can you tell me the steps

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by 9davidhunt, Feb 24, 2012.

1. 9davidhunt

9davidhunt New Member

I have to handle a new website. I have to start seo on a new website and to promote it single handedly how to start and where to start?

[Post edited. Removed all bold - Admin]
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Is your website built already? Are you starting from scratch?

If you are building a site from scratch and have never done SEO then you probably need to either use something like SiteBuildIt (SBI) that will walk you through all the ins and outs of SEO and will help you put the right keywords in all the right places.

If the website is built already and you are simply going to promote it, then that is an entirely different story.

Give us some specifics and we'll shoot some stuff at ya. [​IMG]
  3. 9davidhunt

9davidhunt New Member

Thanks for the info and this is an already built website and i have to do seo of that. Can you please give me the instructions of how to start or where to start and all the complete things which is used to increase the page rank.
  4. villasana

villasana Member

5. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

I would suggest use Wordpress, it is easy to use, it is seo friendly and it has thousands of free themes and plugins which are very helpful for designing and seo.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you are going to work on SEO for your site to get ranked high on Google, then you will want this to be just a small percentage of your daily routine. You do not want to focus all your attention on this strategy because it may or may not produce the results that you may be looking for.

I would also encourage you to find other ways to promote your site like PPC, article marketing, video marketing, classified ads, etc.
  7. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

Are you getting paid to do this? If so I would love to know how you sold someone on a job that you don't know what to do. That takes serious guts.
  8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I start with the basics. Create high quality keyword rich content. Update that content on a regular basis. And create well placed backlinks.
  9. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

Keyword optimization, meta tags, proper internal linking structure, using text-based navigation, writing content that is original and valuable, securing strong (and relevant) backlinks

Most importantly, give the user a good experience - and DO NOT over do it with the keyword density and SEO, websites are now being penalized for being "overly optimized."

Good luck!
  10. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

You can use Wordpress to create a site, it is easy to use, it has thousands of free themes and plugins which are helpful for designing your sites.
  11. jamess

jamess Member

First start keyword optimization and then start with article submission, video marketing, forum participation etc.. that would help you..
  12. WRuen

WRuen New Member

You should done on-site SEO first. Website with rich content can help your ranking. If you're use wordpress create sites, then you can easily to generate on-site SEO by using Yoast plugin. For off-site SEO, avoid black hat and must use white hat SEO to generate useful backlink point to your sites. They can be social bookmarking, press release, articles & directory submission, forum signature, blog post etc.. When Google determine your sites is valuable, then you will get a good ranking for your sites.