Coastal Closers Call Centre? -I'm confused

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Judy, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Judy

Judy New Member

So I was searching other Coastal sites (as I like to see how other people market theirs) and on the first page under Coastal Vacations I found a site that was quite confusing. The couple advertising talk about the Coastal Closers Call centre -been around 7 years, will make calls to your leads (which WCYS doesn't do at first), etc.
    They offered something which I didn't think was ethical -requiring only 1 passup Sale at a level with a Director's Release at signup and they only charge $9400 for Level 3 including the closing centre services and L3 release and person makes $6000 commission.
    How can a centre give you that -I thought that the shipping centre took care of figuring out when someone had made their first 2 qualifying sales according to the Levels being shipped out.

Can any director decide to release someone without the 2 qualifying sales? Why would they want to do that? -Just to make instant money and not have to train?

Now here comes the weird part -after all the talk about the Closers Call Centre you scroll down and their are 5 pages on We Close Your Sales Information

I didn't bother contacting them for this contradiction in call centre philosophies etc. but has anyone else seen this website and find it weird. I certainly don't want to advertise it only to say it is in the first 10 that come up.

Judy

2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: JudySo I was searching other Coastal sites (as I like to see how other people market theirs) and on the first page under Coastal Vacations I found a site that was quite confusing. The couple advertising talk about the Coastal Closers Call centre -been around 7 years, will make calls to your leads (which WCYS doesn't do at first), etc.
    They offered something which I didn't think was ethical -requiring only 1 passup Sale at a level with a Director's Release at signup and they only charge $9400 for Level 3 including the closing centre services and L3 release and person makes $6000 commission.
    How can a centre give you that -I thought that the shipping centre took care of figuring out when someone had made their first 2 qualifying sales according to the Levels being shipped out.

Hi Judy,

You've just found Jim Stephens. He's tried several time to run a call center. I've got several team members who've tried his call center and had no success. One lady was hired by him to take calls and make sales, but never made a sale at all.

As for the pricing, it's not ethical at all. He's not teaching people the right way to run their business. It's very sad, as someone like myself will have to help those who were burned by him.

Big Caution to those who are looking at that option.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

P.S. - This call center is NOT the wcys sales center.

3. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Judy,

I don't know who this couple is, but I am with the Coastal Closers. We have not been around for 7 years, though we do make outbound calls.

It sounds like they have made their own website and taken information from WCYS to do so. Not a good approach in my opinion, for several reasons - not least of which is stealing copyrighted information, which I assume is the case with WCYS.

But, to answer your questions about releases. Every group and director has their own system. You will find this addressed in several threads in this forum's history.

An acquaintance of mine left CSG a year ago because she didn't like the fact that her upline altered the standard structure for releasing he members. Apparently, she would accept any two sales to qualify for Level 3. That was that Director's choice.

Jeff Mills runs a special sale once in a while offering to waive one of the pass up qualifying sales. In fact, he's running a special discount right now, I believe it is a certain dollar amount off of the regular price.

The decision to release someone in Coastal is up to the individual director (or Call Center) because we run our own businesses. The shipping center has nothing to do with it other than to send out the packages.

Also, it is not a question of ethics, though many people try to phrase it in this manner. It is simply a different way of doing business. Unethical is stealing someone's prospect right out from under their nose, not adjusting the price of the Level 3. I myself sell it for $9,995 because this keeps it under the $10K maximum that requires more in-depth financials with various payment processors.

If you continue your search, you will find any number of sites offering Coastal at different prices, with different qualifying processes and numerous methods of promotion.

The bottom line, run your business in a manner that works for you and helps others obtain success. When you do this, you won't have to worry what other people in Coastal are up to.

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Judy,
    I don't have a problem of offering a discount on a very RARE occassion. I do a "special" twice a year to encourage people to sign up and to help members get qualified. I personally don't change the qualification rules. I alway require 2 pass up sales but, if you are working hard and haven't had any luck signing a person up I will run one of my personal sales through your account to help you get qualified. That is subject to what level you are and things like that but my main goal is to get people qualified quicker. On the directors release that you will receive there is a place for the info of the two sales you made to qualify. I will not falsify info on that form. When someone buys a directors release on Ebay, that person is using a falsified form and is lying to the shipping center.

5. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks for the information -maybe I should get on my director to either help me more in getting my sales or use her own (although she hasn't had any new ones since me I don't think). She had suggested that she was a good sponsor and would never leave me (which is what her director did) I can get a hold of her but she keeps saying that it is my business and she can only help me so far and she is not really working right now due to an illness.

Oh well, at least I have all you great directors to gain insight and info from.

Judy

6. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

One thing for all of us to realize is that there is only one way to fail in this business. That is to quit. If you quit you are guranteed to fail and that is the only way to fail. If you aren't making sales then change whatever it is that you are doing and try something different. Most of us had rather go the internet route which is the easiest for most of us becaue it requires less effort. We just have to go to our computers and place our ads or do whatever it is that we do to make sales. If that is not working for you then you might need to try doing some local promotions or fundraisers. Go to or call local businesses and show them your kit or take them to your website. This business will work but not by itself. I think sometimes we try to make it sound easier than it is. Any privately owned business is going to take time and dedication. You and your director can succeed in Coastal. Just change your focus and try some new type of promotion techniques. Why don't you do this right now. When you get through reading this, open up word or publisher and create some flyers that say "learn how you can quit your job and work at home. Learn how to show others how to travel for 75% less than they do now and see how you can make a minimum of $1,000 everytime you show them." Put your contact info and stick the flyers up everywhere. Make sure and put some palm trees and beaches on the flyer. That is an extremely inexpensive way to advertise and you can do it right now. Let me know what happens.

7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: Judymaybe I should get on my director to either help me more in getting my sales or use her own (although she hasn't had any new ones since me I don't think). She had suggested that she was a good sponsor and would never leave me (which is what her director did) I can get a hold of her but she keeps saying that it is my business and she can only help me so far and she is not really working right now due to an illness.

Hi Judy,

As a full time Coastal Director I can tell you that I've seen just about everything in this business. You CAN work the Coastal business on a part-time basis, BUT you've got to be ready to support your team. By support - that means being responsible to your team, not for them.

I agree with your director, BUT, BUT, BUT.....one of the tasks you have is to have an open ear and be a listener, as working from home can get lonely AND every director wants someone to bounce ideas off off. So, you should be able to call your director and talk with them about where your at in your business and questions and the like.

SOME Directors are being trained to be cold and not supportive. Giving their team members a push out of the nest and a "Hope you can fly" mentality. It's not their fault. They are listening to a group who have a "hollyier than thou" mentality.

Another thing I've heard trained is "I only work X-X and don't call me unless it's...... I could go on, but I think your getting the idea. The idea is that you've only got so much time and you don't want to waste it being "a slave" to your team.

LOL....this really makes me laugh. You are responsible to your team.....THIS "Group" of directors have forgotten who their clients are - Their Team, is one of their clients....but, that "Group" can't seem to stay focused or create more than a handful of successes.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

8. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

As far as qualification, each director has their own individual way to run their business. Whether you choose to give a $ discount or choose to take one sale only that is up to you, but I personally have a problem with those directors who clearly undersell the packages or sell the releases on the google ads etc for all to see.

A lack of support is the #1 issue coastal members have with their directors. With ripoff reports floating on the first pages of the search engines, I would have thought that some directors would be more careful.

Support and completely taking over are 2 different things, but with the official coastal training dot com, all the training calls that coastal hosts never mind a steam of eager directors on this forum ready to answer any question, I do think there is almost too much training material floating around.

Choose 3 or 4 marketing methods that suit your personality and market.....if you are not marketing your website, or yourself for at least 2-3 hours per day, you are really not taking your business seriously. Sorry, but that is true.

Tip: Download the ALexa dot com toolbar, write down your website rank # and see if you can get it lower every week.

Hope this helps

maria porter
    level 3 director

9. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Quoting: ibiznizChoose 3 or 4 marketing methods that suit your personality and market.....if you are not marketing your website, or yourself for at least 2-3 hours per day, you are really not taking your business seriously. Sorry, but that is true.

Judy,

Maria posted an excellent advise. Get educated in Internet Marketing. Main thing, so make sure you don;t have to be depend on nobody!

You have to learn how to generate leads.

lm

10. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks everyone,
    I am away this weekend but I am working on my business cards and postcards to put up around my city and my husband designed a great background of vacations. I am trying to post on a few search engines every day and start designing my own website with more info on me and the product before they opt in. Maybe with greater content or links I can get my site seen more. This is my plan for the next month as well as reading everything I can on PPC.

So, I'm curious if you let your people be released after only one sale do you use one of your own sales as the second one? I would love my director to do that but since she isn't selling very much that could take longer than me!

I so much wish I had found this forum before I joined so that I could have picked a more successful director -thanks for all your help everyone and have a great weekend!

11. goldmills

goldmills New Member

If you waive a training sale, on the release form, I would simply write... requirement waived by director.

Cause that is the truth.

I have never ever ever ever heard of NB sending a check BACK to a member or banning people from placing orders with releases, where they were released on special offers.

They do always make threat that "at anytime... we can spot check"

So if they did, so what, it's your business, not theirs.

If you go with a GOLD SEAL, you'll not be able to release people early and must do a two pass up program to get the seal and do it official Coastal way.

if not, then do it how you like.

But ya... all the discounts, all the under cutters, all the different groups and teams, and all the misinformation has made getting correct and truthful information hard.

It has confused the market place.

After 12 years of silence, the BOD has been making many good moves to more regulation and ethics policies to keep and make a more standardized method, which can be duplicated and copied by all.

I applaud them on this effort to standardize and create policies, rather than letting it be the wild wild west like it was 2-4 years ago.

When I run specials or if you run specials, always do it in this manner.

1. Limited amount of packages sold
    2. limited amount of days to buy it

This is how the real world does sales.

Follow what the real world does if you like, many stores offer limited time offers and sales to move more product, then go back to regularly marked price.

The damage to coastal is done when people ALWAYS discount and ALWAYS run offers to confuse the market place and under cut all.

In the end I think the undercutter do lose out, they get bad reps, and complaints in the scam sites. So they eventually reap what they sow in some cosmic justice type of way.

Just my 2 cents, I don't make the rules, just interpret them and run my business like real entrepreneurs and brick and mortar businesses do.

I go to work each day.

"I put my pants on one leg at a time just you all do, but I make Gold records"

(can you name where that quote came from and who said it? 1000 coastal points to the winner)

Jeff

12. dadam

dadam New Member

About "Bruce Dickinson" Saturadi Night Life in 2002

13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Jeff,

How do I redeem my Coastal points? LOL Maybe you should run a contest and give out some of your marketing tips as a prize. LOL just a thought.

Adam

14. mycoastal

mycoastal New Member

Who is running the WCYS call center and where is it based? I would like to know a little more about WCYS call center before joining them.

Thanks so much.

15. goldmills

goldmills New Member

WCYS was started by Paul Langley. He joined Jeff Mills's team and told him he was gonna build a call center.

Jeff said.. "Cool, let me know how it goes"

Two months later Paul's little call center closed 55 sales.

Jeff talked to Paul at that point and said...'got any room for the rest of my team to get on this action?'

Paul Said, "Yes"

In April 2005, 50 people from Jeff's team joined Paul by allowing his team to close their sales, based on their advertising.

May 2005, Call center went live to the general public.

August 2005, call center launched it's own automated marketing system and sales tracking system with the notes from reps.

Fall 2006 - Paul sells the business to his top closer Hoyt Farmer, so Paul could pursue other dreams.

Hoyt improves upon the concept and brings more value to the members.

Here it is over 2.5 years later, well over 3000 members and paid out over 2 million in commissions to Coastal reps.

I still feel like we are at the tip of the iceburg. What's next?

Satalite call centers in many cities, nations, countries, speaking the language of the lead.

Fronting centers who will Generate leads and call them for you, then send them to the closer to close.

Dreams, but they can come true.

Be careful not to automate too much I found people still like to call and talk to me before they join.

That is a quick history lesson.

The WCYS leadership team consists of Hoyt Farmer, Greg Stillman, Jeff Mills, Dean Marino, and Matt Willis.

We all do what we can to make systems, teach marketing, and help members with websites and more.

PM me if anyone has any questions, or just call anytime really....

651-769-2189

16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: goldmillsFronting centers who will Generate leads and call them for you, then send them to the closer to close.

I would settle for them calling leads I already generated.
    Like my opt-ins

Terri

17. Judy

Judy New Member

Wouldn't that be great Terri. Right now I can call my leads after 9:30-when I'm sure my girls are asleep -too late or if I do it during the day I run the risk of screaming kids in the background trying to get my attention.
    As the call centre is still fairly new perhaps that could be in the future -I know they have a lead company that can drop leads into your autoresponder but I would pay .50 more to have the call centre make the first call.

Terri, I noticed that you do not have a business name yet -have you tried GoDaddy?

Jeff, are there any plans to revise the training you did in the back office (mainly regarding the condo card updated companies as the ones you talk about are no longer with our cards)
    Also, you have the GUAG vouchers shown on the training but supposedly they are now being used by the CSG and not Coastal as a whole -can you confirm this?

Thanks,
    Judy

18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: JudyTerri, I noticed that you do not have a business name yet -have you tried GoDaddy?

What do you mean and were did you get that impression?

Do you mean domain names?
    We have "besttravelpkg dot com, jet2cruise dot com and travelbizcash dot com. "

So I am not certain what you mean.
    Or where you are getting that impression.

Terri

19. CarolinaConsign

CarolinaConsign New Member

Quoting: goldmillsPS - 1000 Coastal Points goes to Dadam for getting the right Answer. Now 5000 coastal bonus points to whomever can name the famous actor who played Bruce's character.

Christopher Walken played the character......."more cowbells"....lol

20. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    I think she is talking about your signature link. It's not your domain but your actual URL to your specific WCYS marketing site.