Building your first lens...How did you do it?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by robbadobba82, Aug 29, 2011.

1. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

So, How did you guys do it?

Did you just blitz it and build the whole thing in one sitting or did you build it over several days? I am building my first one now and I want it to be perfect so I haven't published it yet. I'm really anxious to get it up and start making money from it but I want it to be a quality site. I guess I'm looking for a timeframe, how long does it take you guys/gals to create lenses? Do you do it over the course of a few days or all at once?

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

My first one took me several days but once you have the hang of it, you can build one in a few hours or less, if you don't have to do too much research for your content. Don't be afraid to go ahead and publish it. You won't get that much traffic right away and you can always keep tweaking it and adding to it, then republishing it.

Have fun. [​IMG]

4. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

Thanks MountainMom! I was debating just going ahead and publishing it so I can see what traffic is like. Then I can just keep tweaking, yay!

5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

robbadobba82: Did you just blitz it and build the whole thing in one sitting or did you build it over several days?
    My first lens took me several days to complete. First I had to learn how to use the various tools in order to present the lens the way I had envisioned it.

Then I took my time putting it together.

robbadobba82: I am building my first one now and I want it to be perfect so I haven't published it yet.
    It'll never be perfect. Perfection is always just out of reach. Do the very best that you can and then publish it. You'll get constructive feedback from visitors that could help you improve it over time.

Hermas

6. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

My first one took days. Now I can build one in less than an hour after I have completed my keyword research. I start the same way every time and then add to it later and republish.

I still use pot pie girls formula which I now have practically memorized.

I start with 3 text modules, a guest book and a link list. If I have a relevant blog, I add the rss feed module and feed my blog into it, which generates more traffic to my blog as well.

As time goes by, I check the stats to see what keywords are bringing in organic traffic and I tweak the lens. I may even create a new text module built around a certain keyword, and republish. This almost always results in an increase in traffic.

I love Squidoo!

7. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Squidoo can be really awesome to get some traffic and a quality backlink from. The only thing that frustrates me personally are all the guidlines you have to go through when posting one.