Business etiquette??

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by molyda, Oct 30, 2008.

1. molyda New Member

I was thinking about starting my own business etiquette course program. I'm evaluating the demand in my local area.

It could be home-based for admin stuff. And as for classes, I suppose I can take my living room or the family room in the basement. Or I can rent out a meeting room in a hotel depending on how many sign ups I have.

What do you think?
  2. pcwork New Member

Depends on where you stay - in a city or a town.
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi molyda,

I think it's an admirable thing to do and I hope that you have enough demand in your area.

It can't hurt to prepare a class and it shouldn't cost much to promote it. I think it's worth a try.

If it tanks in your home town, you can try elsewhere. Give some consideration to how you brand it. Be sure to stress the benefits rather than simply advertising it as "Business Etiquette Class"

Know your target market and speak directly to their hearts. Create a desire by making it an attractive opportunity.

Even if brick and mortar fail, consider creating a website.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes :)

~Newbie Shield~
  4. molyda New Member

I live in the city, capital of Canada actually.

I was considering taking a business etiquette course to be a certified trainer. Not sure yet... About $4,000CAD

Before making the investment, I'd rather find out the demand first and sort of building a business plan.

Nowadays, with the power of internet and online meeting (GoMeeting, Adobe Connect, etc.) you are no longer limited geographically! I can certainly give those training online as well! Of course, the interaction is different...

Oh well... only at the stage of considering the option.