Books to read?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by riftarawahm, Feb 24, 2015.

1. riftarawahm

riftarawahm New Member

I just picked up Steve Harvey's Act Like A Success Be A Sucess and I'm loving it, was hoping I could get some more good motivation/success books. So what is your favorite?

2. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

I have many favorites but the 2 books that have inspired me the most in the last few years have to be - Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kyosaki and Beach Money by Jordan Adler

There are many out there that can transform your way of thinking, just gotta read at least 10 pages a day!

payment proof likes this.
  3. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

My two personal favorites would be ''The Secret'' by Rhonda Byrne and ''Think and Grow Rich'' by Napoleon Hill. I highly recommend reading these two books, especially to those who have doubts and lack motivation and inspiration in life.

payment proof likes this.
  4. JohnC

JohnC New Member

I love the books mentioned so far.

For me I had self made barriers based on my fears and I felt that I had to get over those barriers before I could really start pursuing my goals and dreams.

To me working on yourself and continuously improving is like building a tower or pyramid, you've got to have a strong and stable base before you can reach higher levels. So for me I had to face many of my fears and I need help with that. To illustrate if you read a bunch of business books while you still have anxiety and fear talking to people and then try to enter the market you will likely run home after a few rejections from clients or mistakes on your part. This was definitely my experience.

This all started to change after listening to Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers. To me this was the base of my tower and helped me to continue building skills on top of my base. In the CD Susan says that fear is inevitable and that even those that appear fearless in their actions have some level of fear associated with their lives. The secret about your fears is that if you don't face them you will live in a fearful and powerless life. I can't recommend this CD (and she has a book with the same title) enough.

Sam Britton and payment proof like this.
  5. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

I love the stable base thing John. Mine was 'you can heal your life' by Louise Hay. This book got me moving in the right direction years ago.

6. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

I always recommend these two The slight Edge and the Compound Effect. They are kinda similar but gives you a solid foundation you can build on.

7. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

To me they are the missing link in The Secret!