Can You really make money at home or is it fake?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Babydoll2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. bobby davis

bobby davis New Member

You can use ****scam.com**** to check how credible different online job offers and money making schemes really are by reading the opinions of different people which are very informative!

2. JamieB34

JamieB34 New Member

Hi

Your not likely to make very much online without investing at least a small amount to get yourself established.

Making money online is very real and many do it very successfully. I currently earn $10,000 plus each and every month working from home.

3. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Do you want to work a j.o.b. or actually build your own business? I've been building businesses from home for decades - yes it is real. But, if you treat like a hobby, it'll pay you like a hobby - not

4. taz87

taz87 Member

Yes you can make money online from home...there are so many different "fields" of businesss that all legit so you have to research them and figure out which one is for you. Once you do that you focus on that option you chose and blank out everything else.Unless you are focused you will not get very far.

Taz

5. skydancer

skydancer Banned

Yes you can.

BUT the reality of it is that the internet is a powerfull medium that takes a lot of patience to learn. I believe you have to pick an opportunity that you can be proud of and one that you can share with friends and family members. If not how could you promote something based just on how much money you will make.

All the reasons for starting a h/b is that you can see yourself being involved with it, because you like it and feel it has great worth to all else that see's it.

Make no mistake about it though, because all rules apply, and one of them is that there is no free ride, no magic formula, no easy way. You have to work at it no matter what.

As far as the internet is concerned you have to be on top of your game and learn. It's not easy. I suggest learning one thing at a time untill you master it before you go on to the next.

Do not get involved with companies who rely on hype, get rich quick, cylcling programs or any other opp. that doesn't have a solid business plan, and one with aproduct that actually means something.

Do not be taken or fooled by the countless scams and fly by nights that permiate that internet at lightning speed. do your reasearch, be proud of what your doing and allow for your business to grow.

IMHO

6. beachgirl

beachgirl New Member

Making money working from home is not easy but it can be done althought it can take quite a bit of effort. I have been working from home for 8 years making a great profit and enough to comfortably support myself.

It's great if you can find a company to work for that is reputable but sometimes that is not always easy to do. Also give some thought to things you like doing and hobbies. Sometimes you can turn a hobby into a profitable business and something that you run yourself and set the rules and guidelines for.

I started a home business making and selling one of a kind jewelry pieces. I just started this business about 5 years ago after wasting a lot of money on work at home craft companies. I'm not saying they are all scams. I am sure there are some legit ones out there and yes I did work for a few legit ones but there were more that took your money and gave you nothing in return. This is what made me decide to go out on a limb and start my own business.

The point is don't sell yourself short on the talents you have and they things you like to do. Good luck to all!

7. abdel

abdel New Member

Babydoll2

Hi,

In my opinion, making money online is not any easier than it would be offline. Although I don't deny that there are people who are making big sums of money working only few hours a day on the internet.

But, don't forget the fact that these people have worked hard for years to get to where they are now. They didn't get there overnight by sitting on their butt.

They put hours upon hours of hard work into it. And even after all those years, they still have to work hard even if it is just for a couple of hours.

Good luck

8. jeremybarker

jeremybarker New Member

Babydoll2

You can work from home using the internet and be successful. I believe and have found that the best way is to work for yourself in creating a business of your own (especially for long term success). In starting any business if anyone tells you that you can make $1000's of dollars fast without spending any money, they are wrong. To work in business and as an entrepreneur you have to spend money to make money if you are wanting to make the money I think you are talking about.

There are free ways to advertise, etc but that will only get you so much.

But in answer to your question, yes you can make real money online with the right opportunity.

9. Winningjob

Winningjob New Member

Never stop believing and never stop evaluating where you are on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis! See where you are going and have a goal, but be ready to change things that are not working. I know plenty of people that have made money from home though websites, advertising/promotion, MLM type companies and even working as customer service at home on their own computer (APAC is one such company that hires folks for this).

It can be done. NEVER quit.

10. DavidCarter9000

DavidCarter9000 New Member

To be an Entrepreneur is a great thing but requires dedication to see the vision through. It takes money to make money. This is mostly true. However that amount of money doesn't have to be insanely high. As an Entrepreneur you must do plenty of research and formulate a game plan that you can stick too. Make what changes you have to in order to free up funds. less coffee. lower speed internet, less channels on the tv ect. Most people can really find things they can cut out of there budget if it has to be done. Keep focused on what you have to do to see your goal through. Build a future and don't just maintain the status quo.

There are many good programs out there today to help you achieve great success but don't be fooled by the marketing which shows off the top 1 percent best case scenario. Many good programs get a bad rep because of the failure rate. Most people will not succeed at any one opportunity. More people will always fail then make it where they want to be. The people at the top are the people that see there vision through at all costs and don't give in to temptations that cause them to slow down or walk away from it.

So Yes you can make a ton of money online or off line for that matter but you have to be able to stay the course and sacrifice for your future as needed. Think of it like a credit card. You can pay for your choices now or you can pay for them much harder later.

Also if your marketing something always remember that people are people and not machines. Network with them. Learn who they are and let them learn who you are and understand you. Build relationships. This is what networking is all about in its simplest form and just about anything you do will require a degree of networking with people.

11. kanonig

kanonig New Member

CJ and Clickbank are reputable company. Such companies can not go from good to bad (cheating people). There are lots of way to make money from home and online. From home, you can be an evening teacher, pet walking, help sell people's unwanted item. On the internet you can be a writer, a SEO expect, an affiliate marketer, virtual assistant and many more. What is your area of specialization and interest?

12. micg121

micg121 New Member

kanonig: CJ and Clickbank are reputable company. Such companies can not go from good to bad (cheating people).
    How right you are. I don't think a company with the respect and reputation which these two have earned would ever risk bad publicity from scams. If you've noticed, lately both of these have even tightened the rules as to who they let into their networks... both vendors and affiliates.

13. henrybb

henrybb New Member

Below is an example of how my typical day is - I'm a 58-year old Englishman working from home in Malaysia running a homebased global procurement consulting business. I have posted some of this before but for the sake of simplicity just compare it with what you are doing now. I'm not saying you should follow what I'm doing . I am after all an old man but I do get to enjoy my quiet life here in the tropics doing something ( I have done this business for about 15 months now) that brings me a nice amount of mojo without depending on my kids or the Govt for assisstance. My stress levels have gone down drastically over the last two years and my health is getting better by the day. Well here goes -

Everyday I wake up before my chickens ( I have chickens at the back of my house in a pen), put some jam on my toast , sit down with my cup of coffee, switch on my computer and check my emails.

Aha, this morning I received an offer letter from a seafood supplier. See below -

#############################################

Dear sir,

I hope you're doing well.

I haven't spoken with you in awhile and I just wanted to touch base with you and give you an update on some of the items we have to offer currently:

H&G 11-18lb KING Salmon IQF PMC toted $4100/MT CIF Main Ports *Or Best Offer

Greenland Halibut Frames (Heads, tails, and racks) 450gms+ $4.40/kg CIF Main Ports

HOG Greenland Halibut 800g-1200gms $9.25/kg CIF Main Ports

HOG Greenland Halibut 1200gms+ $9.15/kg CIF Main Ports

W/R Pacific Mackerel (Scomber Japonicus) 100-300gms $1350/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Redfish (Sebastes Marinus) 100-300gms, pack to order! $1575/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Redfish (Sebastes Marinus) 200-400gms, pack to order! $2225/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Male Capelin (Mallotus villosus) 30-40ct $750/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Female Capelin (Mallotus villosus) 55-60ct $1875/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Yellow Croaker (Micropogonias Fournieri) 300-500gm $2425/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Yellow Croaker (Micropogonias Fournieri) 500gms+ $2600/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Sardines (Sardinops Sagax), 100-150 grams $1350/MT CIF Main Ports

W/R Sardines (Sardinops Sagax), 40-60 grams $1250/MT CIF Main Ports

H&G Hake (Merluccius Productus) 100-200gms $1950/MT CIF Main Ports

HGT Hake (Merluccius Productus) 200-400gms $2100/MT CIF Main Ports

HGT Hake (Merluccius Productus) 300-500gms $2200/MT CIF Main Ports
    W/R Greysole

Shatterpack- 15kg boxes

200-300gms $2750/MT CIF Main Ports

300-400gms $3125/MT CIF Main Ports
    Alaska Pollock, HGT (Grade A, MSC certified)

(Theragra Chalcogramma)

Size: 300-500gr or 500gr +

Packing: 2x10kg or 2x9kg (depending on the size 300-500 or 500 +)

Blockfrozen, poly wrapped, in carton, and hand laid.

Production Date: Oct/Nov 2011

Country of origin: USA

$2.25/kg CIF Main Ports
    2011 Canadian Snow Crab Clusters

4ups $6.05lb CIF Main Ports

5-8's $6.15lb CIF Main Ports

8ups $6.65lb CIF Main Ports

All items subject unsold and USD pricing.
    PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE

I also received another offer letter from another supplier, also see below -

Dear Mr Brown,

Have a nice day!

Very delighted to write to you. This is Tina from xxxxxx xxxx Chemicals Co.,Ltd. We're a Chinese supplier of high quality of Titanium dioxide. Glad to know you are in the market of this field.

Competitive price and high quality is our advantage.

Commodity: titanium dioxide

Molecular Formula: TiO2

Appearance: White powder

Cas No.: 13463-67-7

HS Code: 3206111000

Type: Titanium Dioxide Anatase 98%, Rutile 93%

Packing: 25 p.p bag, 22 MT /20' FCL

Payment term: T/T in advance or 100% L/C at sight

Delivery time: Within two weeks

If the product is of interest to you, we would like to offer our samples and price list.

Thank you and looking forward to your early reply.

Yours Faithfully,

xxxx xx (Ms.)
    Sales Manager

I look in my database for buyers of these items. I connect the buyers with the sellers properly using a system I learnt from a practicing global procurement consultant who also happens to teach other people how to do this business properly.

Once the deal is done the supplier will send my payment by TT/Wire Transfer to my bank account in any bank in the civilized world.

I don't handle the products. I don't negotiate on behalf of anybody but whatever quotation the supplier gives to the buyer, my portion is already in it.

There is a way/ a SYSTEM to do it so that at the end of the day you will get paid unlike so many agents and brokers out there who get nothing for their efforts.

The offers come from all over the world for all kinds of products. Most of these offers are from industrial suppliers. And most of their buyers are industrial buyers. They don't buy in small quantities. They normally buy in bulk - by metric tonnes, by container loads.

Many of these industrial buyers are actually factories which use and process raw materials into finished products. They have production lines to maintain so they must make sure they don't run out of raw materials or their production lines will have to stop and they will lose millions. So these factories are actually consistent repeat buyers of raw materials. Some even buy on a monthly basis with long term contracts. If you do your agreement with your suppliers properly you will also be able to tap into these repeat orders and get yourself repeat payments month after month.

How much money are we talking about here?
    Multi million dollar contracts are daily occurences in international trade. Example - your supplier may agree to pay you just 2% of the contract value. If the contract value is USD 1 million then you stand to get USD 20,000 . And we haven't touched on the repeat payments yet. You can rinse and repeat this same process with other suppliers and other buyers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting? I'm from the old school so I can be quite "challenged" when it comes to computers and the internet. Ask me about SEO or Adsense or blogging and you will see me fall asleep faster than anyone might say good night.

It's a real business where we make full use of the information available on the Net to make money through global procurement consulting. You still have to work on it but you do it at your own pace from home. I work my own hours. I can do this business from anywhere in the world as long as I have my laptop and an internet connection. If you feel this kind of life/workstyle is OK with you then drop me a message. [​IMG]

Henry
    v

14. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Honestly I think anything offering that you'll make millions in a few weeks is fake and a scam. Working from home is definitely hard work and you can even work harder than your day job, but you work for yourself [​IMG]

15. webgenie

webgenie New Member

You must be able to, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people doing it! I figure if one man (or in my case woman!) can do it, another man can do it!!! I've been at it for a month and a half now and check everyday for my checks in the mail =)

I DO have some people on my email list now though - that is not as easy as one would think, lol.

16. Foxer

Foxer New Member

Yes there is absolutely legitimate work from home opportunities. A lot of internet marketers get their start from freelancing. More so, article writing. Not only can it pay you daily. But it also gives you a good feel for the online work landscape. And it's a great chance to network with others making their money online. Sky's the limit where that can lead you. Hope this helps.

17. jimm2011

jimm2011 New Member

I have tried alot of work at home and make money online programs and have wasted a ton of money. The best advice i can give someone looking for ways to make money online is that.. if it promises you large amounts of money is short periods of time.. stay way! There is no get rich quick way of making money online.

There are however ways to make alil money over and over again. The nice thing about making any money online is that when you learn how to do it, you can repeat it over and over again. When i learned that, i started making some money but it was still slow going. The key to making any money, online or in the "real world", is knowing that there are no free handouts its going to take somework and some investment on your part.

When searching for a online form of making money, look for something that requires very little effort and very little investment. Also make sure you can easily repeat what ever process it takes to make the money.

I have been doing well with a site called ZipNadaZilch. It is a "freebie" site where you sign up and complete offers from sponsoring businesses. In return you get referrals to sign up and do the same and you are paid a "prize" by ZNZ. You can pick from electronics and games etc.. but they also have cash "prizes". This is where the money making comes in. Once you sign up and qualify by completing the offer requirements you are then qualified for life to recieve unlimited payouts of what ever cash prize you chose. That is the repeatable part. So you only have to complete an offer(s) once and thats it. Its free to sign up but some offers require you to sign up for a trial period of a product or buy a subscription. This is where the small investment comes in. The beauty of it is that you can return before the trial period ends and cancel it and never be charged, thus making the entire process free.

When i signed up, i signed up as a referral of someone that paid me a portion of the money they made from ZNZ for getting me to sign up. So i was actually paid money into my PayPal account for simply entering my email and then completing an offer(s). This is the easiest way to get people to sign up as a referral, offer them a cut of the money! I am currently doing the exact same thing.

This has got to be by far the easiest way i have ever made money online, trust me i know about trying to make money online, i have been trying for years. To me this form of making money online is a no brainer.

If you are curious to learn more, just ask and id be glad to help you.

Thank you!

18. Travis Korns

Travis Korns New Member

I've made money online, I'm not rich but it's enough incentive to keep going!

19. bren72662

bren72662 New Member

henrybb
    I would be very interested in more information, if you have the time & patience.

20. nhoudek

nhoudek New Member

It is possible, but it takes time and effort. Just like any other business you have to find a product to sell, and then convince people to buy it from you. It is possible to do this without spending any money but IMO it is best to at least have hosting and a domain.

There are two things that prevent most from succeeding online.

1) you will give up. You have read all the sales pitches that tell you it will be so easy and money will just appear in you bank account. You know better, yet you continue to but these products. That brings me to the second reason.

2) You are overwhelmed with all of the choices, training, and products. This eventually brings you back to reason number 1.

How do you prevent this from happening? Stay focused! Pick a product and niche (just one!) and drive traffic, blog, and pay for advertising. It takes time. don't give up. Don't try to take on something else until your first venue is making so much money you can outsource to work. If you have not made any money in the first month you need to change things up.

try try again. Quitting is the only action that will guarantee failure.

Good Luck! [​IMG]