Blogging

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by BeautyMomAlice, Jun 11, 2013.

1. BeautyMomAlice

BeautyMomAlice New Member

I read many write about keep a blog and such. I don't understand blogging. How do you start and what do you include in a blog. I see these blogs with thousands of followers. How do spread the word of your blog?
  2. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Alice I am new to blogging also but from what I have read it is an expression of who you are as a person. You don't spam or blatantly promote your offer people will be turned off. Most people don't go to a forum to see advertisements or to hear a sales pitch. Its about genuinely engaging in the conversation. Don't try to disguise it as an advertisement people will know and it will be a turn off. After a while you then can post a link to your website in your signature. Offer advice help one another. Start out with a short sentence then keep doing it and you will get better. Good Luck!
    payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

There are many free places to create blogs.

Google's Blogger/Blogspot is just one example.

To spread the word, join different forums, social networks, other sites, etc. where people might share an interest in your topic. Cripley is 100% correct. Don't spam or blatantly promote. It does turn people off.

Contribute to the topic of the discussions and participate. Many sites allow you to have a link in your signature and some may have a special section to promote things too.
  4. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Here is a good lesson for blogging use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends! That It.
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

When you have your own blog, you can start to write about anything. Although this is a free strategy to increasing your website rank in Google, there is no guarantee that you will get noticed and succeed. You literally need 100's if not 1000's of blog post that are useful to get some great traffic from Google.

If you want faster results, I would look into PAID ads.
  6. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I blog! I have to disagree with Talfighel that you need 100's or 1000's of blog post to get good traffic. I mean that sure does help and up your odds, but I have gotten hundreds of visits per day on one blog post alone. My best performing blog is relatively new and it gets close to a thousand hits a day and it only has about 25 posts so far. Not bad for a new blog. I spend a lot of time on keyword research, needless to say.

I have several blogs, but mainly two that I focus on. Both are in a very targeted niche! I have banners and links to my own products and a few other products that I love there and that is how I make money!

Blogs are a platform for affiliate marketing!
  7. sue lowry

sue lowry New Member

I still don't understand the concept of blogging....is it just daily postiing???? I have a business page, do i do it there or where???? I'm confused, somebody please help.
  8. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey Sue!

Blogging is simply writing articles about whatever you want. It can be your daily life, products that you are interested in or news from around the globe.

This so-called blogging generates traffic if you have your blog indexed in Google ( look for SEO ) and gets readers to your blog that might subscribe... Become a following.
    They might share your content with your friends, and so forth which makes you become more popular and gets you more readers.

Hit me up if you want to know more ;)
    Cheers,
    Aron Prins
    robinincarolina likes this.
  9. KB24

KB24 Member

Having a blog you can write about anything you want. You can also make money on ypur blog by joining affiliayte programs.. the products have to be relevant to what your blog is about though..
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Robin! Hi. :)

So glad to see you are doing well. I kinda jumped off the SEO and blogging wagon for awhile after google had released their zoo animals. Sold my websites even. :oops:

I still have a few blogs tho that have some nice age to them so I am thinking about sprucing them up a bit and adding some content to them again.... might as well as I am paying hostgator ten bucks a month to host them! I got involved with more traditional stuff again - more people contact, etc... and am loving it.... funny how we kinda have our seasons!
    robinincarolina likes this.
  11. mattji

mattji New Member

The best way to get and keep lots of traffic coming to your blog is to regularly post entertaining, useful, and timely content. That makes people want to keep coming back and tell others about it.

A blog can be about most anything. Something you're interested in, passionate about even, that you can create compelling and unique content (articles and/or videos) on a regular basis. Find out the issues that concern people in your subject area and write about those issues.

To spread the word about your blog, there are several ways. Facebook ads are effective to get publicity for your blog. Forums are another way. Like others who post here are doing, make useful posts in forums and include a link to your blog in your signature. Twitter is another place to do that. Pinterest images are a third way to publicize your blog.

Finally, Youtube is an increasingly popular and effective way of getting publicity. Post Youtube videos related to your subject and include a link to your blog. Videos can rank well in Google and generate more traffic to your blog.
  12. Edver

Edver New Member

Blogger.com is a good place to get started as you don't incur any start up costs, just begin on writing on a subject you already know something about and are interested in until you learn the basics :)
  13. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

In addition to letting people know who you are and where your passion lies, blogging is also a great way to help people by sharing valuable information that pertains to whatever "niche" the blog content is a part of.

This "helping others" approach also positions you as an authority resource, which will create visitors that keep coming back. There are a few bloggers that I visit almost daily because their content is so good ... I am their fan for sure, and I would be inclined to review anything that they may recommend.

Blog frequently, spread the word via social media and build your brand and community. An approach I was taught that is immune from any algorithm changes that the search engines may implement.
  14. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

The best part I like about blogging (and I know I have work on getting better and good quality) Is that there really isn't anything technical about it. You just have to be consistent and most people who do internet marketing think they should only blog about their topic and that is not true. It's about who I am as a person, my passions, my ideas, and what makes me go. Today I was thinking about all my friends who I have lost contact which make me sad but also thankful I knew them because they helped me shape who I am.
    Just2EZ likes this.
  15. John Liew

John Liew New Member

Many Internet marketers use blog to get targeted traffic. The most important thing
    Is they use blog to build trust and relationship with readers, so that readers will
    Buy what they recommend or spread the words to get more traffic to their blog!

Content is the most important part of successful blog. Only good and useful content
    Will attract more and more readers ....

However, you need to be consistent ... Write 1 or 2 posts on daily/weekly basis so that
    You have more fresh content to build a successful blog

I personally not really blogging, I am bit lazy, so I start a site with a simple landing page
    And recommend my leads to visit my team leader's blog, and make some money with the blog!

Hope help!