Bodybuilding

Discussion in 'Health' started by Seth, May 17, 2008.

1. Seth

Seth New Member

anyone here into bodybuilding or martial arts = ) ..
  2. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

I'm training a bit with martial arts... why?
  3. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I've been weight training for many years but I'm not into building. I'm on the maintenance plan it's much easier.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I used to be really into weight lifting - lately I've just been focusing on general fitness like riding my bike, doing push ups, and doing abdomal exercises. I probably head back to the gym to hit the weights when it starts getting cold again - for now, I'm trying to enjoy the warm weather outside! [​IMG]
  5. PennyWise

PennyWise New Member

I hear ya on the weather bit!

I just got back inside from a lovely night swim! :-D Nothing like it!
  6. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

I compete in bodybuilding
  7. brandon123

brandon123 New Member

Yes, I'm into ALL NATURAL BODYBUILDING. No HGH or Steroids. I love the sport and just lifting wieghts period. I like internet marketing, but fitness/bodybuilding is my number one passion.

Brandon
  8. marhug

marhug New Member

I am a bit into martial arts from last 6-7 months and have also been doing some weight training.
  9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

getagrip: I probably head back to the gym to hit the weights when it starts getting cold again - for now, I'm trying to enjoy the warm weather outside!
    Recently I discovered that the more muscle mass you have, the more fat you will burn while resting...so, I surprized myself and have been doing both cardio and weight training, despite the warm weather. I wouldn't have predicted this a few months ago!
  10. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

getagrip: Recently I discovered that the more muscle mass you have, the more fat you will burn while resting
    I don't understand what any of that means. [​IMG]
    "Muscle", "mass" and "fat" are not words
    that could be used to describe me. My
    fitness regimen consists of riding my bike
    and doing pull-ups, push-ups and such.

Works for me!

Hermas
  11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Seth,

I'm into martial arts and bodybuilding. I'm also into swimming, rowing, bike riding, and jogging. In my youth I did boxing and wrestling too.

Is there a point to your post?

~Newbie Shield~
  12. Dr_Boo

Dr_Boo New Member

Trained like a madman for nearly a decade in Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Escrima, and a bit of Karate and Aikido. Earned a 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Now I have the bad knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, torn back muscles, chipped tooth, aches, pains, limp, and handicap parking placard to show for it. [​IMG]
  13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Dr_Boo: Now I have the bad knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, torn back muscles, chipped tooth, aches, pains, limp, and handicap parking placard to show for it.
    At least you've retained your sense of humor. [​IMG]

Hermas
  14. nanlar

nanlar New Member

I am not much into the muscle mass but I do try to achieve that cut look. I do plenty of reps of each excercise. I also eat plenty of lean meats. To enhance the look.
  15. getreffs

getreffs Guest

Bodubuilding is very good for good healt. It can make strong our body.
    But i don't know that why some people are afraid from it.
  16. Mr_Enigma

Mr_Enigma New Member

Hello, All:

This is my first post on this forum, but I'll attempt to make it as concise as possible.

I currently bodybuild and train with Kettlebells. I also practice Wing-Chun. I also enjoy riding my bike during the summer months for cardio.
  17. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

18. bookguy

bookguy New Member

Hi! I just registered, and am new to the forum. I am into the martial arts (BJJ and Judo, mainly), and kickboxing. I train with weights, mainly kettlebells for conditioning. Looking forward to talking with people!
  19. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

In order to build muscle, you need to eat dramatically increase your caloric intake. you also must left heavy, really heavy, weights. You have to put your body in a position that forces it to respond. If you train and eat within your comfort zone, your body will have no reason to respond or change as a consequence.