blogspot or squidoo?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by laurisuk, Feb 26, 2009.

1. danishk

danishk New Member

laurisuk
    laurisuk
    Obviously its blogger, which is more popular than any other platform

2. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

I started my business on a blogspot blog. It was great, and a notable positive is that although my content was a little bit edgy, they never once bothered me about anything.

Squidoo on the other hand just shut down all my lenses for no specified reason. Very negative experience there.

Just based on personal experience, I would recommend blogspot for sure. And of course, it's not very expensive to get your own domain, install Wordpress, and actually own your website.

3. Jen80

Jen80 New Member

I believe when it comes to authority it's squidoo. Though blogspot is very user friendly [​IMG]

4. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

Why not just have a blog on the same domain of your website? This way you own the asset, and it helps bump your SEO and authority even more.

5. miller111

miller111 New Member

6. There's something about Squidoo that, unlike other platforms, I really enjoy. At least I am creating links back to my important pages. So if nothing more than that, it is an enjoyable asset.

I've used blogspot before, and can't say that I enjoyed the experience actually. Since Google owns it, I think that it should have much more functionality, than it does. :)

7. Jenny Writes

Jenny Writes New Member

I used them both. The only difference i guess is that Squidoo is very strict in contents. It should be original and some unusual words are not allowed. While Blogspot, it's really pretty simple and very friendly to use. They allows copied articles but of if ever we will do that, lets not forget to put together the url source.

-Jennifer