Can a Blogger make big bucks from home just purely with selling Affiliate products ?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by discrat, Aug 28, 2013.

1. discrat

discrat Member

I have done relatively well in blogging the last few years by selling affiliate products.

I know some of the really big name bloggers say you have to create your own product to really hit that astronimical figure of maybe say 40 or 50K a month. You know sell it your self and get other affiliates on board to sell it too.

Well, in the last couple of months I came across a guy by the name of Pat Flynn ( you can Google him ) who up until a few weeks ago was pulling in over 50K per month every month with just selling affiliate products. ( yes he did make other income on top of this from things like Adsense, I-phone Apps, Amazon Kndle etc...)

He did finally create his first product ever just recently by the urging on from readers.

But I think it is pretty cool to realize that we all do not have to create our own products and ebooks to be highly successful in Blogging ;)
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I'm a fan of Pat Flynn, too. He's a transparent guy who is doing a great job online. Affiliate marketing is still a good way to make decent income, but the options are variable. If you have a high ticket item that earns a good sized commission, you'll be able to make a lot more money with fewer sales.

You'll also find that if you promote products that have recurring payments you'll do even better.

Regardless of whether you choose affiliate marketing or advance to selling your own products, there are great opportunities for making income online if you put in the focused effort and time that is needed.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio New Member

I certainly believe a blogger can make good money by simply promoting affiliate products. However, I will say that a blog is all about writing, isn't it? If you can maintain a blog you can certainly write a good short e-book that can be used to build a list for e-mail marketing.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Blogging and providing content for link minded people is a good thing. Marketers of products can do well, along with home business networkers.
  5. Art

Art New Member

Pat Flynn is one of the guys, John Chow is another one. He is considered as the No1 IM Blogger in the World and apparently makes arounf $40,000 per month only with his blog. He has a product that teaches you how he did it...
    Good luck :)
    Art
  6. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Absolutely yes. If you just keep doing it, and start making good money, you figure out that yes, you can teach others how to as well or you may find a niche that you can teach others about. One of my affiliates is beginning to figure out that the niche she chose happens to be something many want to learn to do and her product is being created as I type this.

Get good at what you do and then you can teach others what you do and your new product is born and a new source of income as well.
  7. discrat

discrat Member

You know Art, maybe this might sound like I am being a little unfair and trying to start a commotion, but I just find Pat Flynn more authentic.

Maybe that is unfair. I have read John's for awhile. And a lot his blog it is just rehashed posts he continues to write.

I have only been at Flynn's blog a couple of months and seemed to have gained more in those months than at Chow's for years.

Do not get me wrong, just by looking what Chow has done to achieve that monthly income is a great example you can learn from.

But Flynn takes it a step above. I know in his List auto resp. follow up messages he makes it a point to NOT sell any products
  8. discrat

discrat Member

To me I think this is key in Blogging. You do not have to be word aWorld renowned expert on a topic to succeed at Blogging.
    Just concentrate on putting in some time and work to learn about your chosen niche.Hopefully you have passio about it.

And over a period of time you can acquire have a deep knowledge of it and actually sell your knowledge via affiliate products to help those trying to do the same thing.
    robinincarolina likes this.
  9. Art

Art New Member

Hey discrat,
    Well to be honest I enjoy Pat's blog more than John's as well :)
    He seems like a real genuine guy that loves what he does and makes some money with it as a result!
    John's blog has a lot more 'business approach' feeling to it.
    And by the way, John will review your product on his blog only for $500 if you need some exposure :)
    Art
  10. Katie322

Katie322 New Member

I've always wondered that too. I've come across many bloggers who review a range of different products from companies/small businesses. Do these companies ask people to test their product or do bloggers have to go out of their way to ask to review a product? I've never understood it. I find it really interesting.