Hi Robin,

Google webmaster tools are a great asset, as you may already know. However, I'm not sure if it will pick up on duplicate content. If you've reposted (or used syndication) one or more of your articles from Blogger to your WP site, Google may very well be picking it up as duplicate content. I'm not sure if this is the case, but if it is, you can always setup a canonical url. It's easy to do in WP, but not sure if it's possible in Blogger.

Here's an article on canonical url's: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139066?hl=en

8. robinincarolina

Thanks Jeffrey, but I don't think I have any duplicate content. I might need to check this more in depth however. When I set up these blogs, I was also posting to Ezine, I was a brand new newbie, so perhaps some of my older posts are duplicate. I still get traffic by the way from those old old articles on Ezine to some of my sites. Nothing like before Panda and Penguin, but a few hits a day. :)

9. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Create a good amount of back links to your blog
    Get it listed in social bookmarking ( stumble upon, pinterest and redit are so effictive )
    Share it on google plus
    Create a business page with your google plus profile and link your blog to it
    Update your previous posts and content