Bob Cefail's bashing last night - what's the scoop?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by mrich87, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Good morning everyone,

I had a dream last night that a lady near the end of the call who was asked if she had any questions completely bashed Bob Cefail. I believe she said something like "He is making it seem like he IS ASD!"

Then I woke up and realized that the Tigers didn't lose to Cleveland last night and it wasn't a dream.... this lady definately said something along those lines.

Does anyone know what she was talking about?

Mike
  2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

No I have no idea what YOU are talking about.....[​IMG]
  3. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

luvtravel: No I have no idea what YOU are talking about.....

To clarify.... on Tuesday night's ASD conference call a comment was made by some woman re: Bob Cefail. She seemed to be throwing him under the bus and I was just curious if anyone had any additional information as to why she would do that?

Mike
  4. Shannanrohde

Shannanrohde New Member

I believe she thought there was some bad blood with Bob and ASD, Granted I dont know the whole story to it, but I do know she was saying something along the lines of Bob and "The New ASD". Said something about being unethical as well.

Just what I heard. I would not even worry about it to tell you the truth.
  5. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Bob Cefail's Intouch Marketing is doing Webinars to help ASD members market ASD using his marketing techniques.

InTouchMedia (I don't know if it's a 100% break-up) is no longer affiliated with ASD. Bob is an ASD member.

If you go to the InTouchMarketing website, there is a whole section on Marketing ASD.

That's about it. Not sure what the fuss is.
  6. alasycia

alasycia New Member

The "fuss" was simply that the member who asked the question, was concerned that InTouch were implying that they are still representing ASD when sending their emails out.

I.e. when they stopped working with ASD, they continued to use the same contact list that they used when they did work them. We have to opt out - rather than opt in to a new one.

I think she just felt that Bob Cefail was misrepresenting the position of In Touch, which may have a certain justification.

Bob is still a member of ASD and the conferences he now gives are, unless I have misunderstood the situation, on his own behalf. They are useful to some members, but are no longer "official" and form part of his own promotion programme.

I didnt hear it as a "bashing question". Bob's style does not represent the philosophy of ASD and many people feel that it should be clearer that the association, other than having a membership, no longer exists.
  7. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Thanks for your responses! It cleared it up for me....

Mike
  8. freddy

freddy New Member

>>She seemed to be throwing him under the bus and I was just curious if anyone had any additional information as to why she would do that?