Can money buy happiness?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jasvir

jasvir New Member

Yes and no !!!!......
    You may ask...Why yes..It can buy you happiness in a way that you can become free from worry. If you have money one dose not need worry about how the bills could be paid, or what you need and what you want you can go out and get, but one may not be contented with their life.
    You may ask ...Why no..If one is not contented with their life,and bring meaning to there life.ie one has 1million ??'s in the bank but does not do any thing good with it ,than what is the point of collecting all that money if you are doing it just for you .
    I think it is great to have money ,as long as one is making it for their loved ones and helping less fortunate than them self.That will bring meaning to ones life.
    jasvir

2. hechtd

hechtd New Member

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure helps...[​IMG]

3. narelleyeates

narelleyeates New Member

Ok so I see there has already been a winner announed, but I wanted to add my bit anyways.

Simply put, Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can give you options and broaden the choices you can make in life.

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

narelleyeates: Simply put, Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can give you options and broaden the choices you can make in life.
    Very well stated! And that fact alone contributes to the quality of happiness you experience.

Hermas

5. carlo808

carlo808 New Member

I say it provides additional happiness.

6. ucoxganteng

ucoxganteng New Member

CarolinaConsign

I agree with you money is not everything, happiness can not be bought with money

7. blossom

blossom New Member

No, only God can bring true happiness!! If we put Him first in our lives then He will supply our every need!! God Bless

8. Seth

Seth New Member

^i agree blossom : )

9. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

No, but it sure can relieve some stress.

10. BusyBee23

BusyBee23 New Member

No, it can't buy happiness but awhole lot of other things that make you happy!

11. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Money can buy happiness! But Happiness needs to be quantified and categorized because I can think of many things that money has allowed me to acquire that made me happy, very happy in fact.

Not that the concept of the above comments aren't on point, but I would not make a blanket statement that money can't buy happiness.

So money can buy happiness, but not all happiness can be bought[​IMG]

12. Taheinish

Taheinish New Member

FreeCashMan

I like the way that you put that and would have to agree with you there!

13. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Have you ever noticed that some people are never happy? Even when you try to cheer them up there is no way! Happiness is a state of mind not a financial condition! I was once in a comedy competition with seven other guys. The emcee was a professional comedian and he couldn't get a laugh. Why do 200 people go to a comedy competition to not laugh? They all had money because they had to pay to get in! The crowd was so bad that when I got on stage he told me "You have my sympathy!" When I did my routine a guy heckled a guy who heckled me. The guy who won made one person in the crowd giggle. He got a contract and money but he was happy because he was the only one who got a laugh. I will tell you this though, if I win this contest I will be $25.00 happier than if I don't!

14. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Hi Wayne, this contest is closed.

15. ramses

ramses New Member

Money can definately buy happiness. Stop eluding yourself. Ask the couple who cannot have children and who must pay $50,000 for just a "chance" for a fertility clinic to help them. The millionaire could
    easily afford 5 or 10 fertility clinic procedures leading to successful fertility, a child, thus happiness, and a feeling of fulfilling their purpose in life.

Money can also buy you additional time on earth,
    which can lead to having more time to find answers, resolve problems which can lead to happiness,
    joy, or fulfillment.

Money can also purchase many comforts, which can lead to
    less stress, conflict, and less pain thus giving you a sense of well-being or happiness.
    It is a well known fact, that wealthier people indeed have longer lives, their wealth easily providing the
    best medical care, the pick of the best organic foods and pure drinking and bathing water, etc. And as
    I mentioned, "Stress" which rapidly breaks down the body, is not something that wealthy people are
    immune to, but is something they can rise above with the help of their wallet, while other might
    drown in the dregs of stress., being overwhelmed by wave after wave of chronic bills, debt,
    rising food prices, rising rent and housing costs, rising gas price, travel costs, medical care, on and on and on on and on. Which the affluent person is total immune to.

The lack of money on the other hand in this materialistic world we live in, brings a whole host of
    problems for the average or needy that I cannot even begin to mention.

ramses

Just2EZ likes this.
  16. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Hi Ramses, I like what you said but if you read the last post by Vishal below my last post this post is closed. You're right though money can buy a happiness and that's what I said too.Unfortunately we were both too late.

17. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

No, money can't buy you happiness. Money is just a tool that can make life a little easier.

18. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I disagree, our society is fueled by money and if you can't pay your bills or eat right you'll be miserable. You can say whatever but having the basic essentials that one needs to be happy depends on having the money to buy them. I'm happier when I have money and I don't have any problems that money can't solve.

19. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

I hear what you're saying, Wayne. But there are some things in life that money just can't buy.

[Post edited. Full quote removed. - Admin]

20. WhatAShipIs

WhatAShipIs New Member

They say money can't buy happiness. But just try to frown on a wave runner.

-Daniel Tosh