COA Telecenter toll free number message ?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by rhondap, Aug 7, 2007.

1. rhondap New Member

Has anyone changed the original message that comes with the system, If so what are you saying? I am getting people calling the number but hang up on the initial message(it is quite lengthy) without going to my extension. I need to figure out how to stop that from happening.

Thanks,
    Rhonda
  2. jnapier New Member

Hi Rhonda,

I do use a customized message. I've been using a customized message for some time now. One of the things I've always done in my business is share what has been tested and works to build a business. I also share what does not work.

Using a customized message works well, but has not proven to be duplicatable. I know that the Coastal Board of Directors are working on tools that will allow all members to benefit from successful directors success.

Call me if I can assist you further.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  3. ibizniz New Member

Hello Rhonda

from my experience the longer the message the more the hang ups.

When I first started coastal 6 yrs a go, I used the 3 minute coastal message and used to get 90% hang up. I changed it after 1 day to the 30 second message and got 50% hang up.

Then I changed it rather quickly to a generic message with my own voice and I started receiving 95% of callers leaving messages. The current message has been on my toll free for about 4 yrs and it still produces a 95% success rate. You can listen to it on 866-629-3806 (don't leave a message if you don't mind)....[IMG]

Rhonda you could add a website address to the message and it should not affect the results.

Hope this helps
    maria
    PS I think the reason why it has a good success rate is because of the fundamental notion that people do now want to be pitched to. [IMG]
  4. hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Maria,
    the main reason people want you to call them back is because of that beautiful British accent.[IMG] Heck, I would buy a coastal package from you and I already have one. lol I love that accent. It's much more appealing than mine. I've got that NC hillbilly accent.
  5. luvtravel New Member

How do you change the main greeting with COA?
    step by step please.

Thanks!

Terri
  6. jnapier New Member

Hi Terri,

There are instruction on the official coastal training dot com website.

Jay NaPier
  7. goldmills New Member

Britt Philips has had a lot of success with his 800 #.

It is super short!

Give it a listen...

800-887-1897... Use Skype, as you'll get a call back from a Coastal rep, as they'll think you are a lead, so remember that... someone will call you back, as they do collect the # that called the 800 and add it into a voice broadcaster.

As I did listen to it, I see Britt has changed it ... its much longer than I thought.

But he has this ad in hundreds of places each week and month, that he does in a co-op.

If people want to hear my 24 hour msg go listen to it here:

800-224-1139 I won't call you back, cause I don't call people back. I have a team of people who do that for me.

When you call the #, you'll see how I do that and how it automates the sales for me. Please don't waste my reps time if you call, unless you are seriously interested in a system like what I created.

I use the COA call system for this set up and it's really cool and super slick. But I DO NOT use the canned messages that come with COA.

Another thing I do, is if people leave me messages, I have the message audio, which is sent to me via attachment, sent to me AND my closers who get the message and return the calls on mybehalf.

This is the benefit of using leverage and tools to do the work for you.

Jeff
  8. jnapier New Member

Looks like Britt has changed his message. He was using something that said "I've made 30K a month, I've made 50K per month...." and I borrowed a few ideas from the call...but when I tested them, they only produced hang up calls.

When advertising in newspapers and magazines, I've found that it's best to let people know that they'll need a computer. A very good percentage of the people who responded to my nationwide ads have not had a computer.

I've found that using coastal budget leads dot com has been the best use of my advertising dollar.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
  9. luvtravel New Member

Jeff,
    so Britt Phillips uses a voice broadcast system to call people back after they call his number or if they leave a message??

And you have actual humans calling back people who call your 800# even if they dont leave a message or just the ones who leave a message?

I have tons of hangup phone numbers. I don't call them back. I prefer to voice shot the way you trained us to do Jeff, in the WCYS backoffice.

What is the best way to handle WCYS optins, I have so many now that I have been doing a voice broadcast to them plus personal emails besides the autoresponder.

Terri
  10. jnapier New Member

I've tried ALOT of methods to build my business.....but here's the thing. There MUST be a personal connection.

I do use the autodial function of ContactTalk, but I use it to let people know that I'll be getting with them and if they'd like to goto the front of the line...they can begin by calling me.

Hang ups are usually a result of either A) The person didn't like what they heard from you or B) They didn't believe what you were saying. C) There was not a complete system for them to follow to get all the details

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  11. hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hey Terri,
    what Jeff was saying was that he has the audio file that is created only after the person leaves a message emailed to the call center. This person is a pretty good lead by that time because they have heard the message from Jeff that mentions the startup cost so they if they went through with leaving a message then hopfully they know the cost and the call center is justified in calling that person. If they don't leave a message at all it won't send a file to anyone.
  12. Fletcher New Member

Maria,

Do you advertise your 866 number? If so, I wonder what kind of ad you use since you just ask people to leave a message?
  13. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Fletcher,
    I am sure Maria will be by shortly but what I did with the telecenter number was advertize it as a hotline or information line - people will call in as they know no one will pick up and they can get information on their own (they don't realize that it tracks their every move [IMG])

Keep your message short and options clear as to what number to press for what,etc...

Even if they hang up, call them back once - even if it is only to leave a message that says something like - "Hi there, I had this number on my caller ID, and am assuming you were wanting to get more information about creating additional income from home with Coastal. Am just giving you a quick courtesy call to make sure you got all the information you needed....give me a shout if you have any questions call me - xxx-xxx-xxxx...(leave your personal number)

It lets them know there is a real person on the other side of that business opportunity - and if they are serious they will call you back.

I totally agree with Jay that you need personal contact with people - and THEY want that as well. [IMG]