Can I check someone else's Squidoo visits somehow?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by jadimon, Apr 27, 2009.

1. jadimon New Member

Fairly new messing around in Squidoo so this may be an easy question, but here goes:

I would like to start a full-on campaign around a keyword phrase and during my research, I found a very nice lens already on topic. I can see where this lens is ranked, but not the visits.

What should I look for to gain info regarding the visits or possibly success of this lens?

I see the rank, but that's about it.

Thanks,

James
  2. jay284 New Member

Besides asking the lensmaster? It's probably impossible. If not, I have not heard of a way to get the exact numbers of my competition.

The closest thing you will get may be to run an Alexa rank check. Even then, I think Alexa will return data about the whole squidoo domain and not just a specific lens.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

jadimon: What should I look for to gain info regarding the visits or possibly success of this lens?
    Quite frankly, James, if you know that you have a pretty good chance of success with your keyword, then just build your campaign. [IMG]

A good way to see if that other lens already ranks in Google for YOUR keyword phrase is to google your phrase... Google will only show up to 2 Squidoo lenses per search so if there are no lenses on the first two pages, then the other lens is not optimized correctly for your keyword. That way you know you have nothing to fear.

If your competing lens DOES, in fact show up on the first page, you may want to change your keyword just a little.

Hope that all makes sense...[IMG]
  4. jadimon New Member

mountainmom5: Google will only show up to 2 Squidoo lenses per search so if there are no lenses on the first two pages, then the other lens is not optimized correctly for your keyword. That way you know you have nothing to fear.
    That actually makes a LOT of sense as to why other lenses of mine aren't showing up in Google on other topics.

Glad I asked. Thanks![IMG]
  5. cherie27 New Member

Actually, squidoo lens and website are the same.
    You will need to do your keyword research first before building the pages.
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Jadimon,

I agree with M5 on the Google search idea. Only two lenses can show up for a given title on Google SERPs.

and check out:

www.squidaholic.com

It isn't perfect but it helps with topic feasibility. I think that the best part of the site is that it shows daily traffic.

Have fun,

~Newbie Shield~
  7. samda Member

Ha Ha. Its impossible. But you could predict that data. There are lot of websites like
    Alexa
    Statbrain
    Quantcast

The above websites works well for websites but not for lens unless the lens is quite popular.

Or use the rank checker firefox addon to find the ranking for particular keyword. This will give you some idea.
  8. A8ch Gold Member

jadimon: What should I look for to gain info regarding the visits or possibly success of this lens?
    James,

Only the lensmaster (or someone s/he authorizes) can access data
    relating to visits. Those stats are not available to the public. Sorry!

Hermas
  9. gridellas New Member

One way was already mentioned, by searching for the keyword for that lens in Google which the only surefire way you can tell, or you can look at where he is ranking in Squidoo. Now this number will not reflect when, where, how, or why he gets picked up Google, but it will give you an idea if he is being aggressive enough. If he is in the top 100 or close then that means he is trying to get noticed. If his numbers are dropping then that means he is not promoting very well and not keeping it fresh.

If the information goes stale then Google will not be interested.