Coastal Leads......any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by mclark, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mclark

mclark New Member

I would like to know if working leads is the best way to work your Coastal business and what other ways to advertise?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.......thanks
  2. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi Monique,

Nice to see you here! I am guessing that no one has seen your question yet...

I do start everyone off with leads. Is it the best way? I can't say. What is the best for one person may not be the best for another person. I do like leads, but I also advertise other ways. There is a ton of information in this forum on advertising. Just do a forum search at the bottom of the page.

I'll pm you a link to an ebook with a bunch of ideas (if I can find it...lol)

Hope that helps!

Lora
  3. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Monique,
    You have asked the number one question on everyone's mind. What is the best way to get people to join your Coastal business. You are probably going to hear answers you have heard before, such as "It's different for everyone" and "It depends on how much money you have" or "It depends on how good you are on the phone." All of those things play into the solution.

If money is an issue then the free ways of advertising are the easiest way to get traffic going to your site. Craigslist, BackPage, Forums like this one, printing out and putting up flyers can all generate traffic. It does take much more effort and time but that is the price you pay in exchange for low to no cost advertising.

Cold calling leads is not my preferred way of prospecting but noone can deny that it does make sales. There are thousands that do nothing but call numbers for several hours a day. Is it worth it? If you make a sale it is. It definitely is a numbers game. You have to have a system and keep the call times to a minimum unless you have a hot prospect. Get them to your site and let it do the hard part for you. Before you get off the phone with them, set up a call back time.

My first 5 sales came from PayPerClick advertising on Google. It isn't cheap but you do get targeted leads. The bad thing about that is there are lots of Coastal people checking out other Coastal ads and they will click on yours and even opt in to your site and then you call them and find out they are already a member and they were just looking at other sites to get ideas. Their looking cost you at least $1.50 and the time you took to call them. There is nothing you can do about that, though. It happens but sales are made from PayPerClick. Google is, by far, most expensive and there are other alternatives.

My suggestion, if you don't want to spend money is to try the free options I mentioned above. They really do work but it does take time and effort. Feel free to email me if I can help.
  4. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Monique,

I found the ebook and I pm'd it to you. There are a ton of ideas in it, so have fun [​IMG]

Have a great evening!

Lora
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

That is the million dollar question. How is the best way to work your Coastal Business? I say it really depends on the individual. For example maybe you dont like to make phone calls. Well then calling leads isnt going to work for you. You might be someone thats great in front of people so doing seminars would me a good fit. You see it really depends. There are many ways to do this business and be successful.

I think you should have a combination of many options. I generate leads via making lead capture pages and posting them on the internet. I blog, write articles, post in forums and place free classifieds in many areas. I know this seems like alot but its really as simple as cut and paste. You find the places you want to advertise and rotate your ads.

In addition I like to be in front of people so I retail as well. This is something that is hard for most to duplicate. My background is in sales so im adept at getting to the decision maker and making a deal. For some this is a good way to generate sales and if you like B2B I suggest using this method.

Another way is to call leads. I think this can be effective if you create the right expectations and go about it the correct way. First off understand calling people and asking them to get in a business an pay $1295 is going to be difficult. I say this as the market is saturated with opportunities that cost much less. I sugeest leading with the retail end of the package. Talking about vacations as everyone loves to vacations and if they can do it at a discount it will get you in the door. Be sure to ask for referrals all the time.

As you see there are many ways to market Coastal and ive only hit the tip of the iceberg with my post here. My best advice would be to find what your skills are and market Coastal using those skills.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  6. victorious

victorious New Member

Working leads has worked for us, but it's not the only way of advertising. I wouldn't rely just on working leads; I would also go for pay-per-click advertising, that's what's made us the most money.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    (770)995-0029