blogger or wordpress?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by zulu5200, Jan 21, 2009.

1. zulu5200

zulu5200 New Member

Which one is the best one to use? Also, how long does it take for the whole blog process to start paying dividends? Was there a certain amount of posts that those experienced in Internet Marketing had to make before they started to see any results/sales? Thanx for the info!

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Zulu,

Either one is fine. If you intend to host your own blog some time in the future via paid hosting, you might as well go with the free version of WordPress from the start in order to get used to it.

The reason I say that is because most bloggers who go with paid hosting choose WordPress.

Still, Blogger is an excellent platform. It's owned by Google. Blogger does allow Adsense. Last I checked, wordpress.com does not allow Adsense. However, they do say that they plan to allow some sort of ad placement at an unspecified time in the future.

In case you didn't know: wordpress.com is the free version of WordPress and wordpress.org is for paid hosting whether you go with them for hosting or choose a different host.

~Newbie Shield~

3. MyOwnBoss

MyOwnBoss New Member

One thing not too many people know is that Blogger will allow you to host your domain there. It's not as good as paid hosting, but it does allow you to set up a brandable blog (instead of myniche.blogspot.com) without paying for anything more than a domain.

This is a good option to get your feet wet and start the learning process to get an idea of what works and what doesn't without bothering to learn about site-building or anything like that.

On the other hand, I always advocate getting your own hosting and setting up a wordpress blog there if you're interested in blogging.

The main problem I have with the free services is that you don't own them. That means you need to watch the TOS because a change can put you in the position of suddenly having a blog that is "illegal" and scrambling to get it compliant. Additionally, with your own domain and hosting, you have a property that's building value as you add content. This value you can get back out of it by selling the blog and domain if you choose to abandon the project.

4. zulu5200

zulu5200 New Member

Okay I understand all of that but you guys didnt answer my 2nd question. Was there a certain amount of posts that those experienced in internet marketing made before they started to see results/sales?

5. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

zulu5200: Which one is the best one to use? Also, how long does it take for the whole blog process to start paying dividends? Was there a certain amount of posts that those experienced in Internet Marketing had to make before they started to see any results/sales? Thanx for the info!

I never made 1cent from my blogs...

You need to be very good at SEO if you want to make money with blogs and adsense...

Blogger is easy as pie
    Wordpress is more advance

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I tried for quite awhile to make money with blogs and Squidoo, etc, without making a dime, and then I found the One Week Marketing plan and made money with both Clickbank and adsense within several weeks.[​IMG]

It wasn't so much the amount of posting on my blogs, I don't think, as just everything coming together and making more sense.

7. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

zulu5200: Okay I understand all of that but you guys didnt answer my 2nd question. Was there a certain amount of posts that those experienced in internet marketing made before they started to see results/sales?

Hi Zulu,

That varies and is dependent upon the knowledge, skills, and experience of the webmaster (you).

See Mountain's reply above this one.

~Newbie Shield~

8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

It takes time to make money with blogs unless you know IM really well then you can create a blog and have a product you know there's a demand for write some articles and send them to the site and convert. It sounds easy but it isn't.
    Sonni

9. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Honestly, I'm starting to hate both [​IMG]
    I recommend your own website, squidoo lens, or weebly.

10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I haven't used weebly much but I looove Squidoo ... [​IMG]

11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

In my experience, Wordpress blows Blogger out of the water. You would think that Blogger would get better results since Google owns it, but that is simply not the case...

12. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

MyOwnBoss: The main problem I have with the free services is that you don't own them. That means you need to watch the TOS because a change can put you in the position of suddenly having a blog that is "illegal" and scrambling to get it compliant. Additionally, with your own domain and hosting, you have a property that's building value as you add content. This value you can get back out of it by selling the blog and domain if you choose to abandon the project.

Yes very true and not a lot realise this !

Thanks !

13. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

getagrip: In my experience, Wordpress blows Blogger out of the water. You would think that Blogger would get better results since Google owns it, but that is simply not the case...

I agree. Wordpress ownz. [​IMG]

14. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

I have a couple of blogs with blogger and they seem to be drawing steady amounts of low traffic! I recently tried to creat another blog with wordpress and found it extremely confusing. I am pretty computer knowledge savy but it just wasn't for me i guess. If you are a newbie i suggest blogger to get going!

15. 040107

040107 Member

You will have more control and customizations with your own hosted Wordpress. [​IMG]

16. Dimasalang

Dimasalang New Member

@MyOwnBoss, WordPress also allows you to own a domain. For just 14.95 per year, you can have your own domain without that .wordpress.com thing. The bad side is the when you registered your domain at WordPress you'll have to agree on their conditions. The worst is that they don't allow you to post any advertisements and referral links. Which I really hate because I do affiliate marketing. It burned my $14.95. [​IMG]

Blogger as what you've said also allows you to own a domain. The price is $10 per year but I don't know if they allow advertisements and such. All I know is that they allow Adsense. I just hope blogger is not as worse as WordPress in domain registering.

For best results, it's better to register domains outside WordPress and Blogger. GoDaddy is OK. You can register your domain for just $10 a year.

Domain Registering and Hosting are two different things. [​IMG]

17. Seth

Seth New Member

i vote for wordpress

18. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

I like Wordpress all the way. Easy to navigate on the back end and seems to be more customizable.

19. Flipper

Flipper New Member

I think i am finding Blogger easier to use but i suppose that's just me.

20. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

I prefer Wordpress to Blogger, Just because there's more available features like Plug-ins, great-Widgets and Permalinks which add a great deal of functionality to your Blog. In addition, It's great for Blog promotion.

By the way I you know can add adsense to your blog, via the Popshops plug-in.