Can you advise me on how to look for a right homebased job?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mariacaniedo, May 15, 2011.

1. Leslie Reitman New Member

The key to doing well in an online job is to be mentored/coached by someone who has been successful.

It all sounds good when the sites lure you and your dollars to sign up for a course that will make you a few hundred thousand in no time... but that's not the way it usually ends up.

See what is really being offered... Anyone who asks you for money up front is, in my opinion, more interested in profit than helping you out....However, the good news is that if you search, you will find what you are looking for...
  2. Jessica Hughey New Member

If you're looking for something that is salary based I would recommend Alpine Access. I worked for them for three years. They're a legitimate inbound call center. You just need a headset, computer and a nice quiet area. Really nice company.

Now that we're expecting a new baby, I've gone the way of network marketing because with a new little one around it won't be so quiet around here anymore. :LOL:
  3. Alpine Access is a great place to work. They are legitimate. Pay is not that high, but if you are good at your job you can move up quickly. They do give people the opportunity to be the best that they can be. If you are a stand out, meaning that you invest in learning and demonstrate your knowledge, you'll be noticed.

They have a metrics system of evaluation and they will be monitoring your performance from many different perspectives. So, always doing your best to answer calls, deliver information in the shortest amount of time, responding politely, and continuously interacting with the customer are important success drivers.

Their interviewing process can be rigorous, but persist. If you have some form of customer service or sales experience that would be best. In addition, if you have some home-based experience, that's a plus as well.

You'll need to make sure that your at home office is up to par. If you have computer issues, it would be best to solve that before or while you are in the process of applying. You will be paid only for the time that you are connected, so being connected with great broadband access is important.

Alpine Access has a variety of Fortune 500 clients, so success is in their future. It was recently acquired by Sykes Enterprises for $150 million, so it has been strengthened.

There are hundreds of companies that you can choose from to work from home. Alpine Access is just one.
  4. Dave Sweet New Member

I agree with nojobnoboss. There are many scams, and only a few opportunities which are genuine.It's a sad reflection on today's world that many unscrupulous people are only too willing to take advantage of the aspirations of what I call the 'Not 9 to 5' Brigade. The dreams of those wishing to work at home are often dashed before they even start properly!
  5. Brianna New Member

It has been a couple of months, have you seen any success with this?
  6. Wayne Miller Member

Most work at home jobs pay commissions and every company pays differently practically. Investigate, investigate, investigate. Then decide what you want to do. It's not easy to make money online and I recommend getting some training, I recommend getting a lot of training and then continuing to get as much as you can after that because the Internet is like the weather, it changes constantly. I got my first online store in 2002 and since then almost everything has changed. There wasn't social media marketing then like there is now. Good luck to you!
  7. miller111 New Member

Have you tried to register on special sites: such as oDesk, Elance, Freelancer.com etc. There are a lot of such stuff on the internet.
  8. The business trend is that companies, and even government agencies are beginning to see the benefits of having work at home employees and contractors on their payrolls. Opportunities to secure hourly and salary wages from legitimate companies are increasing significantly. Great news for work at home job seekers.

You always need to be careful, but you can find companies that support work from home staffing.
  9. TJ Reed New Member

I started out in affiliate marketing and now that's what I do full time. I like affiliate marketing because you can work with nearly any product, service or topic that interests you.

I reccomend finding a good affiliate program to teach you the ins and outs of the business and is inexpensive to help you get started.

Then, promote affiliate products that you care about. It is much easier to promote something you enjoy or care about. You will be spending a lot of time working on your business, so it should be something that interests you.

That is another reason I like affiliate marketing. It can be very low cost to get started and there are so many affiliate products out there to promote, that anyone can find one they like.
    Brian Joe Curry likes this.
  10. CoastalProfit New Member

Hi Mariacaniedo, Don't feel bad about being banned! I have been too in the past! It makes you go back and read the rules a little better! I am sure that many have been banned before they learned the tools to the trade!!! Smiles!

When looking for making money online, a person really needs to think outside the box! We have been so used to the job mentality and think that we should have someone paying us to work for them. However, when owing your own Home Business you are actually investing in yourself! The way I look at it, you can invest a little and make a little or you can invest more and be sure to make more for the same amount of money!

I just encourage you to find the right business for you that has the right pay plan for you! Don't be afraid to do your research! There is a lot of not so good but there really is a lot of very good! Trust your heart!

I do love what I am doing. It pays well! Feel free to check it out! And the best to you in your search!
  11. tkyles1009 Member

Well, I have to ask are you looking to go into business for yourself or were you just looking to work under someone?
  12. Wayne Miller Member

I love what I do! I recommend it to anyone who wants to work at home and be their own boss. The money can be good and there seems to be a secure future in it. Everyone has to do what they feel is best for them though!
  13. Maria, it would be best if you assess your skills first then find online jobs where you can use that skill. However, if you are looking for a home business, make sure that you do your research first. ;)
  14. UniqueB New Member

Research..
    Do LOTS and LOTS of research until you find out the right method for you.
    Usually when I find something that I'm interested in, I'd go on youtube and see how people liked it or find out if it was a scam or not. Just be careful though.
  15. Ray R Barmore New Member

Do you need a home based business that you can start part time and work into a full time position? There is a lot of money to be made with a home based business, but there are several things required.

1. You are going to have to work.
    2. You need a product that most people currently use.
    3. Your product must be better than the others.
    4. The company you are dealing with should be in business for at least 3 years.
    5. You need dedicated training
    6. Your sponsor will be by your side for the long term, not just long enough to sign you up.
    7. You need a plan

You may already know this, but you probably haven’t acted on these principals. Most people start something then give up because success didn’t happen immediately. You need to persevere and have a time table of 18 to 24 months.

It is very important to have a plan, goals and a timetable. Your goals should be daily, weekly, monthly and every 6 months. Also, review your goals at the end of the term. (daily, weekly, etc.) Sometimes you need to make small adjustments, sometimes you need major changes. Sometimes you just need to give what you are doing a little more time.

Also, it is very important to have a successful coach and mentor.

Hope this helps. I know this is a lot, but too many people start a home business thinking they will be rich next month.
  16. dawnrosie New Member

Hi Folks,
    Ray, I can tick all your points,
    1. You are going to have to work.
    2. You need a product that most people currently use.
    3. Your product must be better than the others.
    4. The company you are dealing with should be in business for at least 3 years.
    5. You need dedicated training
    6. Your sponsor will be by your side for the long term, not just long enough to sign you up.
    7. You need a plan

except the last one! How do I go about creating a plan?
  17. A8ch Gold Member

Start with a goal, and then work backwards to figure out what exactly you need to do at achieve that goal.

Example:

- Let's say you want to earn £1,000 a month.
    - Since there are 4 weeks to a month you'd need to earn £250 each week to meet that goal.
    - But I'm thinking in terms of a 5-day week because you need the weekends to enjoy your earnings.
    - So that means you must earn an average of £50 a day to meet your weekly figure.
    - Study your company's income plan and figure out different ways you can earn £50 a day.
    - Then just do it, and you will hit your £1,000-a-month mark every time. Guaranteed!

You can apply the same concept to any type of goal. And it helps to write your goals down so that you can read them often.

Reading the words helps to embed the belief in your subconscious, which automatically prompts your creativity to find ways to make it happen, which in turn causes the 'powers that be' to orchestrate the people, circumstances and conditions that are necessary to deliver your goal.

Try it! :)

Hermas
  18. dawnrosie New Member

hhhmmm when you break it down like that it doesnt seem so hard to achieve the goal of £1,000 per month. I just got my first order of products, sold £55s worth, I know Ive got another order of £18 with the girl at the local pub but have to go back on tuesday as the landlady wants to put in a bulk order. I went to the shops today to get my books back but didnt get any orders but half of them wanted to keep the books as they hadnt had a chance to look yet so that sounds promising.