Can You really make money at home or is it fake?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Babydoll2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. samesame

samesame New Member

there are endless possibilities on the net nowadays to make money. I actually found this article on the ABC news that lists all the possible choices if you want to work from home: from virtual customer service agent to professional blogger. I don't think too many people know about this stuff. Take a look at them and see what appeals to you most. this is the article http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Working9to5/Story?id=2621388&page=1

good luck
  2. ShadeCharm

ShadeCharm New Member

yes you can make money at home and online...not alot at first because you know there is no "get rich quick" the only way that happens is if you win the lottery or you have a rich uncle you don't know about...lol..took me time to find one that works and isnt a scam...
  3. ferlin

ferlin New Member

Yes, I believe this is true. My friend just works at home using the net and he earns money.
  4. matthemattrix

matthemattrix New Member

As many people have said, it is possible. It just takes a while to find your niche.

I now make a reasonable amount from home -- or rather, out of home -- with a flyer distribution service. It's not for everyone but I'd recommend it for people who want to supplement their income. Keeps me fit and it complements my online affiliate marketing efforts also.
  5. TheFishGuy1187

TheFishGuy1187 New Member

Dude, I'm talking to you out of experience, don't buy into that "Make Money At Home" garbage, and write this quote on your forehead so you won't forget, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is". Seriously, you have NO idea what I've been through with these money stealing crooks. Once you've gone through what I have with these so called "make 1,000 bucks in one day" schemes, you'll take a second, sit down, and just realize how truly disgusting some people are out there. You really think they're gonna help you make a "6-figure" income in a month? Heck no, these people just want your money! Lord...what is the world coming to these days.

But really, think about it. Wouldn't it be nice to just wake up in the morning, sit in your big office chair with your pajamas still on, turn on your computer while you sip a hot cup of coffee, and check your paypal account, and physically watch the money roll in? "So Mr. Millionaire, what's on the agenda today? Will you be playing World Of Warcraft all day, or will you drive around in your convertible, throwing dollar bills out the back, joyfully laughing the day away with your two hot blonde models like you did last week?" Hmmm...I mean, doesn't that just sound like the life to live, looking at all the store managers, stock brokers, cashier's, construction workers, etc just scurrying off to work, hoping one day they'll get their big break?
    Of course it would be! But you won't get anything near that if you keep sitting around all day, browsing the internet for legit work-at-home sites, while crying over the last time you got scammed by a previous site that promised you the American dream, but really just took your money and run!

Seriously, all the work-at-home sites, paid surveys, data entry jobs, etc. that you can name off the top of your head; you can say that they look pretty legitimate, but I guarantee you I will say differently. I guess I'm a real sucker for those kinds of opportunities over the internet, and have gotten scammed time and time again by websites that can help you earn "financial freedom". Due to the fact that my sister has gone legally retarded and needs my care, it was very necessary to find an at-home job so I can keep an eye on my sister while I work.

As much as it hurt me to see her throw her life away to drugs and alcohol, I offered her all the help I could...money, a car, interventions, councelling, support groups, offering to share my own house with her, you name it. So now, she can barely take care of herself, and out of love for my little sis, I decided to quit my high-paying Biotech job just to take care of her. Since then, I've been getting barely any sleep, trying to find work-at-home sites where I can be paid from my own home. Many wasted months were dedicated to finding some real, no BS sites to do some work on and get paid for it, but my findings have came up short. I can honestly tell you that so far, I've found out that 99% of these so-called work at home jobs are nothing but sick scams, created by only the most heartless and desperate of internet thieves. What a world we live in. I almost gave up, but then a light bulb shined. I devised a plan where I could get to the bottom of this fascination we all have with "get-rich-quick" programs, and find out if there really were any LEGITIMATE programs for making money.

I literally contacted the administrator of every get rich quick website I could find. Posing as an investor, I managed to convince the owners that I was seriously interested in purchasing their entire website and business. That way, once the dollar signs flashed in their heads, they would give me free access to their member's areas to review what I would be "buying" (pretty clever, eh? lol). Well, like I mentioned above, I was just disgusted with 99% of what I found. Many of the owners actually boasted about how many people bought their worthless programs. I repeatedly found things like; outdated information, non-working links, links leading to other sites that asked for more money, no help section, no contact info, and no real e-mail support.

Sick? Yes. Perfect waste of three months and $475? Very much so. But putting aside the bad, I actually would like to mention 3 sites that actually worked out for me. You can, I repeat, CAN, realistically make $100-$200 a day with these sites I've listed in below, but I advise you, these sites are LEGIT, so it's gonna take a little work, and a little time to start making some cash, just like any real job, except you'll be making incredible amounts of money! I first started using a product called 12 Month Millionaire, and it actually has methods used by a 26 year old convict who decided to start making something of himself, upon having been released from prison and given a second chance at life. And make something of himself he did! He first tells his story about how he was put in prison, why he was there, what he went through while being in prison, his release, and how he made 12 million dollars in a year. Did I mention the story should win an award? (I think I shed a few tears in the beginning of the story to be honest lol) Soon after I decided to try out the other two websites just for a little extra cash. Due to my hectic agenda, I have had very little time to use them, but still, I was able to make an extra $350 bucks in a month. I definitely recommend these two as well as the first. I'm sorry for the long post guys, but I feel it's time to speak the truth about the sites that just want your money, and the sites that want you to MAKE money. Thanks for your time. I also included my Discount ID so you guys can get $20 off on the first two and $10 on the last one.

Take care guys! And most of all have fun [​IMG]
  6. lalit7552

lalit7552 New Member

Well there are companies which really pay but now I think % of scams are higher and I think thats the reason you get struck with these scam websites.

Any way keep a hope ...
  7. thesurveygal

thesurveygal New Member

Just be sure to stay away from the get rich quick schemes.
    Anything to do with making money involves WORK, whether online or not. Research, research, research.

I personally make money doing a few Online surveys. But I only sign up for the legit companies, never for ones that ask for money. Also, I only do surveys for money and never sweepstakes and drawings.
  8. Chic

Chic New Member

hi there, newbie here. nice to see a forum that honours the life of people working from home who are genuine. I hope I can enjoy my stay here.
  9. lightnin2

lightnin2 New Member

You have to take a home business & work it like you would any other business.

There are many ways to market your site in many free ways
    ( this forum being one way )

I am very blessed to be able to supply the needs of my wife & 5 kids on my businesses & I don't spend that much extra money at all.

I do things like this forum.

You would be amazed at what potential they have.

I hope you find what your looking for.

God Bless
  10. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

You certainly can make a full time income working at home, but as many here have stated, it does take time and effort to find what is right for you and time needs to be spent on your business to do well. Look at the length of time in business, preferably 5 years or more, the quality of products, customer service, and will people assist you to work your business when you are new. I no longer will work MLM's but prefer Cooperative Marketing. However, everyone has their own preferences for what will work best for them. I notice alot on this forum also do well with affiliate marketing.
  11. sarpras

sarpras New Member

Yes, I spend 3 years on internet business at home. Now I will earn good income using Google Adsense program working on 3 hours per day. My part time job earns more than income of full time job.

I will plan to enter share trading on next month.
  12. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Yes, there definitely is a way to earn a good income, a second income, enough to pay bills, make a mtge payment, in other words you can control how much you earn, with the business I joined as I start my business with customers, than I follow a 3x25 success formula, and that's it.

Terri
  13. Salome25

Salome25 New Member

Hi Everyone I am new on here, but just want to say, YES I really think, believe and actually know, people can make money online. For starters my son and daughter actually did start a web site , took them a couple of years of very, very hard work. Steep learning curve, but they are starting to bring in some money. So it can be done with determination . I am trying myself to do a little website business, but it is really a challenge, just will keep pecking away at it and see what happens.
  14. bjade12

bjade12 New Member

My advice to you is look for a business that has a automatic follow up system.

I think you should really do your research over the internet. Yest there are a lot of scams out there, but you need to only join a program if you feel comfortable with it; and if you can afford their start up costs then go for it. However, with any internet business you must treat it as your business! You must fully believe what you are doing is something that you want to do.

NEVER think about those 'get-rich-quick' kind of programs. Again, did Donald Trump make his money overnight? You must work at your business and be willing to take calculated risks. As for me, I tried a home based company where one, you had to sell thier products by personally calling every lead. Two, you had to purchase a set amount of products every month, and three rely on yourself for proper training in that business. After being cussed at, hung up on, I realized that this opportunity was not for me and I hated trying to conviced people to buy a product, especially with no help in training.

So I found another opportunity that I am in love with. But my advice to you is to look for a busniess that

Has an established record.
    Has a product that is high in demand
    Has a good system that can follow up prospects and leads for you why you sleep. (very important)
    Has a high return investment.

Hope this helps,
    Brandy
  15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Salome25: For starters my son and daughter actually did start a web site , took them a couple of years of very, very hard work. Steep learning curve, but they are starting to bring in some money. So it can be done with determination . I am trying myself to do a little website business, but it is really a challenge, just will keep pecking away at it and see what happens.

Hi Salome,

Good for you for giving it a try! Yes, it is a steep learning curve, but if you get some good information and tools it helps immensely. I can hardly believe how much I have learned in 18 months. I wouldn't have believed it if you'd told me 'back then.'

I still struggle from time to time (I'm here in the forum now, giving my brain a rest from trying to get some javascript includes to work on one of my sites - ugh!), but I usually find some really generous and knowledgeable soul to come to my rescue. [​IMG]

The fact that you are going for it is terrific. If you get stuck on something specific, just ask. Someone else is bound to know how to help you over the hurdle.

Congrats to your son and daughter, too! [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  16. Jenny

Jenny New Member

I am working on net since more thn 4 years and i earned loads n loads of $$$ just working from home so it is not fake at all
  17. SeanK

SeanK New Member

Yes, you can make money from home with an online business but most programs require you to pay money to get started (red flag!!) and simply involve pyramid or multi level marketing schemes. The only ones getting rich on these are the owners of the program.

I still think the best way to make money online is to develop your own product that people actually want. However, if that's not realistic for you, there ARE programs out there that will allow you to make money online without paying a single penny to join. Just make sure you do a lot of research before taking the plunge and don't spend anything up front to get started!!
  18. sparquel

sparquel New Member

Babydoll2: Has anyone really something they can do at home and make money? with out having to keep spending more money?
    Generating legitimate income from home is very possible. Sometimes you may have to have "multiple eggs in one basket" at a time. Which simply means being involved in more than one thing at a given time to produce more income from more than one source.

Have you decided what it is you would like to do? What are your skills/qualifications? Deciding on that could get you going in the right direction for starters.

All the best in finding what you may be looking for, if you've not already.
  19. crittabur

crittabur New Member

I have only made $5.25 so far online and I have been on for afew months.Did I mention also that I have spent at least $200 on different programs.I do believe though, that if you keep trying and know in your mind that you WILL make it then eventually you will.I know I will.Here is something I wrote for self motivation.

-Inspire me-

Inspire me when I'm down and I need something more.
    Give me knowledge as waves, always changing the ocean shore.
    Make my conscience open, revealing what I haven't known.
    Show me the wonders of my mind that I have never been shown.
    Let me know that what I'm doing is either wrong or it is right.
    Guide me to the paradise I will see within the light.
    Coax my body into becoming vigilant and strong.
    Take away all my vices, forever letting them be gone.
    Don't let me search for answers that you know will not be there.
    While I wonder around in endless circles as you sit and stare.
    Revive my self worth into being something great.
    Convince me there really is a way that I can change my fate.
    Alter my broken self esteem into knowing I am good.
    Chase away my emptiness like I know you should.
    Conform my twisted thinking into a magnificent straight line.
    Get rid of all the nasty thoughts, they no longer can be mine.
    Watch the stream of happiness flow throughout my veins.
    As we figure out that there truly is no one else to blame.
    Brighten the massive darkness I can feel around my soul.
    Lighten up the blackness before it takes its toll.
    See for the first time how it can be done.
    Know that in your heart,we have finally won.
    Take a moment now to ponder what you have just read.
    The person you have been talking to, are they alive or are they dead.
    I know that if you think hard enough you will surely see.
    The one you have been talking to is no one else but me.

Crittabur
  20. ronniebranch

ronniebranch Member

I made over $35,000 last year on the internet and $2500 to day for this year and growing. Just went up 2 ranks with my company and helped 2 go up 1 rank and earning $11,000 per year in residual income..

I'M EXCITED! Thank you Lord!