Blogs

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Randolph Ellis, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Randolph Ellis

Randolph Ellis New Member

Are they still relevent or would my time be better spent on Social networking? Twitter, Facebook etc. and maybe You Tube.

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Blogs are more relevant today than they were 10 years ago, and so is social networking, for that matter. But to separate the two and focus on one over the other, as your question suggests, is short-sighted. They each offer different advantages and serve different purposes. The trick is to figure out the most effective way to use them together to advance your cause.

Hermas

emaculate1 and FreeCashMan like this.
  3. Adrian

Adrian Member

I agree with A8ch. Blogs are very relavant and extremely powerful. A blog will help you to build your brand and grow a solid following. I would use social media to aid your blog. Soical media + Blogging= stronger web reputation.
    Which can lead to some form of achievements in the long run.

4. Randolph Ellis

Thanks Guys. I guess I was just being lazy and trying to avoid blogs...

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I see it this way. Blogs/Websites are your permanent addresses. Youtube, social networking, etc. are ways to promote your permanent addresses. One cannot just build an identity from social networking platforms alone.

6. jamess

jamess Member

Social Networking is the current trend in SEO. So use facebook, twitter, youtube etc.. to increase PR and traffic..

7. Randolph Ellis

8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Blogs are still very relevant. And you can spend some time on Social Networking: Twitter, Facebook etc. and maybe You Tube to drive quality targeted traffic to those blogs.

It's possible to make it all work together. :)

robinincarolina likes this.
  9. Randolph Ellis

So I am trying to figure out how to do my blog ro get referrals. My plan is to get a domain name ( I havent figured the name out yet) and have different tabs. One tab will be to promote my business and another tab will be something like providing tips for something ( not sure what that is yet). Thats all I have now...how does that sound for a starting point?

10. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I had to take a long look at starting a blog, but decided it would be a beneficial extension to my business. I just set it up this month and am excited I was accepted by Technorati. I've got, I think, 16 posts so far. I've had my first search hit from Bing (they beat out Goggle), and am waiting to for hits through Google. I have a free giveaway going on and I've gotten a lot of traffic from that. I combined FB and twitter advertising to promote that, and it worked very well. I'm glad I started the blog. I wanted to keep things simple, so I went back to Blogger, and I was pleasantly surprised at some of the changes they have made. I'm actually enjoying it and looking forward to using it to expand beyond what I can do on Facebook.

11. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Blogs allow you to personalize your approach. Moreover if you have your content on your own blog you control it. Always remember the social network content posting is subject to the owner's satisfaction. A many of people have had their accounts suddenly close without recourse.

12. Blogging is the way to go. It's the fundament of a successful online business.
    Social Networking is a useful supplement.

13. mreese601

mreese601 Member

all depends on what your goals are. If you would like to make a ton of money have a blog create value in the market place and use the social sites to drive traffic too your blog. But you would want a present on each site.

14. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

I agree with everyone here. Blogging and social networking are not just important for online success. They're essential. Facebook alone is a huge marketing tool.

15. o2bnocn123

o2bnocn123 New Member

Thanks for this information everyone.

16. whitney black

whitney black Member

Blogs are still very relevant, but they should be teamed up with social media for a better effect at branding and getting the word out there about yourself. Blogs will probably never die, they're still a very social way to connect with people online and share information.

BuyYourOwnHouse likes this.
  17. BuyYourOwnHouse

BuyYourOwnHouse New Member

If you're going to spend your time anywhere, spend it on a blog! They search engine optimize better than anything else out there, you will build a following of people who know, like, and trust you, and will therefore be more inclined to buy your product or service, and it is fun to blog about things you're passionate about.

In most cases, you can set up a blog for free too, making it an even more attractive form of advertising.

Canasian8 likes this.
  18. gpricejr

gpricejr New Member

If you look at internet marketing as a house Blogging is the foundation you build the house on. It a good place to start.

19. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

Use every media you can :cool:

20. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey Randolph!

Every opportunity to publish your material around the web is relevant!
    Did you know you can link social media accounts together? That way, you post on 1 network and it automatically posts it to your other social media accounts that you've connected.

You could use twitterfeed.com e.g. to hook your Blog, Twitter & Facebook account together!

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Aron Prins

payment proof likes this.