Change Of Scenery

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by wahl2008, Feb 10, 2009.

1. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

I kind of stumbled on this one!

My wife just had our first child recently and I needed to relocate my work space.

Well, just moving to a different room with different "scenery" really helped relieve some of the work at home stress that I was feeling recently. I feel more motivated to work and actually feel more creative in my writing.

You think that you just stare at your computer for hours, but everything around you also effects you. If you face a wall all day, try moving your furniture to face the center of the room or a window. Change your desk chair. If I'm really stressed, I have this cotton bag filled with rice that I put in the microwave for a few minutes. I hang it around my neck while I work and it relieves the stress and tension.

Stand up regularly and do some calisthenics!

Life is too short to be stressed out!

Cheers!

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Yes! The one thing that works extremely well for stress is change or distraction. Just going out for a walk in the outdoors works well enough to relieve stress.

Nice point!

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Another one is take a break away from the computer, do things that you like, e.g napping, watching tv, taking a walk outside.

Just need to relieve the stress out. Once you feel relax, then carry on with your work. It is not good to bottle up your stress.

4. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I use a laptop working at home. I wander from room to room often to work. Since I live in Florida, I often take the laptop out by the pool and work so I can listen to the waterfall. Now, that is not as much fun in August when it is 90 something degree's LOL! But I do agree that changing scenery really does work.

My dog, Bear, also does not hesitate to remind me when it is time to go for a walk every day to break up both of our day's! We always walk for an hour, so it is a nice and needed break.

5. djimelee

djimelee New Member

Stress will stay if u will also stay and didnt do anything for a change..like do what u think will help u out for that stress, doing the things like ur hobbies, go out and feel the air, dance, listen to music, and most of all change ur enviromment by rearranging ur furnitures and things..[​IMG]