Butterflies....

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by mountainmom5, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have been in and out of network marketing, mlm, internet marketing, affiliate marketing... you name it, I have probably done a version of it. lol

And for most of those years I really tried hard to make it work. Some things I did okay, and others not so much. One NM company I was with I would probably have done okay eventually but the economy hit and because of the nature of it, I quit.

But throughout most of those years I missed so much of LIFE. I put my businesses before my kids... before my marriage... before relationships... and I have decided that no amount of money can ever take the place of those kinds of things.

I have a new motto now that I am trying to both live by and build a business with and it's the butterfly motto.

" We can chase that butterfly all over the field in hopes of catching it... OR we can relax, enjoy the field and let the butterfly come to us..."

It's much more enjoyable this way!
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
    the master calls a butterfly."

from Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach
    payment proof likes this.
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Good stuff.

All you need to get that going is to have ads online that work for you to capture sales so you can just work 30 minutes per day making sure that everything is running for you instead of you working for hours and hours.
  4. @HomeFree

@HomeFree New Member

Strategy, consistency and making weekly goals is all you need. Stay organized and your business will grow while you enjoy life!
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I agree completely and that's a great philosophy. It's all about using the winds and currents of nature to row your boat gently down the stream of life, effortlessly, while you explore, experience and enjoy the great adventure.

Hermas
    Just2EZ likes this.
  6. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Love the Motto! i do it myself! :)

A little hard for the people who are starting out to do this but I'm sure they'll get to that level in no time :)
  7. Ktpayers

Ktpayers New Member

Cool motto. I would have never neglected my family to build a network marketing business since its designed to be done around your time. I simply work for 2 hours a day 4 days a week on my business. Even when i first started this occupation i worked out my hours that way. I was not going to allow it to consume me, but i was going to make sure I succeed.
  8. skydancer

skydancer Banned

Really, just 30 minutes a day. And all this time I thought it would take at least an hour to make a million. Thanks for the time line.

Skydancer
    mountainmom5 likes this.
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

chuckling....
    giatki likes this.
  10. Aaliya Thunder

Aaliya Thunder New Member

Hey MountainMom5,

I truly understand where you are coming from. This is why I personally HATE Multi-Level Marketing as well as Network Marketing. It is because unless you are at the TOP of the chain, you are forced to slave like a dog just to survive. I am thankful that I had an awesome mentor who steered me away from this early often.

He taught me that smart people create MLM companies by teaching the people under them to do the "grunt work" of cold-calling, going door to door, etc. While they just sit back at home and reap the majority of the profits.

Although it is very lucrative for the creator, it is not so lucrative for the REP (worker).

But the point in working online is to FREE up more of your time. Anything that does not do this is not truly Internet Marketing, but it is rather a cruel Job!

The Internet allows for automation of these tasks which makes the life of marketers (like us) much easier!

So I agree with you, don't let life pass you by while you chase butterflies....

But walk down to the Pet store and buy the butterfly from someone who spent their life chasing them! :)
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I guess all our experiences are different... I used to think like you do, but after spending many hours learning about internet marketing and how to 'work online' to free up my time and actually making some decent money at it... and losing most of it overnight due to some changes made in search engine algorithms... I have learned that there is no security in trusting my income to the internet, search engines and Google! .....and regardless what your mentor told you, the online gurus are doing the same thing that he accuses the mlm leaders of doing!

MOST of the online gurus are marketing ebooks that they want people like us to market for them.... and very few of those "folks like us" succeed.

The failure rate is high in both scenarios... and I believe the main reason for that is because 95% of folks that get into either mlm or internet marketing have a false expectation on what it's all about.

Neither one is a get rich quick deal.

If it did NOT take consistent work and effort, everybody and his brother would be making millions already!

So anyways - I shall step down off my soapbox now. I don't think butterflies are much attracted to dramatic soapbox speeches! hehe
    giatki likes this.
  12. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

The irony here is that the 'smart people' did the 'grunt work' once upon a time and have paid their dues. They have earned the right to sit at the top and teach others how to do what they did.

But both camps need each other to complete the circuit. And since Multi-Level Marketing and Network Marketing are all about duplication, the enterprising grunt worker can learn from the company founders, follow their lead and teach others how to do the grunt work. This way they could eventually sit back and reap the majority of the profits from their down line.

I agree too! Life doesn't have to pass you by while you are on the chase, you can always make the choice to smell the flowers along the way.

While purchasing the butterfly from the pet store may be an expedient solution, that action is devoid of the thrill, adventure and experiential knowledge that accompanies the satisfaction of the chase that ends in a successful catch.

Hermas
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    mountainmom5 likes this.